Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Mason & Spencer to the PanGalactic Travel Company
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Incoming transmission: Zak Mason, co-founder and CEO, Mason & Spencer (Est. 816 A.S.)

To the president and board of the PanGalactic Travel Company:

first off, let me introduce myself. My name's Mason - Zak Mason, the Bounty Hunter - co-founder of Mason & Spencer. You might already have heard of us? We were founded only very recently, but our track record can only be considered fairly impressive already (see, for example, contracts such as the Carla Jones recovery and Lokami's impressive Omicron Gamma hunt). Allow me to give you a short run-down of the nature of our company.

Mason & Spencer is a privately-owned and -held corporation consisting exclusively of active Bounty Hunters (and, of course, our office staff, clerks, and mechanics). All our pilots have membership in the Sirius-wide Bounty Hunters Guild - we pay our tithes and contributions. However, it's no accident that we're not hunting as Guild regulars - I and my co-founder, Jay Spencer, distance ourselves from the Guild in nearly all public matters. Frankly, we're very much displeased with the Guild's recent trend - the degree of competence displayed by many of its members wouldn't do wonders for our business. We don't intend to be tarred with the same brush - we're capable of actual accomplishment, something Mason & Spencer's been setting out to prove.

We were founded very recently - hardly more than two weeks ago - and we're an extremely compact company; our current roster holds only four pilots. We're literally compact, as well - due to my and Mr. Spencer's views regarding capital ships of any kind (namely, that they're spaceborne bricks, impossible to miss, and completely useless in nearly any combat situation), none of our members ever pilot anything larger than a bomber. That's it. In my specific case, I stick strictly to fighters.

At any rate, our fairly dramatic successes immediately after Mason & Spencer was actually founded have left us very well solvent - we actually find ourselves holding the resources to begin looking about for a permanent headquarters at this point in time. As I mentioned above, Mason & Spencer is displeased with the Bounty Hunters Guild's membership and reputation - due to that, we're not all that enthusiastic about setting up long-term shop on any of the established Bounty Hunter bases. Many of them would be unsuited to our needs, anyway.

Sorry, I tend to ramble. Anyway, to the point. We've been scouring the real estate market for an adequate place to call home for the foreseeable future, and we believe that Edinburgh's Luxury Liner, the Shetland, would be perfect for our needs. You remember my mentioning that we don't and will never own any capital ships, so finding mooring for suchlike becomes a moot point. Basically, we'd like to invest in the Shetland, and that quite substantially - look around for some of our completed contracts, we have the funds.

In return for our investment (of negotiable size - please respond with a rough approximation of the amount you'd see fit to ask for), we'd intend to convert two decks of the Shetland to correspond to our needs. Docking for our fighters and bombers already exists - we'd need to move some replacement weaponry and supplies in, and we'd need housing for our retinue. We'd also ask for permission to convert one of the Shetland's docking bays to suit our needs for ship repairs. We'd be discreet, of course - two decks oughtn't to hinder business very much, and we have the funds to hire quick and efficient workers - we won't intrude on your passengers or staff at all. Mason & Spencer would agree to provide security for the Shetland and its immediate surroundings at no charge - no permanent installations, no Weapons Platforms or the like (as that might interfere with your business after all), but patrol routes could easily be arranged. Gaian eco-terrorists and the like could be countered.

Oh, right, and we'd need catering.

To the president of PanGalactic - do consider our proposal. Respond in your time - we've got our capabilities to back us up, as well. We don't think it's presumptuous to consider ourselves the most competent Hunters out there - it'd be mutually profitable for us to work together. Thanks for your time. Mason out.

Transmission Ended
INCOMING TRANSMISSION
TO: Zak Mason
LOCATION: PanGalactic Liner "Far Horizons", Planet Kyushu, Kyushu System

First of all, greetings to you. Name's Dave Sanders, owner and founder of PanGalactic Travel and captain of our flagship Far Horizons.

I'll get right to the point, Mr Mason. The trouble with giving you two decks of the Shetland is that PanGal doesn't actually own it. We're an Orbital Spa affiliate, but we're not Orbital Spa itself, so we can't make huge decisions about Orbital Spa's Luxury Liners without consulting them first.

Don't think all is lost, however. I happen to own quite a few shares in Orbital Spa, and PanGal has quite a bit of clout, being Orbital Spa's biggest affiliate. Come to the Far Horizons at Kyushu and we can talk in person. By the time you get here I should have spoken with some of the higher-ups over at Orbital Spa, and we should be able to broker a deal.

Looking forward to shaking your hand, Mr Mason.

END TRANSMISSION
Off Planet Kyushu, Kyushu system, Kusari, aboard the Luxury Liner Far Horizons

"Mr. Sanders? Pleasure to meet you, sir! Zak Mason, at your service."

Zak grinned and shook Mr. Sanders' proffered hand warmly as he cast an appraising eye about the Far Horizons' plush decor - quite the contrast to the crass functionality favorite within the Bounty Hunters Guild's official abodes or even within the various temporary residences he'd occupied since Mason & Spencer was first founded. No, it wasn't all bad, swimming in credits.

Though outwardly smiling, Zak groaned inwardly - quite apart from the uncomfortable, wearying trip out to Kusari space, the Kusari government had never been overly welcoming to Bounty Hunters, and he'd had a hell of a time securing a valid visa. Zak flashed a grin.

"Bureaucracy, eh? The very bane of my existence. Lead on, sir - preferably to the bar."
"I know what you mean," Dave laughed. "Welcome aboard. This is the first-class cabin. It's just been cleaned, so thank your lucky stars you got here when you did, or we'd be sitting in coach right now." He motioned to a seat, and swivelled the seat in front of it around to face it. "Please, make yourself at home. Our flight attendants are all on planet leave, I'm afraid... oh, except Tomoko. If you need anything to drink, the mini-bars have both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Free for potential business partners." He sat in the seat he had just swivelled around.