Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Grandpa Benito || From: Bianca
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Planet Malta, Omicron Alpha System
3 May, 824 AS

[Image: tumblr_m7t1ls6tJv1r988i9.gif]

[img float=right]http://i.imgur.com/WrzdMNX.png?1[/img]Sender: Domina Bianca Pizzini-Contari, Nazione Maltese.
Recipient: Benito Contari.
Topic: How are you?

Hola,

sorry for not calling you for a few weeks, was really busy struggling for power. Also sorry for pushing you away from the power, I really wanted it and you used to make me a cool gifts, didn't you? Or is that matter? How do they say? What's done is done?

I've just receive a report with the list of property that can be 'nationilised' without an issue and so on. Don't worry, I won't forget my family and our business. Especially you, who did me for me than my parents back in the day. Anyway, how are you have been lately?

ATTACHMENTS:

<none>

Gloria della Nazione. Morte ai nemici.

Bianca Pizzini-Contari
Domina
Nazione Maltese

Transmission End
[Image: 557grfV.png]

Bianca, dear. *There is a genuine smile on his face that speaks volumes about his delight at receiving a message from his granddaughter.*

It is nice to hear of you. It's been indeed a while since we spoke. The entire business with the National Council, the Fedeltà and the departure of former Domina Loyola, God bless her soul, has made it quite difficult. *He opens his hands in front of him as if gesturing towards an invaluable work of art.* Look at you now, Bianca. I- *Words fail him for a moment before he shakes his head with a self-conscious smile.* You know, if you've seen the copy of the declaration towards the IMG, someone who doesn't know me like you do might get the idea that I'm actually good with words. Maybe more than a hundred years squabbling with the Maltese families for power does this to you, bringing you to the point where invoking righteous anger is easier than telling their granddaughter how proud I am of her.

The Nación needs someone like you, Bianca. Not me, an old man with little to no character, nothing for people to rally behind. I am old, and while I still have a while, I'm afraid that the constant game of politics has, well, hollowed me out to some degree. *He makes a small pause during which he looks at his wine-glass.* I remember the first time your parents wanted me to take care of you. I first didn't want to, saying that I had better things to do than watch a little girl do her homework, but it did show me something that I'd never really had: Purpose.

What are children, Bianca? They're our legacy in this world. They're what remains after we've moved on to meet God. Money, estates, wealth: You can't take that with you. At the time, I dearly hoped that you'd never need to enter this game of politics yourself. It changes people, Bianca. After a certain time, people start forgetting what they are even playing the game for.

*He laughs dryly for a moment. Any worry he might have about his granddaughter being caught up in the lines and webs of Maltese politics were for naught anyways, since there was nothing he could do to shield his darling from them.* Oh God, and here I said I'd never become that old grandpa that turns to telling stories. I know you'll do tremendous work as Domina, Bianca. The action against Silosio is merely to demonstrate a token victory to give the population something that they can attribute to you, and they will eat it up readily and afterwards, their hearts will be with you. You always had a shine in your eyes when you opened a present, but I fear that this won't work anymore. I have nothing that I could gift to you anymore, and it is well this way.