Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Red || From: Forlorn Hope || Subject: Mapping job
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

ENCRYPTION LEVEL: HIGH

[Image: gwLyK5U.png]

:::ACCESS GRANTED:::
FINALIZING IDENTIFICATION PROCESS ... PLEASE WAIT ...

• »»» Location: :::Encrypted:::
  • »»» Sender ID: Elena Voigt
  • »»» Recipient ID: Operative Red

Hello Red,

I'm all glad to tell you that we were finally able to get to the job you gave us. Please excuse the slight delay, we were bound to some paperwork - which I'd have liked to circumvent honestly, but unfortunately this wasn't possible. However, today we were able to make an appropriate amount of time to scan one of the systems you wanted us to map. The others will soon follow, but for now, we only got more specific information of Kansas. For more details, please have a look at the report I've compiled over the last hours.

All in all, Kansas seems to be a very interesting system with a lot of facettes. Luckily, we weren't attacked during the mission. We as in my Scimitar vessel and for a certian amount of time our very own reconaissance vessel, the Athena. But see for yourself.

System Report: Kansas

:::Report details scrambled, massive data loss ahead:::

This concludes our first report. I do hope the information we could gather will help you. Additionally, if you find anything yet uncovered in this report, please say so that we can eradicate any issues you have for our next 4 future mapping operations.

On a personal note: I know you warned us, but this truly is some serious paperwork. Jesus Christ.

Also, I forewarned it would come. And I'm indeed still wondering what your real name is.

Yours sincerely,
Elena Voigt,
Knight Captain

The Forlorn Hope

CLOSING TRANSMISSION

ID: Operative Red

Kansas

I believe I asked you to not send this via neural net but to notify me once you are done with the job. Certain individuals are able to easily break your encryptions. Do me a favor and get a simple PDA and upload the data to it. Make sure the PDA uses only physical linking adapters. No infra-red or any other proton-based data transfer methods. Call me when you are done, tell me where you want me to meet with you and I will be there, Miss Voigt.

Apart from that, you did a good job. I would like to ask you to not spread your knowledge about what you found in the Tuttle Creek Nebula. You might already know it, but both the Military and other shady entities see danger in people that know too much, especially when they talk about it. If possible, do not try to activate the gate. Whatever is beyond those gates, it is not made to be seen with our human eyes. Especially not with your pretty ones.

By the time you are reading this, you will find the first 25.000.000 Credits on your personal account. Keep up the good work, Miss Voigt. When I see you next time on a station, I might whisper you some hints into your ear.

Red

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

Hello again,

Excuse the inconvenience, as you read this message, the report's details should have been scrambled appropriately without any hint of an idea what the walls of text could have been about.

Very well then, we'll use such a PDA to store the information we will gather. I promise we're going to finish the job as soon as possible - especially since the first payment already was of a -very- welcomed size I must say.

I'll make sure to contact you over this channel when we're done with the work. Otherwise, there's nothing left to say.

Yours sincerely,
Elena Voigt,
Knight Captain

The Forlorn Hope

CLOSING TRANSMISSION
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

Greetings again,

Good news: All the information you asked for have just been completely gathered. It will take us a few more hours to both transfer them from my onboard computer to the secure PDA and compile them in an appropriate format.

This won't take too long, hence I guess we will have already finished the processes when you reply. Name date and location of the next meeting and I'll make sure to be there to hand over the PDA to you.

Until next time.

Yours sincerely,
Elena Voigt,
Knight Captain

The Forlorn Hope

CLOSING TRANSMISSION

Meeting

Outstanding work, Miss Voigt. If possible, just idle around at Trenton around 04:21 pm today. You will see my Roc moving to Manhattan and then taking a turn. Once it is convenient for you, follow it.

Please don't take more electronical equipment with you than necessary when we arrive at the final location and leave our ships. In case of you using cybernetical implants or organs, you might want to send someone else for the debriefing.

Red

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

Hello again Red,

The job is done, the gathered information have been stored on a stick ready to be added to the database on the PDA. As always, name a location and a date, and we'll make sure to be there, although please choose a location where we don't have to bomb our way out again like last time.

However this time, please consider carefully if you have to mine a trade lane. Also, maybe you want to avoid the Captain of the LNS-Dawnbreak in the near future, I'm pretty sure he is still looking for a less pleasant talk with you.

Yours sincerely,
Elena Voigt,
Knight Captain

The Forlorn Hope

CLOSING TRANSMISSION

Meeting

Captain of the what? Doesn't matter, you can explain that to me later. Are you available in around two hours? Same procedure as last time. I leave it up to you if you bring Nick again. We could have used the crowbar at the wall to open the door. You know, the one that is there for emergency cases. Like the one we had.

Red