Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Elena Voigt|Forlorn // From : Jack Light
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

ENCRYPTION LEVEL: VERY HIGH

[Image: gwLyK5U.png]

:::ACCESS GRANTED:::
FINALIZING IDENTIFICATION PROCESS ... PLEASE WAIT ...

• »»» Location: Glendalough Orbital
  • »»» Sender ID: Elena Voigt
  • »»» Recipient ID: Jack Light

Hello again Mr. Light,

It came quite by surprise to see you around Liberty again today under your new callsign. I must admit at first glance I didn't realize it was you, however as soon as you mentioned your ex-membership in the Commune, it became obvious to me who I was actually talking to.

If you can bet on one thing, then that I've taken my usual handwritten notes during this -very delicate- conversation we had together with the person controlling the Sol Project vessel. I hope I didn't sadden you when I told her I wouldn't believe what you were talking about. Some cover never hurts.

But let's head back to the reason I'm comming you at the moment, which should be blatantly obvious as well. I'm not going to hide we as the Forlorn Hope have a special interest in relations with the Sol Project. The more we know about them, the better. And as far as I can judge, you seem to know quite a lot about them, at least from the perspective of a Commune member, which alone is already enough reason to worry.

You offered me some logs. I will gladly accept them, you can be reassured about that. Furthermore, I wonder whether you're up to for another meetup soon, the last one was far too short for me to actually enjoy.

Yours sincerely,
Elena Voigt,
Knight Captain

The Forlorn Hope

CLOSING TRANSMISSION
Quote:
[Image: VFOENuj.jpg]

Accessing channel
Source ID: Jack Light
Encryption: #CYN-581-DPL

Greetings

I've been aware of Sol| for some time and their willingness to do business with anyone, I'd even wager if nomads had credits they'd do business with the nomads too. Anyways I have a lot of recordings but let me give you a sample that should be more than enough to confirm what I say.

Quote:[03.05.2017 01:48:15] (C~Jack.Light.: *Sighs*
[03.05.2017 01:48:18] (C~Jack.Light.: Ah yes
[03.05.2017 01:48:52] (C~Jack.Light.: Would you object to one of our scientists boarding one of your vessles where this project is being organised
[03.05.2017 01:49:09] (C~Jack.Light.: We'd like to have a closer look at how you intend to achieve this goal
[03.05.2017 01:49:29] Sol|Hans.von.Goeben: If this scientist accepts our standard security procedure and this matter will be discussed with Professor Samson...why not.
[03.05.2017 01:49:30] (C~Jack.Light.: Seeing as it is going to be our money
[03.05.2017 01:50:17] (C~Jack.Light.: Well as long as he is able to report back to us on exactly how you achieve your goals
[03.05.2017 01:50:21] Sol|Hans.von.Goeben: By the way, the money one of your Outcast spent on the project was given freely, Sir.
[03.05.2017 01:50:31] (C~Jack.Light.: There shouldn't be a problem
[03.05.2017 01:50:55] (C~Jack.Light.: I was speaking in refrence to future funding
[03.05.2017 01:51:01] Adrian.Thrax: She has been quite silent today. I'd love to make her acquaintance as well, and learn about her thoughts.
[03.05.2017 01:51:07] Sol|Hans.von.Goeben: *nods* Good we are on the same page then about the funding.
[03.05.2017 01:51:27] Sol|Hans.von.Goeben: Oh, the Professor is rather exhausted from today's meeting.
[03.05.2017 01:51:37] Sol|Hans.von.Goeben: I must apologize her.
[03.05.2017 01:51:37] (C~Jack.Light.: We cannot simpily hand out a large sum of money and expect nothing in return
[03.05.2017 01:51:40] Adrian.Thrax: It sound slike Ms. Samson is very important to this project. *nods*
[03.05.2017 01:51:42] (C~Jack.Light.: You understand
[03.05.2017 01:51:44] Adrian.Thrax: I understand.
[03.05.2017 01:52:00] Sol|Hans.von.Goeben: Yes, this is only logical, Mister Light.
[03.05.2017 01:52:09] (C~Jack.Light.: The professor?
[03.05.2017 01:52:13] Sol|Hans.von.Goeben: And from my side, I accept the proposal and everything bound to it.

I've taken the liberty of pointing out where he says they've already accepted donations from the commune, the rest of the recording shows their willingness to do business with the commune to the point of having one of their researchers poke around their labs but I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the matter.

*** Upon reaching the end of the recording a program launches that causes the message to become corrupt, it then re-encrypts the message and then erases any trace of the message from the network ***

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

Dear Mr. Light,

Very well, thank you for the quick response to my request.

This excerpt does it indeed have its very interesting and delicate parts, revealing some things we didn't know about yet, more things than I actually expected. However, it might also raise more questions than it answers. May you give me some time to elaborate this statement.

First, during these logs you told Mr. von Goeben that you "cannot simply hand out a large sum of money and expect nothing in return". I'm well aware this conversation dates back to a point of time when you were about to leave the Commune, but I'm still wondering whether you know anything about what this "in return" could be. Keeping their goals you told me about in mind as well as the overall impression they made to me, I don't believe they just finance the Project for the noble "greater good of humanity".

Secondly, what you have sent me obviously hasn't only been a conversation under four eyes, as I read the name Adrian Thrax in your logs multiple times. I never heard this name before, however his presence during your talks and what was said implies that he has a certain interest in the Project as well, which in fact could signalize he's an important figure in Sol's diplomacy. Hence I'd like to know if you got any specifics about him, his goals, his influence in the Sol Project, of course only if you got these information covered.

After all, I don't doubt you know much, but you will certainly not know everything. Still worth asking, of course.

Have a nice day.

Yours sincerely,
Elena Voigt,
Knight Captain

The Forlorn Hope

CLOSING TRANSMISSION
Quote:

Accessing channel

As far as I'm aware the Sol has promised a return on any investment made in the form of a percentage of all profits gained from it's venture, since they won't actually have any money to spend after this venture I can only assume they wish to offer payment in the form of natural resources and habitable planets. In other words it's quiet possible that commune could establish a strong presence in the solar system our ancestors came from. Either way it's clear that they do promise a return on the investment and in my book if the commune gets extra cash for it's projects it's bad news for everyone.

The Sol| organization should be treated as a threat to humanity as long as they continue to do business with commune. If they say they no longer are in business with criminal enemies then demand that they prove such before entering into any further business with them.

As for myself, I may track down one or two of them and burn their ships, teach them some manners.... honestly Rose thought I was trying to extort her, can you imagine that, obviously she is very ill informed as to who exactly she is dealing with. I've got enough information to make my few millions and then some, I just need to find the right people to contact first. Speaking of which.... have you made any progress on that after our little talk down at the bar?

As for Mr.Thrax, I do not believe he is of much importance to the Commune or it's goals, he doesn't interact with them much, I do know however from previously scouring commune records that his father used to be a member... back in the days but he's died since then.

*** Upon reaching the end of the recording a program launches that causes the message to become corrupt, it then re-encrypts the message and then erases any trace of the message from the network ***

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

Hello again,

This turn of events is indeed quite concerning to say the least, the Commune is an organization that shouldn't be worked with, especially if your words hold truth in regards of their plans, enslaving humanity in the nomads' mind nodes. I'm not sure how proficient Sol's personnel is in concerning the diplomatic dance floor of Sirius, however I believe the sole reason they are willing to give Commune "something" is the fact that they don't know who they are dealing with.

Funnily enough, said Captain of the "Rose of Vale" had just spoken to me the other day, personally saying she'd feel disgust against the Commune. Whether this is true or not, it doesn't hinder them from cooperating with this faction it seems.

I don't see the Sol Project as a threat for humanity as of yet, as they are merely either misguided individuals or extremely greedy persons. Under both circumstances, they shouldn't be considered an enemy in my opinion as long as the cooperating between them and Commune don't push the plans of the latter too much further. Any way, I'd suggest we should do something about this alliance as well. It's a decision that should be made rather sooner than later, whether it would be wise to disturb their project, as it's still an undergoing that is supposed to be for the greater good of humanity.

Much progress has not yet been made sadly, however we're in the process of talking to an individual that might be interested in having a chat with you. Give us a little bit more time, and we'll surely be able to arrange a meeting between you and said person.

Coming back to Mr. Thrax, I'll take it that meant he has his rootes in the ranks of the Commune as well. However seeing him untagged and not with a Commune transponder makes me think. I'm in no way informed about the circumstances of his father's death, however whatever happened probably made Mr. Thrax become more distant to the Commune, maybe he even holds some form of grudges against them. Which again means a contact approach towards him could prove worthy.

Additionally, besides the meeting between you and our contact, I'd like to talk to you too again. This time, I'll be well prepared, as I've already managed to dig out some -very old- logs concerning information about Commune I'd like you to either confirm or deny.

Yours sincerely,
Elena Voigt,
Knight Captain

The Forlorn Hope

CLOSING TRANSMISSION
Quote:

Accessing channel

Until I see |Sol shooting nomads in front of a member of the commune and shooting members of the commune to defend others I think it's safe to assume they're working with them. Don't worry I'll be annoying and harassing them until they're ready to have an honest conversation and change their ways. Words from them are meaningless at this point actions are what's needed from them.

As for the logs, I will have a look and confirm them if they're true or not but I think another payment is due don't you think? I'll leave it to your good judgement to decide how much the information I've provided so far is worth, I certainly know you wouldn't undervalue it.

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

Hello again,

I for sure know you can be an annoying personality if you want to, so I have no doubts that you'll manage to harrass them in a good manner. I wouldn't count too much on them changing their ways, as they are in dire need of funding, and that's exactly what the Commune is offering them. We will see how things will evolve in the near future I suggest.

An adequate payment will be wired to your bank account very soon, don't worry. As for the meeting, I'd suggest the same location as last time.

Looking forward to seeing you again, Mr. Light.

Yours sincerely,
Elena Voigt,
Knight Captain

The Forlorn Hope

CLOSING TRANSMISSION
Pages: 1 2