Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Gaian and the Cop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
He chuckled ''An oppertunity to learn and take a lovely lady out for a drink of course. No harm in two people getting to know one another is there? especially not here.''
She smiled, sipping her water.

- No harm done. - she said, taking another sip to finish her water. She then ordered some gin. - So, now that we're getting to know each other. I believe you know a bit about myself by now. How about you return the favour?
''Oh I'm not all that interesting, but if you want. Ask away''
- Why the police? - she asked, then thanked the bartender as he delivered her drink.
''I was a Doctor, I was on leeds, one day shrapnel gave me this..'' He held up his hand, which had a noticable tremble to it ''Can't be a surgeon with shaky hands. So, I said 'fuck it' got my brother to talk to a few people and joined the police, watch over the traders while the war is on, do my bit...so to speak''.
- I hope you don't mind the question, but... How is it to fly with a shaky hand like this? It doesn't seem too comfortable for combat flights.
''A lot of medication and decent target assistance software. I can't take the meds if i'm going to prefor surgery, but i can if i fly. I'm not sure how or why that is, just seems to be. As for comfortable...you get used to it''
- Have you thought of an exoskeleton? I believe it could prove to be a better solution than pills. Perhaps, with enough practice, you could perform less advanced surgeries again?
''I have considered it, but the tremble isn't a result of any lingering physical damage, its psycological'' he said tapping his temple ''Bit hard remembering what happened to the others that day, the fact that they should die and i should be left with a minor tremle seems...unfair, at the very least.'' He polished of his whiskey in a few gulps. ''Yeah, not my favorite topic'' he sighed.
- I see. - she sipped her drink. - Tell me, John... Which planet are you from? - she asked after a brief pause, changing the subject.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9