Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Forlorn Hope
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
TRANSMISSION RECEIVED

Sender ID: Troy Augustin
Recipient ID: Forlorn Hope Internal Communications
Subject: Departure

[Image: KVBBE2L.png]

To the Forlorn Hope,

here's a quick notice.

It's time I move on. My brief stay among you was quite alright, but every good thing has an end, and all that stuff. I never intended to stay long.

You probably won't be able to contact me again and we probably won't meet again. But if we do, you won't know it is me and the circumstances could be completely different. Different enough that it might get you hurt, so don't look forward to it.

The vessels assigned to me are left in good condition in Glenn's hangar, the usual place, and I take nothing with me except what I earned through my own efforts alone, which might be more than half of all our income while I remained with you.

May you never run out of oxygen and baby pills.

Safe skies.

Troy Augustin

END OF TRANSMISSION
|▫|▫|▫|▫| Incoming Transmission |▫|▫|▫|▫|

ENCRYPTION LEVEL: HIGH

[Image: zomNBO5.png]

[[[ACCESS GRANTED]]]
FINALIZING IDENTIFICATION PROCESS ... PLEASE WAIT ...

• »»» Location: Glenndalough Orbital
  • »»» Sender ID: Elena Voigt
  • »»» Recipient ID: Troy Augustin
  • »»» Issue: Departure

Troy,

I'm not sure whether I should keep this answer business related or personal, so bear with me when I try to do both.
This message of yours has obviously been quite a surprise, both for me and everybody else. I for my part didn't see it coming, hence it was a huge shock.

In the name of all our members, I wanted to tell you that we all feel very sorry having to let you go that way. Not only have you been a great asset to our group, scoring more kills than all the others combined, but you have also proven to be a great individual, and I'm absolutely sure many of us, including myself, have called and still will call you a friend of theirs. You have enriched us all, in multiple ways.

I'm not aware what your plans might be now, but in case life stacks the deck against you and you need people who you can trust, I can reassure you there will always be a landing pat in Glenn's hangars for you.

Typing this, it doesn't feel like this is going to be the ultimate end. We will meet each other again, in different circumstances maybe - whatever that means -, and if it will hurt, so will it be.

On a personal note, I am especially sad to see you go. The way we parted wasn't the way I'd have like to see us part. But I still wanted to thank you for the advise you gave me. Even though you haven't been honest with me in the end, at least I will be now. Lies slowly tear your heart apart, you know.

Good luck, and may you be successful in what you strive for.

Yours sincerely,
Elena Voigt,
not only a Knight Captain, but also a friend

The Forlorn Hope

|▫|▫|▫|▫| Terminating Transmission |▫|▫|▫|▫|