Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ash's Complete Guide to Trading, Smuggling and Not Getting Caught
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
That's one of the best tutorials I've ever read. And not just Disco tutorials but any kind of tutorial (and guide) I've read so far. It might be preempitive, but I'd love you to write actual city guides or something like that. Haven't you considered doing such a project for some travel company, at all?
Very well done Ash.

Need to get this placed in the Important Threads!
Im happy that the guide recognises the game of cat and mouse instead of claiming it is metagaming.
I suppose it won't hurt to pull this up for now.

Stickkiieeed.
Added subsection 'Run for the hills' to Section 3 with a link to the shiny new Final Appendix: Gambits

linky

Both threads still need some editing/expansion so patience peeps.
I want to print off this guide into a nice hand book.

Cheers!
Phenomenal guide for newbies and veterans alike. Well done!

I'd just like to point out one minor thing in the "Run for the Hills" segment: "Since normal discovery PvP rules apply you can't re-enter space for a considerable amount of time after you've docked." I believe this was recently changed to allow traders to dock without incurring the "pvp-dead" penalty.
Section 3 updated to reflect new PvP rules in light of transports and bases in PvP.

Completed first draft of Gambits and added crude diagrams of some of the more complex manouevres.

Thanks very much for contributing Harper.
Great guide, many thanks! It really helped me a lot.
Incorporated a small guide on countermeasures into the 'Kit' appendix.
Pages: 1 2 3