Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hercule Poirot : The ''Dépositaire de Nevers''
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Le ''Dépositaire de Nevers''

Hercule Poirot was born on Planet Nevers, on the 794 A.S., from a poor family of unemployed Gallic Miners. His father, Manuel Poirot used to be an artillery gunner on the Battleship Oubli, fighting on the harsh and cold Leeds Battlefront. Once the Oubli got destroyed, he was eventually from an high-ranked GRN officer, because he got accused of Treason, Smuggling, and the destruction of the Oubli itself. Soon after that, his wife, Christine, died of breast cancer a few weeks later. Hercule realized that he had lost everything. Soon after that, he eventually proved to be strong enough to live on it's own, and to steal and sell a bunch of rotten junks on his local blackmarket.

Chapter 1.1

Hercule Poirot.

Sunday 14 November 809 A.S.,
Planet Nevers, Burgundy system.
9:09 AM

[Image: ttvmmQn.jpg]

It was a cold, rainy morning on the cold mountains of Planet Nevers. Or at least, it was really cold in his mother's poor flat. As he decided to grab his few moneys recived with his weekly subsidy from the desk, he eventually realized that he was out of food, again. That Synth Paste wasn't enough to keep him alive everyday, and he had to get some unpleasant, cold water from his old well. As he was fully immersed in his thoughts, he eventually got trough his ears an unusual noise. Knock knock. It was the door, apperently. As he decided to put on some rough and bruised pair of blue jeans and a random shirt, he got his hands on the rusty iron door. A tall dark-skinned man with several military effigies was standing right in front of him.

?: Poirot.

Hercule: No, Monsieur. Mr. Poirot used to be my father.

?: I know, youngster. My name is Arsène LaMont.

Hercule: Oui. And what is your business here, may I ask?

Arsène: I'm here to offer you a chance, to show everyone the worth within you.

Hercule: No, thanks. I don't want to hear any furniture discount. I'm out of money and-

Arsène: I'm not here for that, either. Hercule.

Hercule: Where did you found my name?

Arsène: Irrelevant. Now, let me finish my sentence, s'il vous plaît.

Hercule: Oui.

Arsène: I'm here to offer you a great opportunity, to become one within the GRN ranks.

(Hercule was stunned. He didn't heard that name from about, 5 years.)

Arsène: There's no need to be afraid. Here, let me show you what I have to offer, s'il vous plaît.

Hercule: (Sighs.) Oui, then.

Hercule welcomed the military officer in his house, closing the door behind him. A stink of rotten junks welcomed the officer, as he decided to take place on the (unreasonably) clean and white chair, next to the rotten wooden table. Hercule was out of food, besides a few croissant and a jar of coffee powder. The officer was constatntly looking at the shadow remains of a very rusty Lynx heavy fighter in his living room. Arsène was rather surprised by the sight of it.

Arsène: What is that, may I ask?

Hercule: It's supposed to be my father's old spare Lynx heavy fighter, and I was supposed to fly that thing.

Arsène: What happened to your father, may I ask?

Hercule: Dead. (As the word itself came out of his mouth, a small teardrop covered his right cheek.)

Arsène: I'm so sorry, Hercule.

Hercule was pouring some coffee in the officer's broken cup, and he took out the croissants out of the Plasma Oven, the most expensive item in his house, besides the heavy hardware of his Lynx. He gave the cup and the small croissant to the officer.

Arsène: Merci.

Hercule sat down on the other chair with an annoyed sigh.

Hercule: What do you have to offer, Monsieur?

Arsène: I came from Avallon for a reason, you see.

Hercule: Avallon! (That very word left Hercule's eyes wide open.)

Arsène: The Legendary Gallic Royale Navy station, yes. Frankly, there's nothing cool about it.

Hercule: I've heard that you GRN soldiers are working hard to craft thousands of fighters there!

Arsène: You see, there's something more within the station. We were the ones who created the Valor Class. Besides this, I'm here for a reason. I know a lot about you, Hercule. I know everything about you and your school grades.

That being said, Arsène gave a small bite to his croissant.

Hercule was not even eating. He was looking at the tough-looking face of the officer.

Arsène: You see, mon ami. I've used to know your father. We were great friends, actually.

Hercule: What have you done with him, may I ask?

Arsène: Let's just say we have worked together on the Oubli. I was the artillery gunner on one of the Primary Turrets. A deadly machine able to deliver immense amounts of damage within a few seconds. That was really fun, yes. Until the Oubli got blown to dust. Oh, by the way, I have something here for you. Your father wanted for you to have this when you were old enough. [/font]

Arsène standed up from his chair and took out of his white leather bag a small gun. It was one of those EK-337 class, the most powerful one-handed guns known in Gallia. Only GRN Officers and a very few powerful Oucast Smugglers could get their hands on those. Hercules was stunned and amazed by the sight of the powerful and bright deep-blue color coming out of the trigger. He quickly got closer to Arsène to check out what was that mighty-looking item in his hands.

Arsène: It's not as clumsy and random as those EE-22 guns. These are loyal, and trustworthy. It is the weapon of choice from the GRN officers, the real law-enforcers in Gallia. Over here, let's get outside.

Chapter 1.2

10:22 AM

The bright weather took over. The dark clouds got replaced by the bright sun of Burgundy. Tonnerre is a notable and wonerful sight that gives every single dweller of Nevers a sense of peace and a mood-boost.

Arsène: I want to be honest, you're such a good person, with an open heart.

He was right. Hercules always cared about the others.

Arsène got out of the door, right after Hercule.

Hercule: Leave it open, I don't want to break the window to get in again.

Arsène: Don't worry about it. May I see your Lynx? I'm really curious to see your project.

Hercule: I was about to ask it. Oui.

Hercule took out of his pocket a small device that allowed a side of his house to slowly open up the right side. That gate was closed and never opened up in ages. The rusty Lynx finally got to see the bright light of the day.

Arsène: It's beautiful. How did you found those guns, by the way? (He pointed his finger at the hardpoint with a rusty Grand-Culverin turrets installed into it.)

Hercule: My father left it like this. He always wanted to see me into that thing, but if I can't gather enough credits for a new engine, I'm afraid I'll never be able to fly it.

Arsène: Agreed. Anyway, I was trying to ask you something. (He approached Hercule, and looked him straight up into his confused eyes.)

Arsène: Would you like to explore the Sirius system por mon Roi?

Hercules: Of course. I always wanted to scout this magnificent galaxy.

Arsène gave out a small smirk.

Arsène: You're just like your father. He used to be one of our best scouts, they unfortunately had to trap him in the Oubli. Come with me, I'll show you a bright new future,

Hercules: Oui. Let me grab my stuff-

Arsène: You won't need it, mon ami. The Roi's officers will give you everything you need.

Hercule closed all the rusty doors and the large wall-door with the small device.

Arsène: Come with me.

Hercule looked at his old house for the last time, barely standing on it's own. A last sight at the small landing pad in the small island, soon-to-be forgotten by everyone. A last sight at Tonnerre. And then, he turned his eyes towards the binary sunrise, burning his tired and stressed eyes.

Chapter 1.3

The Avallon Station.

Sunday 14 November 809 A.S.,
Avallon Station, Burgundy system.
11:02 PM

Hercule was sitting in a real Cargo hold of a Lynx Heavy fighter. The ride itself wasn't fun at all, but the sight. The magnificent sight he had the chance to see over the Lynx's windows. He was able to see Never's capital, then. The Outer space. It was beautiful.

Thousands of stars brighting the atmosphere of Nevers. Planet Tonnerre with a lot of shades, of black and brown. The short ride lasted for 30 minutes, as Arsène had to fly all the way to the main Docking Ring planetary exit.

Arsène: The ride is over. Have you dressed up as requested?

Hercule had to put on his very first GRN uniform. It was kind of tight, but it was just glorious.

Arsène opened the cargo bay's door, and a confused Hercule came out of it. He was apperently in one of Avallon's wonerful docking bays. His boots were stomping a cold iron. He was definetly in a space station. Two guards and another high-ranked officer approached Arsène and Hercules.

?: Arsène, I see you have here the boy.

Arsène: Oui. I will explain everything later, let me bring him to le maréchal.

?: Oui. Guards, leave us.

The two guards walked away, and layed down the stun rods. A few minutes later, Hercules and Arsène approached the Marèchal's office. Arsène opened the door with a silly hand movement.

Arsène: Bonjur, Marèchal.

The Marèchal was standing in the very end of the dark room. A lot of guards were standing by, waiting for further orders, ready to serve the Roi in any possible way.

[Image: zi47tdB.jpg]

?: Oh, you have done well, Arsène. Merci.

Arsène: De rien, Marèchal.

?: Leave us. I have to talk with this individual.

Arsène: Oui, Marèchal.

Arsène got out of the room.

?: Give me a reason. I want to know why have I called that person to bring your Neverian ass here.

Hercule: I have no idea, sir.

?: I AM NOT A SIR! I WORK FOR A LIVING YOU IMBÈCIL!

Hercule: And then why did you called me? What do you want from me?

?: I'm done with you, you're just like the others. I'm on a good mood today, however. I'll give you one last chance. Tell me a notable thing you've done so far, and I'll spare you. Otherwise, I'll have your head chopped off for dinner.

Hercule: I've fixed a Lynx heavy fighter, by myself.

?: Hmm. Enough, I'll have a closer look at you in the Training Center. Guards, bring him there, in the hard way.

The guards were approaching Hercules. Their stun rods were ignited, threateningly floating in the air. They have landed a powerful blow on Hercule's chest, blacking him out.

Chapter 2

Planet Tonnerre.

Thursday 25 December 814 A.S.,
Outer space, Burgundy system.
11:02 PM

Hercule got his very first driving license, after a ridiculous amount of driving tests. He was just 20 years old at the time, yet he had to cram within his chem-fueled brain thousands of notions, in order to fly properly an Heavy Fighter. He actually spent 34 hours in a row to study the entire ''Mine'' section. Eventually, he was able to get trough his finals. The Military Officer Hercule Poirot got his first patrol, alone. He had 57 waypoints to make in less than an hour, quite a large amount for a fresh officer. As he decided to take a break at the 20th Waypoint, he decided to take a look at Tonnerre, by himself. Arsène was nothing but a mere memory. His brain got stuffed with a lot of industrial chems and drugs, like Stabiline, and more medicals in order to focus his min on the flight, and enhance his flight skills.

Tonnerre remined him, however, his old dream. To explore the Sirius System by himself, and his silly crew. He was just a kid at the time, but now, he was determined. Determined to follow his dream, once and for all.

As he was immersed in his thoughts, Avallon was calling him, via the comlink. He was really close to Tonnerre, 4k away from it. He eventually decied to shut down his ship's secondary systems, and by extention, his tracking device and his comlink device.

Tonnerre.

Just him and that wonderful creature.

The Lynx's background engine noise was irrelevant.

Hercule: Oh, well. Merry Christmas, Tonnerre.

Hercule took out a small Wine iron tank with the Royale cross symbol into it. He decied to drink a few sips, then the whole tank.

Gallia's resolve has never been stronger. The King will wipe out Sirius, and shall bring justice to the Sirians, once and for all.