Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Conception
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

DELIVERANCE

When the gods, his fathers, beheld the fulfilment of his word,4-27

they did homage unto him, saying: "Marduk is King!" 4-28

They gave him an invincible weapon, which overwhelmeth the foe. 4-30

"Go, and cut off the life of Tiamat 4-31

and let the wind carry her blood into secret places." 4-32

~The Enûma Eliš (1600-1800 BC)
Fuck!!!” O’Hara curses in surprise as the fiery blue ship he was shooting suddenly races past him in what seems like an impossible change of direction.

How can anything turn so fast!?

"It looked like it bounced off the lights between the asteroids... the ones that trapped Zelman. She must’ve fallen off… I don’t see her anymore."

While the captain brings the Trailblazer around in an excruciatingly slow turn, Andrea triangulates the alien’s new heading.

"Now it’s… heading straight towards the gate that took us here!" A lump forms in Andrea’s throat.
"Do you think… do you think it’s able to use it?” Her facial expression turns into pure horror. "Oh god! It’ll lead it straight to Sirius and Liberty! What have we done?"

What...” O’Hara’s face loses all expression and turns pale. After a few seconds, it turns into an angry red grimace.

"There’s no chance in hell I’m letting it get there!" he yells as the Trailblazer takes up the chase again. "The chaingun’s targeting must be damaged! Sidd! Arm torpedo two and prepare to nuke that alien!"

Threat level Omega detected. Captain Tecumseh O’Hara’s order leaves the risk of alien threats apprehending the Trailblazer and using the gate to enter the Sirius. Command over-ride protocols enacted. Engines will be brought to overdrive and auto-destruct initiated. Rendering the jumpgate inoperable is of utmost priority.

The bridge lights turn red.
What? No! What are you…

I understand that this measure causes emotional distress to you, but I’m afraid my programming is clear when addressing this kind of situation.

We can still nuke that blue shit before it reaches the gate!

There is that possibility, indeed. But even if it is destroyed, there is a high chance you will not be able to destroy the gate or the other threats in this system afterwards. I would like to take the remaining time to express that it has been a pleasure working with you and Andrea.

O’Hara goes from one keyboard to another like a trapped animal, fruitlessly hammering command codes while the Trailblazer overtakes the nomad and races towards the gate on a collision course. Andrea sits silently huddled into her seat as the explosion atomizes her.

May he hold the Beginning and the Future, may they pay homage saying 7-107

He who forced his way through the midst of Tiamat without resting 7-108

Let his name be Nibiru, the Seizer of the Midst 7-109

For the stars of heaven he upheld the paths 7-110

He shepherded all the gods like sheep 7-111

He conquered Tiamat, he troubled and ended her life 7-112

In the future of mankind, when the days grow old 7-113

May this be heard without ceasing, may it hold sway forever 7 -114

The enemy Trailblazer is destroyed. We’re free to activate the remaining crystals in the Shrine. The Slomon K'Hara's expansion into spacetime reality is secured.

Where do we go from here?

Since the gate is damaged, we’re going no-where for a few centuries. Then an unstable jump hole will appear near the blue gas giant and lead us to Sirius.

A jump hole?

Like a gate, but naturally-occurring and random.

Tell me more about the future. What will I do?

Some of your future actions will happen in Kara’s past, some in her future, others in dimensional manifolds that your mind can’t understand yet. You'll learn to understand when you've organized the required thought streams stone by stone, block by block. You must learn to think using more than a pure cause-consequence logic the way humans do due to their mono-directional perception of "time". It's no coincident that Kara Zelman encounters an active hyper-gate. In about 750 years your nomads will scare a Freelancer called Edison Trent into activating the Daam K’Vosh hyper-gate network for you. The Trailblazer must use a working gate before bringing Kara to no-where.

So in the future I’ll activate the gates in the past. They must be trans-dimensional like us.

You’re beginning to understand things more easily. The gates' stones enclose entangled particles, which can be used to activate and de-activate their network in the present, past, or future.

And what will I do in the "past"?
After you've had the necessary thoughts and undertaken countless journeys through spacetime and other manifolds, you'll compel the Daam K'Vosh to surrender large parts of their technology to you, in what you know of as Valhalla 1. They leave the reality in which they gave you this gift, in return for their survival in other realities.

Sounds fair.

After you’ve acquired knowledge and resources in Sirius, you’ll travel to the charred remains of Earth to send the Slomon K’Hara through stone formations that harbor entangled particles for millennia. You’ll send visions to Earth’s past using them as conduits. You’ll convince groups of humans to join in alliances with you, in order to secretly construct the weapon that destroyed Sol. Earth's perpetual wars will allow for you to milk the needed resources into its construction. The weapon will be built hidden behind a far orbiting planet of Sol unknown to the rest of mankind.

Not that I wish to question my moral decisions... but isn't that a bit... excessive?

You destroy nothing by making these choices. All possible timelines exist in the multiverse, regardless of which of the available paths you shed light on. The destruction of Earth can't be undone, just like you can't undo the past. By giving yourself this information, you've made taking this path an unavoidable fate to yourself.

The Liberty must be sent to Sirius to bring you here. The Coalition must be destroyed to keep them out of Sirius. The Trailblazer must fear you enough to self-destruct rather than let you take the gate to Sirius. These are the conditions for our existence in this reality.

And all things are the way they must be so they can exist.

When in the height heaven was not named 1-1

And the earth beneath did not yet bear a name 1-2

And the primeval Apsu, who begat them 1-3

And chaos, Tiamat, the mother of them both 1-4

Their waters were mingled together 1-5

And no field was formed, no marsh was to be seen 1-6

When of the gods none had been called into being 1-7

And none bore a name, and no destinies were ordained 1-8

Then were created the gods in the midst of heaven 1-9

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20