Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: {AFC}-The.Huntsman[B], Cc: AFC -|- Subject: Unlicensed cargo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: RFPHeader1.png]

[Image: Laura_Carsten9.jpg]

PRIORITY: High
ENCRYPTION: High
IDENTIFICATION: Polizeidirektorin Laura Carsten
SOURCE: RFP Direktorium Büros, Brandenburg Base
SUBJECT: Unlicensed cargo

Guten Tag, captain or owner of The.Huntsman. My name is Laura Carsten and I´m polizeidirektorin of the Rheinland Federal Polizei. You should remember me from the encounter in New Berlin system and I think this message should be no surprise for you. As you know, our talk was interrupted by more urgent matter in form of a Hessian cruiser, so we could not finish it. However, the situation requires it so I can finish this case.

Thus, I would like to hear explanation regarding those five criminals and total of twelve cargo units of light arms and side arms which were aboard your ship. Also, you said something about need to stay out of Rheinland space for three months, can you elaborate what did you mean?

Polizeidirektorin Carsten out.

END OF THE MESSAGE
[Image: 35jZjswm.jpg]
>Incomming Transmission<
>Comm ID: Frank Gambit<

To:RFP

Yea, ah, Frank Gambit here. I own The.Huntsman. While I was not on board at the time of the "encounter", I do have the logs and have a report from the captain piloting the vessel at the time.

The Huntsman was involved in delivering Wartime Supplies to Battleship Nagumo in the Kyushu system of Kusari. At the time Kusari was under attack from some sort of "Alien" beings that I personally don´t know much about, other than they look like fish. It was a dangerous war zone and hard to find crew wanting to make the trip.

The Captain at the time had no other choice but to hire 5 individuals from planet Berlin with criminal records, and as such were required to wear monitoring anklets. Being that they were headed to a war zone, they were armed with 1 personal side arm and 1 long rifle each and had 2 spare rifles in case of break downs.

As far as what captain meant, by her comment, I can only suppose that she was willing to take on any punishment you deemed necessary. I hope this answers your questions.

Gambit out.
>Transmission Terminated<

SUBJECT: Re: Unlicensed cargo

Guten Tag, Herr Gambit. I apologize for delay, I got occupied by other issues.

Danke for the information. But before we continue regarding the matter of that unlicensed cargo, let me give you an advice. If I am not mistaken, the "alien beings" you mentioned are so called Nomads. Blue things of fish-like appearance. If this is the case, lethal weapons onboard will not make the crew safer like it could against usual human pirates. Actually exactly opposite. Because these creatures do not wish to board your ship, what they do is try to control people´s minds and trick them. For example I heard about event when they took control of captain´s mind and made him think that crew is trying to kill him. And because only captain had gun at that moment, he killed whole crew. And in another event, the nomads were able to persuade captain of a liner to decompress the ship and then release the escape pods with passangers in front of hostile forces.

My point is - if you want to make the crew safer against these aliens, do not arm your crew. Or, if you have to, at least with non-lethal stunning weapons so they will not be able to kill themselves.

Anyway, back to the matter because of which I contacted you. It seems that those five individuals that captain hired were still serving their sentence. At least fact that they wore monitoring anklets suggest it. Maybe they had restricted travelling for example. That is my explanation why scanners picked them up as criminals, as technically they still were. To avoid such problems, I recommend you to hire people with fully finished sentence, you can check their status yourself by scanning them with your onboard scanner. Or even better, hire some private security which does not have criminal records. After all, hiring criminals and then taking them onboard of space ship armed with guns is quite risky if you can not check thoroughly who those people are.

But to conclude this part - captain cooperated, those people were returned back to planet New Berlin and it was only five of them. So according to paragraph 2.1.4.3. of Article Two of Rheinland laws, I decided to waive the fine for this.

However, when it comes to all those weapons, it is quite more complicated. Usually, if crew is armed with common hand guns in usual amount, our scanners don´t pick them up or show it as one cargo unit at most. Because as you probably know, one cargo unit usually represent a transport box with more than just one weapon. Thus, fact that scanners picked up twelve cargo units in total suggests that either there was more than just twelve weapons onboard, or that scanner had malfunction. But that happens very, very rarely. Considering there were those criminals onboard, isn´t it possible they were smuggling some weapons and captain did not know about it? That´s possible explanation which comes to my mind.

But to reach a conclusion regarding this - since I was unable to check the cargo in detail to verify, because I had to leave due to that Hessian cruiser and also there was complication in form of a cargo leakage due to rear cargo bay door failure, I have to make the decision based on scans which showed 12 cargo units in total of restricted materials. For this reason, fine of 125 000 credits is issued according to paragraphs 1.1. and 1.4.1. of Article Three. Send the money to the account RFP|Arsenal and provide confirmation of the payment through this channel, bitte.

END OF THE MESSAGE
[Image: cdv2earm.jpg]
<<-| IncomingTransmission |->>
>Idontgivearatsassencription<
>Comm ID: Chuleta.Prima alias Fat Amy<

>TransmissionBegins<

As captain of The Huntsman, it falls on me to pay this fine.

You have sent 125.000 credits to RFP|arsenal 2017-03-05 03:35:10 SMT

As I have paid the fine, I will consider this matter finished and get back to my milk bath.

>EndTransmission<

Guten Tag, Frau Prima.

I can confirm that we received the money for issued fine, thus you can consider this matter as closed...and get back to whatever you want to do. Just next time, be more careful about your cargo and possible conflicts with Rheinland laws, bitte. I think I summed the problem, its sources and how to prevent that situation would happen again thoroughly in my previous message.

END OF THE MESSAGE
(03-14-2017, 10:27 PM)Rheinland Federal Polizei Wrote: [ -> ]

Guten Tag, Frau Prima.

I can confirm that we received the money for issued fine, thus you can consider this matter as closed...and get back to whatever you want to do. Just next time, be more careful about your cargo and possible conflicts with Rheinland laws, bitte. I think I summed the problem, its sources and how to prevent that situation would happen again thoroughly in my previous message.

END OF THE MESSAGE

Email delivery failure: Remote Server returned '550 Your message has been rejected because you have been detected sending spam'.