Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Tau-31, Holman Outpost and IMG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1) My son and I have Imperial cruisers and the moment we left Holman Outpost we were shot by it. Our reputation is excellent with IMG and the ships itself appear green and remain friendly.

2) My Zoner and Freelancer are neutral with IMG but were shot at by the station AND the ships. Weird thing: near the jump gate to Tau-29 my Zoner encountered IMG NPCs and they behaved normal. My Freelancer didn't encounter any on the trip to Tau-29.

3) My son was able to dock on Holman with both his EFL and GMS ships. Now he isn't. Could be a change in policy but in combination with the above....

4) My GRN bomber's reputation is excellent with IMG yet Holman itself appears neutral on my HUB.

We both looked for any news etc. regarding this "change" but we couldn't find anything. So we either missed it or is this a bug?

Can anybody explain what is going on, please? Thank you very much!
I just checked - Holman Outpost belongs to IMG Guard, which is a little different from the regular IMG.

There are 2 stations belonging to the Guard division of IMG, those are Java and Holman. I assume the reason is, they are partly occupied by the Gallic Royal Navy and are only neutral (or friendly) to the rest of the IMG faction (regular one).
I get the concept behind it.
However, yesterday a GMS (Gallic corp) player notified me that Java was also shooting him.

There is something wrong at the moment.
Likely some wrong values in the recycled ID's reps.
IMG Guard is the Gallic-occupied IMG faction. An IMG bribe should fix the Guard faction being hostile in most cases. Otherwise, the plan for the upcoming hotfix is this:

Hostile to IMG Guard = GRN stays neutral.
Hostile to GRN - IMG Guard goes hostile.
Java station shoots at GRN, dunno if thats as intended or not
(04-17-2017, 08:36 AM)eigos Wrote: [ -> ]I just checked - Holman Outpost belongs to IMG Guard, which is a little different from the regular IMG.
Thank you for your answer! It explains everything but we both wonder: as far as we know we never encountered IMG Guard before. A new faction? Must be.
Ok, now we have to figure out certain things first because I must admit that this is very inconvenient at the moment. We have to find a way to become friendly or at least neutral with IMG Guard first. OK, lets fly again.......
(04-17-2017, 09:22 AM)Xalrok Wrote: [ -> ]IMG Guard is the Gallic-occupied IMG faction. An IMG bribe should fix the Guard faction being hostile in most cases. Otherwise, the plan for the upcoming hotfix is this:

Hostile to IMG Guard = GRN stays neutral.
Hostile to GRN - IMG Guard goes hostile.

It still does not work really well.
Gallic factions then have to be auto-repped to green to this IMG-Guard bc at the moment, normal GMS miners report that they get shot at by Java bc of these empathy settings.

The concept makes sense.
It is however not working yet, and I think the error is that few factions are green with the old IMG-Guard

Furtehrmore, can we rename those?
Guard-rep is just the wrong term. It triggers all the wrong expectations, especially for old players.
(04-17-2017, 01:38 PM)Ruud Wrote: [ -> ]as far as we know we never encountered IMG Guard before. A new faction? Must be.

Not exactly, a few years ago almost every faction had a linked Guard faction, with the main purpose of controlling access to a restricted 'Guard' system. That purpose is largely gone now. This is essentially a reuse of the old guard faction, I suppose because it's linked to the actual IMG, allows IMG to dock in all cases, and can have different rep to normal IMG (which can be used to exclude people neutral to IMG that Gallia doesn't like). I'm not saying I agree/disagree with the exact implementation here as that's a tricky question given my combination of IMG membership and new dev status (though my dev work is nothing to do with this) Smile
(04-17-2017, 10:32 AM)SECShadow Wrote: [ -> ]Java station shoots at GRN, dunno if thats as intended or not

and THIS is the main issue.
It's somewhat bugged.
Brave IDF transports fighting against Java! Big Grin

[Image: 2IuDFTf.jpg]

[Image: TaF7MTW.jpg]
Pages: 1 2