Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: National Council of Malta | From: Manuel Jose
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Neural Connection: Online
Comm ID: Doctor Manuel Jose
Subject: Soledad Research Complex
Encryption: Highly Encrypted Codex
Signal: Strong

Hola Maltese Nation,
Let me introduce myself at the beginning, My name is Doctor Manuel Jose, former pilot of the ancient crimson cross forces of Malta. I am here to establish my first communication towards the National Council of Malta about a new project in the horizon. Actually i will go straight to the point. Beside my profession as a skilled pilot for the Maltese forces, I am also a professor in the university of Malta and the majority of my work is around the Cardamine agriculture systems. My grand grand father was Doctor Francisco Jose, one of the few scientists who resided on planet soledad once discovered. His job there was to establish a primary lab for studying the cardamine agriculture.

I am here to continue his work and we are planning for the establishment of the Soledad Research Complex at the Omicron Tau system. I understand the regulations and the requirements for constructing our installation specially after i had a good conversation with one of your representatives and i was guided to read the laws of the National Council of Malta. We are hoping to have a license from the NC about our construction and in this case, i would like to ask for a small bill or just a message showing us how much exactly are we required to pay for registering our complex.

We are opened for answering any questions or providing any required information.
We will wait your reply and thank you for your time.

Signal Lost
Transmission Ended
[Image: dFYLGGb.png]

A most welcome sight seeing someone who's been lost in the mists for quite a while now.

Hello, Signor Jose. I remember the day when Soledad was fist bent to the will of the Nación, and I remember distinctly how visceral my excitement about another planet being able to grow Cardamine was. The possibilities, the potential money. Of course, the Contari family had a vested interest in furthering the exploration of the planet, which sadly, hasn't yielded much as of yet besides a small equatorial settlement and a handful of Cardamine fields. It will still be decades before anything of note is built, which saddens me.

However, I recognize the potential someone like you could bring to the table. Omicron Tau is, frankly, a mess. The Gallic on one side, the delirious miners on the other side, it is no wonder that traffic is usually kept short. Someone like you could potentially elevate trade, and we are thus inclined to indulge your offer. Naturally, there are a few formalities that cannot be left in the open. In accordance to §4.2 of the Nación's laws, you are to submit a sum total of 25 million credits as flat payment to NC-R&D|CID and provide us with purpose, location, plans of future development and the proper identities of the owners. If deemed acceptable, the owners will then be obligated to pay a monthly fee which can be calculated in §4.3.. currently, this sum would be 30 million monthly. This is non negotiable yet, as it is a failsafe measure for us as well, in case you prove to be unreliable. Someone needs to pay the workers carrying away the debris after a catastrophic failure, after all. Furthermore, keep in mind that an installation needs to be placed 10 clicks away from any populated planetary body, which Soledad is, and at least 5 clicks from any other station for security reasons.

Comm ID: Doctor Manuel Jose
Subject: Soledad Research Complex

Hola Maltese Nation,
First of all, i would like to thank you for the warm welcome words, I appreciate it very much. I think it's time for some appearance. I didn't have the honor to know your name signor but i am sure that we will have more conversations in the future and i will have this chance hopefully soon. It's great to know that the contari family have interest in furthering the exploration of soledad and it's useful soil. We understand that this planet didn't have the enough care from the Maltese governments because of it's complex radiation problems which give no chance for docking rings constructions. But we are looking forward to establish our complex not far from Soledad and also will respect the laws of the Nacional of Malta by word.

I also am very glad to see that you have trust in our crew. We are looking forward to increase the size of trading in that realm of the Maltese space.
I transferred the required flat payment of 25,000,000 credits to the Nacional of Malta NC-R&D|CID account as requested and we understand that the current monthly taxes will be 30,000,000 credits. We will be transferring these monthly taxes every 30 days and provide for your council the processing documents for it. If we can count 30 days forward starting from today's date, then the payment will be received on the 12th day of every coming month. We will take care about the required distances that we should keep away from every populated installation or planet around.

About the requested information, so here you are. The purpose of the installation is mainly for exploration and experiments about the cardamine agriculture on planet soledad and mineral extraction from it's lonely moon. The location will be sector G3 and far enough from the populated stations and planets in the sector. The plans for future development can be summed by one phrase which is Absolute Cardamine. We are looking forward for the agriculture of a more potent species of cardamine which will be according to our calculations, more efficient for the Maltese nation. There are many scientific details but it can all be summed under that phrase. The owner of the installation is myself, Doctor Manuel Jose. I have a crew of 200 people managed by 2 members of the board at the moment. This number will hopefully increase in the near future. I hope that all the information required is delivered to your good council.

Thank you for your trust and your time
We are looking forward for your next reply and have a good day.

Signal Lost
Transmission Ended
[Image: qD2plsm.png]

Signor Jose, your project has been formally approved. Please feel free to proceed at your leasure. Keep in mind that the monthly fees are expected to be sent to the same address as the initial payment. After a period of four to six months, you may petition the National Council to decrease or abstain from the security payment under the auspice that you have achieved or advanced in a significant way towards the goals you spoke about. Please inform the National Council in case you expand the base to higher core levels.

With that being said, congratulations, Signor.

Comm ID: Doctor Alejandro Rivera
Subject: Regarding Soledad Research Complex

Hola Maltese Nation,
Good afternoon, I do not believe we have had the pleasure, I am Doctor Alejandro Rivera, my position would have been third in command of the Starbase Doctor Jose requested permission to construct. It saddens me to have to contact you today to inform you of the misfortune that has befallen the Research Complex.

In the first week after we were given permission to begin construction I visited the station to help bring materials and personnel to get the process underway, this was also the time where I met Doctor Jose for the first time in person, all previous communiques were via private messages over the Neural Net. At that time, everything seemed to be going according to plan. However, just this last week I went to visit the Station again to finalize a few construction projects regarding my personal laboratories and staff lodgings, as well as meet the second in command in a management meeting we had scheduled to begin making projections on our near and long term plans for the station itself. Upon arriving at the location of the Station I found only debris and scattered hull segments floating about carelessly in space. After recovering a few data nodes I discovered that neither Doctor Jose nor our second in command had even been to the station in several weeks. By all appearances, it seems the station was neglected by all parties involved and the crew abandoned ship, my own personnel forgetting to contact me and inform me of the situation. Because of this mishap in management, I fear there will be no future for the research complex or our ideas regarding cardamine, minerals, and ores. As a side note, I will not be hiring those crews again in the future as they seem to neglect the chain of command in a crisis, perhaps if they followed protocol we could have saved the station and perhaps the entire project.

I have spent the last week with several salvage crews clearing the area of all debris and hazardous materials that could in any way cause trouble for passing ships, selling my own ship in the process to be able to pay for the crew's services. If I were you, which I'm not, I would not expect any further taxes or fees coming from those involved in the construction of this station in the future, unless someone rebuilds without my knowledge.

If you have any comments, questions, or concerns feel free to send me a message on this, or any, frequency and I will respond as soon as I am able.

Thank you for your time,
Doctor Alejandro Rivera

Signal Lost
Transmission Ended