Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: the man, the lyth, the legend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I do think people telling each other what they can and can't RP, what they can and can't do, is lame. We're tailoring what we do around the expectations of others. There's no risk, and thus, fun, in that. That statement has nothing to do with Furries - I remember when we had 5 iterations of what Zoners are at the same time, multiple Hessian interpretations, all sorts.

To be clear: I also think the furry ban sucks, and I've never made a furry disco character. You can argue that I'm biased on the subject, but it's more people controlling the creativity of others to fit with their own head-cannons. Stop. Just because you built a sandcastle in a bucket doesn't mean somebody else can't make one with a spade.

People constantly saying AFC or Auxesia or commune shouldn't exist, or that this or that RP shouldn't exist, or that AI shouldn't exist, or that this version of Outcasts or Zoners or Hessians or Corsairs is an illegitimate, low effort version, or of blood dragons, or that people shouldn't use Anime profile images, are all symptomatic of people scoffing at what they personally can't access. Yes, there's things to dislike about all of the above, but they create diversity. Keep the legitimacy wars InRp and not in your skype chat.

And for the love of god enough with the Meme Wars that suck all the life out of everyone.

Oh, the newest thing is for people to meme on Oracles. Stop it.

To be clear, I am not a member of any of the above. I just think your disputes are petty.

Tl;DR - If it doesn't break the ID rules, it shouldn't be against the server rules.
Sad to see this happening but I cannot disagree with Lyth. Anyway, goodbye.
(03-21-2017, 01:42 PM)Tanith Wrote: [ -> ]I do think people telling each other what they can and can't RP, what they can and can't do, is lame. We're tailoring what we do around the expectations of others. There's no risk, and thus, fun, in that. That statement has nothing to do with Furries - I remember when we had 5 iterations of what Zoners are at the same time, multiple Hessian interpretations, all sorts.

To be clear: I also think the furry ban sucks, and I've never made a furry disco character. You can argue that I'm biased on the subject, but it's more people controlling the creativity of others to fit with their own head-cannons. Stop. Just because you built a sandcastle in a bucket doesn't mean somebody else can't make one with a spade.

People constantly saying AFC or Auxesia or commune shouldn't exist, or that this or that RP shouldn't exist, or that AI shouldn't exist, or that this version of Outcasts or Zoners or Hessians or Corsairs is an illegitimate, low effort version, or of blood dragons, or that people shouldn't use Anime profile images, are all symptomatic of people scoffing at what they personally can't access. Yes, there's things to dislike about all of the above, but they create diversity. Keep the legitimacy wars InRp and not in your skype chat.

And for the love of god enough with the Meme Wars that suck all the life out of everyone.

Oh, the newest thing is for people to meme on Oracles. Stop it.

To be clear, I am not a member of any of the above. I just think your disputes are petty.

Tl;DR - If it doesn't break the ID rules, it shouldn't be against the server rules.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Pages: 1 2 3