Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Rheinland Government
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

:::[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]:::
:::[ESTABLISHING VIDEO FEED]:::
:::[VIDEO FEED: LIVE]:::

ID: Nova Hawken
Subject: Elysium
ENCRYPTION: INVINCIBLE

Greetings,

I am Nova Hawken, recently appointed Guildmistress of The Core. Since coming into leadership, one of my objectives is to re-establish diplomatic communications with our allies.

Concerning a particular dialogue with the Rheinland Government about a year ago, The Core expressed a desire to build a Border Station within Sigma-15, to help fortify Omicron Rho as well as our own presence in the Sigma region - so that we may be able to protect both Core and Rheinland interests. Our intention is not expansion into Rheinland space, but rather protect Rheinland from the threats of the Omicrons.

If I recall correctly, we came to an agreement on the construction of the Station, with the Rheinland Government agreeing that The Core would be able to enforce its laws within a limited area within the Sigma-15 system. I cannot recall what that area was, so if the Rheinland Government could either refresh my memory or reach a decision on that, it would be appreciated.

Once all this leftover paperwork is cleared, I intend to begin construction of the installation with the help of contracted AP Manufacturing and local (if they agree) Rheinland Corporations.

-N. Hawken
Guildmistress, The Core

:::[CLOSING TRANSMISSION]:::

=[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]=

[Image: Laura_Caspers.jpg]

PRIORITY: Medium
ENCRYPTION: High
IDENTIFICATION: Laura Caspers, Staatssekretärin of the Bundeskabinett Sekretariat
SOURCE: Bundeskanzleramt, Planet New Berlin
SUBJECT: Planned activities of The Core in Sigma-15 system

Guten Tag, Sehr geehrte Frau Hawken. My name is Laura Caspers and I am Staatssekretärin of the Bundeskabinett.

Congratulation to your new position, we wish you gut luck in effort to bring some rules and safety to that wild and dangerous corner of known space named Omicrons.

However, regarding the issues you mentioned, it seems there is either misunderstanding or missing information. I searched through archives about the negotiations between The Core and the Rheinland government and found Core´s request for permission to build a station near Omicron Rho jumphole, and there is also mentioned discussion with Admiral Hermann from Rheinland military. But I did not find anywhere that government approved it or even made any decision. And same applies to the request for permission to enforce Core´s laws in area of 15 kilometers around the jumphole.

If you have any communication records which prove otherwise, send me a copy, bitte, so the matter will be cleared out. If there is no such thing, then government would have to discuss both requests again and let Bundestag to vote about them. In that case it would be gut to send short summary with details which will for example state where would you like to build your station or what is your idea about how exactly would things work in the requested area where Core´s laws would be enforced, especially regarding authority of Rheinland law enforcement or attitude towards groups which are considered legal by the Rheinland laws but not by the laws of The Core, and vice versa.

Mit Freundlichen Grüßen,

Laura Caspers

=[TRANSMISSION TERMINATED]=

(//created by Laura C.)

Laura Caspers,

Hm, this is somewhat embarrassing then. It seems I was ill-informed. I think the best solution here would be to discuss this matter afresh in this channel.

Simply, The Core seeks to construct a Border Station of sorts either within or in orbit of the Norderny Planetoid. This will give us good coverage of the Omicron Rho hole, and prevent hostile parties both attempting to enter and attempting to leave. Furthermore, this will allow us to protect both our civilian traffic and that of Rheinland's.

In order to effectively secure this area, we would like to negotiate the enforcement of Core laws within a 15-kilometre radius of the Rho hole. We can discuss any special exceptions that would have to be made if issues arise, although given Omicron Rho is our territory and Rheinland respects that, I hope there will be no need for major adjustments.

That is more or less the gist of this request.

-N. Hawken
Guildmistress, The Core

IDENTIFICATION: Laura Caspers, Staatssekretärin of the Bundeskabinett Sekretariat
SUBJECT: Re: Planned activities of The Core in Sigma-15 system

Guten Tag, Sehr geehrte Frau Hawken.

Danke for the information, the matter will be submitted to members of Rheinland government during the next session.

However, there are still issues which needs to be clarified. Regarding the base - do you plan to construct there just a modular Powered Oxygenated Base, known as POB class, or you aim to build future self-sustainable station with Nuclear Propelling Core, in short NPC class station?

And regarding the zone where laws of The Core would be enforced, we would like to ask about certain issue. We took a preliminary look at them and found parts which seems like they state that The Core is allowed to enforce its laws in systems which are considered as territory of the Bundesrepublik Rheinland. To be precise, section 1.0, which includes Sigma-15 as "key territory of The Core" and thus imply it falls under jurisdiction of The Core. Same section also state that "all other Omicron, Omega and Sigma systems will be patrolled by The Core. Sections 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0 will take full effect however there will be no fines. Failure to submit to our demands will result in death without trial," what raises question if this includes Omega-7 and Omega-11 systems.

We will be waiting for your reply.

Mit Freundlichen Grüßen,

Laura Caspers

(//created by Laura C.)

Laura Caspers,

We plan to contruct a NPC installation.

The laws are currently greatly outdated. Recently a forceful update was applied to the neural net, some kind of L.0.C.K encryption, meaning users have to go via the neural net controllers for the pushed updates to appear properly. Because of this and the recent fluctuations in Core leadership, it's been somewhat difficult for us to keep our laws updated.

Please do not consider those laws as valid or up to date until further notice.

I will be constructing an offline copy of the laws for you to have a look at. Most likely, those will end up being the new revision. We can discuss this matter in the context of those. I will reply with it shortly.

-N. Hawken
Guildmistress, The Core

SUBJECT: Re: Planned activities of The Core in Sigma-15 system

Guten Tag, Sehr geehrte Frau Hawken.

I apologize for the delay, there were urgent matters which required attention of the Rheinland government.

Your requests were discussed by the government and submitted for voting to the Bundestag, but both were rejected by its members. Opinions which were stated there mainly claimed that according to Bundesrepublik´s claim, Sigma-15 is considered as Rheinland space in its entirety and thus creating any "enclave" around Omicron Rho jumphole is not in the interest of the Bundesrepublik Rheinland. Also, if The Core desires to improve security at this access point, it can create border station on its side of the hole in the Omicron Rho which is its territory. Alternatively, The Core is still free to apply for permission to construct POB class station in the desired area through respective registry what can be considered as compromise for both sides.

Mit Freundlichen Grüßen,

Laura Caspers

(//created by Laura C.)