Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Notice: Rule changes regarding cheating + Clarification on CDing cloaked ships
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Good day, everyone.

As many of you already know, the purpose of the most recent large-scale rules change was to make them more accessible to new players and much more easily understandable by making them simplified. By this point, we hope that it comes to no surprise to anyone to find out that we think that this change was badly implemented and caused more issues to both the players and the staff in the long run.

During the next few months, we will be revising the current set of rules and removing the need for a rule clarification thread. Some of these simplifications are more than enough for what they do, but there were rules that should have never been simplified. Such for example would be the one regarding cheating.

This is the first rule that we will be reverting back to its original state, where it gets its own section. It also will be clarifying the current administration team's stance on a few gameplay mechanics that most of you currently see as not forbidden. It also elaborates on a few other issues that have been popping up but mostly visible on our side.

As such, the current rule looks like this:
Quote:3.8 Cheating - This includes editing game INI files, or using third party software to gain advantages over vanilla Discovery Freelancer installations as well as running the game above 155 FPS. Admin-approved visual mods are allowed.

The following changes are as follows:

3.8 Rule is hereby removed.
Section 5 is now added to the rules and reads thus:

5. Cheating and Exploits - Modifying your Discovery Freelancer installation or using third-party tools in order to gain advantage over other players is strictly forbidden and will result in deletion of ingame assets or a ban. This also includes specific cases such as:

5.1 Running the game with uncapped framerate that exceeds 155fps. Computers running uncapped framerate must use a third party program to limit the FPS to below 155. Tutorial.
5.2 Using cruise disruptors or missiles in order to track a ship that has successfully cloaked away during an interaction.
5.3 Intentionally ramming a capital ship with a smaller ship in order to ''flip'' it or ramming a capital ship in order to ''catapult'' your ship away from it.
5.4 Intentionally self-killing, teamkilling, planet and sun-diving during Combat Event Plugin enabled battles in order to prevent the opposing team from scoring points.
5.5 Connecting to the server with more than one character at a time (Multiboxing). Players who share a network connection and play together must not engage in trading/mining while doing so.

This is the first, more urgent change in the rules, but the rest of them will be eventually reviewed as well. These changes will be first shown to the community for evaluation once it happens, before implementation.

As for the specific line about cloaks and CDs. There is a fix being discussed in order to avoid this issue altogether, but until then this is our stance on the matter.
Play nice.
"Using cruise disruptors or missiles in order to track a ship that has successfully cloaked away during an interaction."

At least,all my efforts have not been in vain.After 2 years or so,it finally came.
Thank you!!!
It's always been exploiting, so, shrug, nothing here is new to me. Except this bit.

Quote:5.5 Connecting to the server with more than one character at a time (Multiboxing). Players who share a network connection and play together must not engage in trading/mining while doing so.

Thought it was to not share profits/not make one of them more dominant in cash/using family as money slaves? (^: (I mean if there was legitimately two people)

(02-26-2017, 01:37 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]
5.5 Connecting to the server with more than one character at a time (Multiboxing). Players who share a network connection and play together must not engage in trading/mining while doing so.

So I'm supposed to kick my girlfriend out of the house when I want to trade with her? I don't understand this.
Will multi-boxing for a very short amount of time for the sole purpose of transferring equipment between characters still be tolerated?

E : Ugh, good to know :S
No. Do not multibox, it is right there in the rules.
Quote:5.3 Intentionally ramming a capital ship with a smaller ship in order to ''flip'' it or ramming a capital ship in order to ''catapult'' your ship away from it.

Should have liners added to it, not sure about others but i remember some Xenos players used to ram my Pilgrim liner long ago to spin my ship so i could not aim to shoot them.
(02-26-2017, 01:51 PM)R.I.P. Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:5.3 Intentionally ramming a capital ship with a smaller ship in order to ''flip'' it or ramming a capital ship in order to ''catapult'' your ship away from it.

Should have liners added to it, not sure about others but i remember some Xenos players used to ram my Pilgrim liner long ago to spin my ship so i could not aim to shoot them.

This.

Also, when NPCs scan a fleeing cloaked ship and a nearby enemy shoots in that vicinity and the manages to hit said cloaked ship, is this also considered abuse of game mechanics?

It happens more often than I care to admit
(02-26-2017, 01:37 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]5.4 Intentionally self-killing, teamkilling, planet and sun-diving during Combat Event Plugin enabled battles in order to prevent the opposing team from scoring points.

I see lakes of tears here and fleets of reports floating on them. Admins will spend many of hours and nerves trying to just determine if it was intentional or not. Most of us noobz can't even say if that mine was intentional, or not.

I have other suggestions, however.

- in case of someone declared dead by non-hostile fire - simply give the reward to hostile one who hit him before that
or...
- automatically remove armours from ships that died by mines and planets on Combat Event Plugay events. They are the ones that should write to Admins and kindly ask for their equipment to be returned back. And Admins will think, rethink, vote for it etc... Own mines are devastating for armours, ya know. Not to mention planets. And insurance companies can't cover it.
"5.2 Using cruise disruptors or missiles in order to track a ship that has successfully cloaked away during an interaction."

Thank you so much. I've been waiting for this for a long time.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7