Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: 404 | 'Speedster'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Transmission: Start
Identification: Operative Megan Xei : 404
Encryption: Secure

Mr. Reeves,

I find myself in need of a specialized location, for a personal project. From the available locales at my disposal or reach, the Revenant is one of the few that guarantees the highest level of secrecy, all the while being mobile. I am, however, obliged to ask if the Revenant is capable of housing a workshop for the rebuilding and repairing process a single Very Heavy Fighter vessel, before we continue this line of inquiries.

Waiting for your reply,
Megan Xei

Transmission: End
[Image: xOqCVj6.gif]

Agency 404

Transmission; Start
Identification: Operative Avery Reeves

initializing image feed...
image feed available...

[--------------------------------------------------------------]
[Image: ea579a49a9181ed8214b354931244b05.jpg]

It's been a while Operative Xei.

I only vaguely remember meeting you during my days in black-ops with the E.S.R.D. Quite a turbulent set of times, regarding your query into whether the Revenant has a specialized workshop, you've very smartly picked the right venue, for we do indeed have everything you've described as necessary.

Despite the protests I had the bar on the original design obliterated, and used the valuable space for a workshop, for both modification to ships and equipment our personnel use. One of the several 'chop-shop' bays is occupied with a small personal project, feel free to peek, but I'll inform the engineers and the other relevant personnel of a new addition, we'll be moored with Norfolk and ready for you whenever you find it convenient to drop by.

In the meantime however, you wouldn't mind me asking exactly what you want rebuilt would you? You can call it idle curiousity, but these are details that could very well help us streamline the process with preparing potentially required equipment and assets, making the job quicker for you and more efficient for us.

Simply let me know when you wish to drop by, and do bring the schematics of whatever it is you want done with you. Until then, Operative Xei.

Agency 404

Transmission; Start
Identification: Operative Megan Xei

image feed available...

[Image: pjYnunP.png]

Yes, it has, Operative Reeves.

Although a certain, very much needed, update on my latest operations is required to the directorship, I still fall with the best interests of Liberty. Robinson will without a doubt, huff and puff, but that is her standard modus operandi.

It is good that the Revenant does have the necessary amenities for development. Seems I was lucky on my second pick. The project in question is the total re-haul of a series SS0 'Nyx'. The first delivery out of the IMG manufacturing lines to the Colonial Republic, back in 817 A.S. Thirty were issued. Only one survived. Like me in the end.

The ship in question have been suffering with several issues in the past five years, regarding power couplings, energy grids, core, it already has burned out a total of seven different engine sets and most of the outer hull armor is none of the original one. The cockpit has been redesigned to fit with my necessities and still is enduring development to fit in the latest technologies. Latest refit happened four weeks ago, and the engines of bretonian make are failing once again.

So, my.. personal advisor and chief engineer states, for the better part of the last three years, that a complete re-design, re-haul and rebuilt is needed. For that we will need blueprints of the original SS0 design, which I am on the process of acquiring, the know-how, facilitated by my advisor, materials, that are easily contracted with smuggling contacts, and well.. a locale with all the amenities needed. And that is where the Revenant comes in.

Although I do know nothing is for free, Mr. Reeves, I am certain we can reach a compromise. As such, this personal project can be part of the LOKI operations list, accessible to the directors only, to insure a modicum of security to yourself about the legitimacy of the whole project.

Waiting for your reply.

Agency 404

Transmission; Start

image feed available...

You are in luck once again, Operative Xei.

Though only to the extent of my personal use, I have a Nyx in my possession. Something that will make understanding your older variant much less complex than it might be initially, it'll also prove extra useful for spare parts, since I'm no longer fond of the ship anymore. We'll tear it apart for use in your project as and when required.

If you would be open to it, perhaps we could fix some of the problems with the base design? Unless of course you feel some sentiment attached to the original frame, in which case we'll be purely traditional. I do however see great potential to test a blend of Libertonian, IMG and Crayterian methods and materials. Something that'll be more than capable of competing with the locals and any other trouble-makers. I'll leave this suggestion up to your discretion however, since I'm merely a facilitator of a project which you have brought to me.

Greed, though uncharacteristic of an operative who rather frequently dabbles in the grey, is not one of my motivators and neither is a lust for power. I'm beginning to sound like a parrot, but I live and breathe for the wellbeing of our people, something I'll use any means necessary to ensure.

However, as I'm certain you understand, that isn't an easy task. Especially with how numerous our opposition is. Any specialized defensive equipment you can find is something I'll be very glad to accept as payment, preferably for use on the Revenant itself or in the hands of its strike-team.

Preparations are underway as we speak and will be finished when you choose to initiate this operation. Do take care until then, Operative Xei.

Agency 404

Transmission; Start

image feed available...

Good evening, Operative Reeves.

You could say I am attached to the ship, yes. That would seem proper, as we both endured hell and back together. As for your offer of gutting the Nyx you have in your possession, that is something I cannot reply, since I have little to no knowledge of how the inner workings of space faring vessels. I leave that to my advisor and engineer. He is more prepared to answer any questions regarding that than I will ever be.

Which brings me to the next point. My advisor is someone ill-willed by Liberty, since he is affiliated with the Commonwealth and the Hellfire Legion. For this to actually go forward, I would have to guarantee his safety inside the Revenant and, of course, no knowledge whatsoever of this collaboration transpiring to both Liberty and the Commonwealth forces. His name is Meallan Nelson Reidman Dagon, Lead of the Hellfire R&D.

As you can very well figure it out by now, his knowledge in the hands of Liberty would be quite the catch, but it is something he abhors, for the Legion allows him to work in his own pace and with almost unlimited funding, and sometimes, very little questions asked. And of course, if the Legion ever got wind of his participation in a project with a classified force of the Liberty Government.. We know what would be the Legion's response to that.

In order not to overstep my boundaries in this, I will be requesting a meeting with Robinson for her to evaluate this project, and if the outcome is good, I will contact a previous known smuggler to transport the vessel to the Revenant's location so we can kick this off. Later on, materials and specific dead drops can be arranged with the same person. I am certain that dealing with just the one will be more safe than with several organizations or persons of interest. Less noise attracts less attention. And that is what the Revenant can excel at.

On a more objective note, if all goes well, I am certain that Mr. Dagon would not be too coy to take a look at the Revenant's systems and help in its improvement. After all, it would be a waste not to ask the one person that designed and developed most of the Hellfire Legions technology for some pointers, am I correct?

Waiting for your reply.

Agency 404

Transmission; Start

image feed available...

I have to admit, I wasn't expecting that.

It's almost a certainty that you tried to picture my reaction in several different ways, ranging from multiple forms of hostility and perhaps to methodical malice. I do willingly accept Mister Dagon's presence on the ship, my team onboard will do their best to ensure both his own safety and that his presence there doesn't become common knowledge. However, I do want one thing in return since I've been so open minded and consenting to this.

I want him to lobby as hard as he can for peace, further pushing the Legion to coordinate with me on the subject of perhaps finally putting an end to what is rather honestly, a 'redundant' war between two organizations with similar goals. There's always a compromise beyond sheer and total violence, save for those cases where people have lost their minds on Cardamine of course.

The engineers and other pertinent personnel will aid Mister Dagon in his task, almost as if he were me. That I can swear to you, there is no prejudice on-board this vessel and I can ensure it. I'd also be more than glad to accept his technological pointers on top of the above request, as both remunerations go a long way in securing our people.

To summarize, I'm letting a fugitive aboard the ship with absolutely no bickering or complaining and all I want in return is his best efforts to bring us closer to peace and perhaps a few adjustments to our ship, purely to perform better on defensive assignments. That does leave the question. How is he going to get to us? Would you like me to scramble the strike team to covertly pick him up from a neutral mid-point, or will you facilitate the transportation?

Your Nyx's hangar awaits. Please inform me about any information relevant to what I've stated herein.

Agency 404

Transmission; Start

image feed available...

Good day, Operative Reeves.

After some.. conversations with Mr. Dagon, I managed to gather his personal vow on what you insisted. So, your conditions are met, and our little project is green lit. My assets are ready, and I will leave it in yours and Mr. Dagon's capable hands. He has access to private funding and some of my contacts list in order to expedite this. As for the original blueprints, I am still procuring a way to obtain them. Not the easiest of tasks. Many of the Colonial data-banks and intelligence were purged or destroyed by the Colonials themselves as they left Tau-44 in the wake of the Gaul invasion. I do have however a hard-copy of those blueprints stashed away, unfortunately, in one of their oldest war-machines. Which I still have to gain full access to, but I have confidence that it will not be for long. Leaving us finally primed for this total revamp of the ship.

So, all I need now is the location of the Revenant, encrypted comm link numbers, and your final say, to forward this to Mr. Dagon.

Waiting for your reply.

Agency 404

Transmission; Start

image feed available...

Hello again operative Xei,

Preparations have been made and you have my word that Mister Dagon will be more than safe, you might not know me very well but my word is iron.

You've been transferred a unique access code that can be broadcasted when in vicinity of the Revenant to grant you docking access. As an additional safety measure this ship will not be making any combat deployments until your project is completed.

Mister Dagon will have a detail of two Marshals with him at all times and we've made arrangements for his accommodation aboard the ship, the guards are both for his safety as well as for the integrity of the ship, purely to keep the crew reassured.

I'm looking forward to meeting him in person.

[Image: AdvDpSR.png]
[Image: QQWKvSj.png]
Name: Meallan Dagon
Subject: Nemesis

Operative Reeves,

The Legion is not forgiving, or forgetful. So if we all could simmer this down to a tall tale without proof or backing, it would be grand, and I would be a happy man. Managed to get a long research warrant from the Commonwealth, but I got to take a dame for dinner for that favor. I'll be at your location tomorrow, no worries. Meanwhile, I'll get one of.. Xei's contacts to transport the SS-0 to a dead drop point, where your Dreadnought can pick it up. Got to take a long peek at your workshop to see if anything else will be needed. And yeah, already named the tin can to be.

Until then,
Dagon.

Agency 404

Transmission; Start

image feed available...

[Image: 237b3e86f2579a3ab3dc2a9db9dd4939.jpg]

Mister Dagon, a pleasure to finally meet you, virtually at least.

I almost feel bad for Operative Xei, it's as if you nearly forgot her name for a second there, which might prove irking especially for an old friend since you two seem like you have history. Humour aside, I've arranged some comfortable accommodations for you aboard the ship, hopefully sufficient and to your liking. You'll have to forgive me for the two fully kitted guards that will follow you around while on the ship, but believe me when I say it's both for your safety and for ours. You can imagine what people might think or try to do if they found out a man of your 'colours', let's put it, were on the ship.

We are waiting and ready. Project Nemesis is now officially a go.

Pages: 1 2