Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Kadego Sudrossa (The.Shovel)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Incoming Transmission

[Image: wEnBec6.jpg]

To: Cpt Kadego Sudarossa.
Subject: Spies and Saboteurs.

Greetings, Captain.

We will not mince words or squander time. You presently hold the honour of being the Union’s highest profile - and this term loosely, for the resource-pool is unfavourable - Maltese contact, who has no explicit or implicit loyalty to the Maltese government. According to the information you yourself have wired, and no small amount of research into your prior activities, you occupy the surprising position of remaining independent of Malta, without attracting the animosity of Malta - and with a destroyer, no less. Remarkable. Were you a Unioner, your ingenuity would bring you profit.

However, it remains fortuitous for us both that you are not. The Union is in need of an independent contractor of your particular harmony of affiliations to fill out a number of pressing assignments - and since you are, presently, the only candidate worthy of even the slightest consideration, it is unlikely that the manifest will thin in your absence.

What we see as a strategic holocaust, stands to earn you a considerable amount of assets, Captain. However, since you are something of a diplomatic neophyte I will begin cautiously, and begin with the first, least pressing, proposal:

contract details Wrote:The Union is in need of a Maltese-born independent citizen, to imitate the role of a grey market slave catcher, marketing his haul to wealthy clients on independent trade hubs throughout the Taus,, Sigmas, and Independent Worlds, in systems the Union would have difficulty accessing discreetly. The “slaves” that we will be providing you with, are nothing less than Unioner GEIST observers, who will spy on Maltese trade traffic heading towards Rheinland, and inform us of any attempts to break cardamine to the Rhenish market by logging manifests of any Outcast-affliated shipping that docks with said outposts. This cannot be executed convincingly by the Union itself, and the task remains far too sensitive to be left to the loose lips of or Junker allies. We consider the risk of discovery, or, indeed, interception, to be low, nevertheless, all chosen stations are in systems Outcasts, or their subordinates, are known to frequent. If Maltese question you as to why you have Unioner pilots in your cargo, you are to answer with a half-truth; they are captives, recovered in Frankfurt, bound for the Slave markets. We believe this alibi will cover you.

Remember, the delivery of the agents is secondary to the need to preserve their cover (and thus, lives). If you have any reason to suspect the Maltese are on to you, we advise you to return the agents, posthaste, to the closest Unioner installation, and you will not be held accountable for the failure of the mission. Survival, after all, is half the fight. Capable intelligence operatives on this side of the law are few and far between - their loss, will be your loss. Do you understand?

You are to deliver at least one Unioner pilot, with posted evidence of their offload at each station’s commodity dealer, at the following locations:

Freeport 10, Tau 37.

Barrier Gate Station, Coronado.

Newport Station, Sigma 13.

Freeport 15, Alberta.

Luxury Liner Hawaii, Sigma 19.

Once this is done, you will receive your reward. Pilots are to be supplied by UN| representatives at pre-arranged rendezvous.

Due to the present nature of the Hessian war, we cannot justify currency when said financials could fund the construction of a brace of fighter craft or keep a family nourished. Nor do we estimate a man such as yourself would stoop to deliberate mercenary work. We will not encourage you to sell yourself for our cause, rather, we will offer a service, for a service.

If you complete this task for us, Captain Kadego, our engineers will refractor the engines of The.Shovel to be entirely compatible with the same Sleipnir class full bypass Thorium MOX-pellet based thermal rockets designed for the Union's next generation attack cruiser. Moreover, our engineers will actively assist you in the fitting, servicing, and reengineering of the Shovel’s engineering compartment to accommodate the retrofitted drives. We hear Vulkan has taken quite the interest in your vessel.

This is, of course, entirely contingent on your interest. If you wish to reject the proposal, we will understand.

Regards,
Der Alster Union.
Transmission Ended
[Image: 3qM8KWX.gif]Switching Frequency.

[Image: 3qM8KWX.gif]Switching Frequency.

:::Automated Response System:::

The recipient has been notified of this message, but cannot respond right now.

[Image: com_kadego.jpg]
Cpt. Kadego Sudrossa
╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
SECURE CHANNEL TRANSMISSION
AUDIO FEED: [AVAILABLE] VIDEO FEED: [OFFLINE] MESSAGING: [ENABLED]

To: The Alster Union
Subject: [Job Proposal]
Priority: █ █ █ █ ▒
Encryption: [VERY HIGH]

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Planet Curacao, Cortez
SENDER├─────── RELAY ONLINE ───────┤RECIPIENT

Moin, moin!

It has been some time since I received your transmission and as you could have guessed - I did in fact forget all about it. Why? Because of problems...and reasons... lots and lots of them. Imagine a seemingly endless queue of problems. Almost as endless as the supply of Xenos across the multiverses. And then they breed... so we add more endless zeroes to that population number. You get the picture.

As vague as the above may sound, there is one particular type of problem that every freelancer hates the most. The unexpected, persisting, extremely expensive kind! And the fact, that this job offer here explicitly states the apparent lack of any monetary "ka-ching" factor, didn't help its case to keep it on my mind for long.

Now, I have dealt with the most pressing issues on my list. And I did consider your proposition, carefully. You want to place eyes and ears on some of the hotspots for cardamine business, so you can track its way into Rheinland and possibly control the market there. My job would be to safely deliver those pairs of eyes and ears to each hotspot, preferably incognito and in the case of success, I would get an engine conversion up to Rheinland standards.

So here is where we're currently at: you have proposed a deal, I let it simmer down in the back of my mind, then I looked at it again... Tzk, it still doesn't feel right. It may look good, it even tastes good initially, but then, as you consume the idea of it all, you don't get sated by it... you feel an emptiness inside that leaves you craving for more. You get what I'm saying?

So I have decided to make you a counteroffer - if I do this assignment, I get free treatment on your shipyard for all my ships. We are talking the full "À la carte". The whole 9 yards. Die volle Ladung... you get the point. I will cover the bills for any consumables. You cover the work hours and manpower. Last but not least, I want to tap into some of the intel that you may gather from your operations. How much of it? Entirely up to your discretion. Strategic data or private inter-faction love affairs do not concern me. But if you happen to hear something about those Cultists... the Nomads... or MY name cropping up on some bounty board - I'd like to know all about it.

As for the engines - I cannot take you up on that offer. Swapping over from an H-Fuel system to a MOX-based one would anchor me to flying exclusively around Bretonia and Rheinland... low availability for this fuel and lack of maintenance expertise across other regions is "a thing". Its all about flexibility on the "freelance" side of things.

A short disclaimer to round this all up is now due. Whether you accept my terms of employment or not, this conversation stays in the realm of "never happened". Nothing goes out on my end and nothing on yours. Needless to say, both parties here have something to lose if any of this comes out. I am well aware of a connection between your organization and the "corsarios". I am sure we can all agree, it is best if they do not know anything about a maltese destroyer, flown by any freelancer, ex outcast or pink unicorn in any part of Sirius. The same as the maltese don't need to know about any spies, ghosts or other mythical creatures with eyes and ears around the "orange trade routes". None of this would work in our favor.

That would be all and I thank you for your time.

Regards,
Kadego
Incoming Transmission

[Image: wEnBec6.jpg]

To: Cpt Kadego Sudarossa.
Subject: Spies and Saboteurs.

Deal. Let our Arbeiters know when you can make the pickup.

Regards,
Der Alster Union.
[color=#006400]
Transmission Ended
[Image: com_kadego.jpg]
Cpt. Kadego Sudrossa
╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
SECURE CHANNEL TRANSMISSION
AUDIO FEED: [AVAILABLE] VIDEO FEED: [OFFLINE] MESSAGING: [ENABLED]

To: The Alster Union
Subject: [Job Proposal]
Priority: █ █ █ █ ▒
Encryption: [VERY HIGH]

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Planet Curacao, Cortez
SENDER├─────── RELAY ONLINE ───────┤RECIPIENT

Gruess Gott!

The time has finally come for us to meet, prep work on my ship is done and I am departing for Bering as we speak. I have a couple of stops on the way and some zig-zags to fly here and there... keeping a low profile, keeping it real. I am expecting to arrive at Freeport 2 around noon tomorrow, give or take a few hours.

A little detail that we left out last time we talked - my ship can only take up to a maximum of 20 of your ghosts aboard. Make sure you provide them with consumables, as my personal food, water and oxygen supplies will be entirely separate. They will occupy the lower deck of "The Shovel", which has ample space and quick access to the 14 main escape pods, should the need arise. Quick note - no weapons, side arms, shanks or deadly biohazards (including dirty socks) on my ship! And one last thing... the captain's quarters, main deck and flight control rooms are strictly off limits. You understand.

Remember, fellas... a man is only worth so much as his own word. I now give you mine and I will see this mission through, down to the last detail.

Sudrossa out.