Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Council of Elders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

:::[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]:::
:::[ESTABLISHING VIDEO FEED]:::
:::[VIDEO FEED: LIVE]:::

ID: Nova Hawken
Subject: Proposition
ENCRYPTION: INVINCIBLE

Hola amigos.

I am sure I need no introduction and you are well aware of who I am. Although I will notify you that I am the recently appointed Guildmistress of The Core. Now let's get straight to business.

I have been watching developments in the Omicrons. As you all know, the Zoners have been causing headaches for The Core once again. But I am greatly intrigued by an interaction the Zoners had with the Corsair Empire several months ago. The great Corsair Empire ceding space to the Zoners of all people? Am I to believe that if they could get away with it, I could perhaps ask the Corsairs for Omicron Xi? After all, much like Theta, Omicron Xi has a resource of alien artifacts that I'm sure the Corsair Empire is, or was at least, interested in. But you won’t have an issue giving that up, right?

Elders, you have been passed a great insult to you by these vermin, and they have taken territory from you right underneath your noses. How can you stand for such insolence? I know that we are both enemies, but I cannot help but feel sorry for you being degraded in such a way.

Therefore, I come to you with a proposal to help you reclaim your lost honour. The Core are tired of the Zoner filth that plagues the Omicrons. They do nothing but frustrate, steal, insult, and help our enemies. I am sure that you have experienced at least one of those things when dealing with them. It is time we end this idiocy. I am suggesting we talk and discuss an NAP of sorts when dealing with these miscreants, before we begin to work together in wiping them clean off our respective territories, making useful gains in the process.

-N. Hawken
Guildmistress, The Core

:::[CLOSING TRANSMISSION]:::

:::[RE-TRANSMITTING]:::

[Image: av-328661.png]
Sender: Corsair Council of Elders
Encryption: Mucho strong
Recipient: Nova Hawken
Topic: NAP
Planet Crete, Omicron Gamma

Saludos Nova Hawken,

Your informations regarding tiny frictions with some small group for which we still don't know if they are zoners or saboteurs, are correct.
Also, you should know that Corsairs and Zoners have arranged their relationship seven years ago, and that day on which we arranged that relationship, it's a holiday in the whole Empire.

However, senora Hawken, Empires inteligence service has, through it's informants, aquired a unusual audio recording.
Our analysts confirm that the recording is authentic, while the Council of Elders has it's doubts.
Therefor, in principle, we accept your suggestion regarding a NAP and belive that a face to face meeting is required for harmonization.

Senora Hawken, we are also interested in hearing if your analysts gathered the same audio recording.
Last but not least, we are informing you that Hector Beltran, Consul of the Brotherhood, will attend that meeting personally.

Respetuosamente,

Corsair Council of Elders

Transmission Terminated...

ID: Nova Hawken

Council of Elders,

A face to face meeting is quite peculiar. Regardless, I will grant you the privilege of being graced with my presence, as well as my bodyguards.

I would suggest a discreet location and time for us to conduct this. There are prying eyes everywhere, even in encrypted channels. I will reach you via more secure means.

-N. Hawken
Guildmistress, The Core

ID: "Epsilon"

Council of Elders,

My name is Epsilon. I am the head of Core Intelligence: Arcani.

We've done a sweep of the neutral net and collected some evidence. However, in a lot - and I do not mean this lightly - instances the Corsairs were present. Therefore, I believe that if you look at your own channels and those you are recipients of, there will be bountiful amounts of proof of the Zoners working with your enemies. Some of our pilots suspected that in some of these reports both you, your foes and our foes, were all coordinating with each other through means Core was not privy to.

Notably, in the combat engagements we can see the vessels of your foes assising the Zoners.

In regards to the NAP:

Nova Hawken Wrote:
Core-Corsair Non Aggression Pact 824 A.S 24/04

The Core and the Cosairs agree to a NAP between themselves when dealing with certain parties. This includes the following:
• Outcasts
• The Order
• Auxesia
• Red Hessians
• Coalition
• Nomads and Infested Forces
• Zoners

This does not, however, guarantee long-term peace between the two parties nor invalidate each other's respective laws of the Governmental bodies (Core as Omicronis, the Corsairs as the Corsair Empire) they represent. If either party is seen encroaching on each other's territory, they will be dealt with as appropriate.

The handling of contraband goods by either party is not permitted.

This NAP does not entail the transferral of supplies, resources or equipment between the two parties.

Are these terms appropriate for the Council of Elders?

-"Epsilon"
Arcani Chief of Operations, The Core

:::[RE-TRANSMITTING]:::

[Image: av-328661.png]
Sender: Corsair Council of Elders
Encryption: Mucho strong
Recipient: Nova Hawken
Topic: NAP

Saludos Nova Hawken,

Informations received and sent for thorough analysis. Results aren't really surprising, we were aware of the fact that Zoners collaborate with almost everyone in Sirius.
However, the evidence shown in your report indicates that Zoners are directly working with enemies of the Empire, and that alone calls for suspicions, vigilance and increased measures of precaution.

Regarding the treaty, it's the exact one as we agreed. Still, the paragraph regarding contraband, isn't exactly clear. Does that mean that Core will consider Corsair ships carrying Xeno Relics or Artefacts as hostile targets and act accordingly?
If that's not the case and that paragraph refers to all contraband except Xeno Relics and Artifacts, the Council of Elders ACCEPTS the NAP

Respetuosamente,

Corsair Council of Elders

Transmission Terminated...