Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Order "Convocation of Consuls" // From: Order| Commander Yeggito Kebok
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Official Order| Communication
[Image: bBfywJ0.png?1]
Reporting Officer: Commander Yeggito Kebok
Date of Transmission: 12-May-824 AS
Location Origin: Omicron Beta, Outer Rim
Encryption Level: LOCKED

To whom it may concern, on the Convocation of Consuls,

Greetings, Consuls. This is Commander Yeggito Kebok, Order Primary Fleet, reporting in. I apologize that our first contact is under such chaotic times; I am piecing together what I, and other commanding officers, have heard (and can verify) about the atrocities on Akabet (and the aftermath thereof).

I write this to you emerging from a multiple-week sortie in Omicron Beta. I was aboard a yet-to-be commissioned Resheph Reconnaissance Cruiser, leading the final phase of testing / evaluation of both the ship and its crew: running situational drills for both strategic and tactical scenarios, alongside the battleship OCV-Amenta. Everything checked out perfectly.

Upon emerging from our communications isolation, the news of the events came as a deluge; conflicting reports, conflicting active protocols, and conflicting chain-of-command: walking into an ongoing discussion is one thing; walking into an active coup is something else entirely. I want to ensure our mission, as members of the Order, is not compromised in these tumultuous times; the ability to detect, assess, engage, and eliminate threats, Nomad or Human, is paramount, and I want to reiterate my allegiance to this mission.

There are two things I request in response to this communication, if you are able:
  • First, if possible, I would ask that this Resheph Cruiser stay under my command. I have a small, but highly trained and highly determined, crew aboard this brand new vessel teeming with capability, and I do not want the vessel to be returned to Order-controlled space only to fall into the hands of someone who will use it against the Order. The ship would engage in monitoring Nomad Hive activity, as well as act in support of re-establishing the Order hierarchy, as requested by Convocation.

• Second, I ask that a set of standing orders be released to those serving on the Order Primary Fleet. With the events that have transpired, and seeing Consul Cortana replying in the stead of the Order Overwatch, a clear directive to the Order Primary Fleet would be of great help, and could prove a great boost of morale to the men and women who serve.
I await your response; please let me know if there are any questions/concerns.

With best regards, and until we are able to meet in person,

Signed: Commander Yeggito Kebok, Order ID 081-976

SIGNAL BOOST

MESSAGE ADDENDUM

Consulate,

I apologize; in my rush to get the details straight after coming out of the depth of a multiple-week sortie, and due to the potential of subtefuge during the coup, I didn't take the official Order Protectorate announcement into consideration; I hope you understand my caution at not believing it outright during the events.

The question remains; may I keep this Reconnaissance Cruiser, of which I, and crew, remain?
[Image: KAQ2z4i.png?1]
Comm ID: The Order Overwatch

It was to be known that the transition would not be as smooth as it can imagined in wake of a coup. The individuals responsible for forcing our hands were punished or are on the run. The Council in great wisdom have put its trust into direct subservient officers to the late Admiralty Board in positions of power to direct the fleet while us, the Consuls attend to matters not fitting a soldier. Inquisitor Valkyrie and Colonel Webb are resourceful to step in shoes of the Admiralty for the time being.

After consultation with The Order Black Fleet Command, they had agreed to test you. Commander Kebok, the Inquisitor herself vouched for you and will be responsible for your time during these trials. You shall take command of Resheph class recon cruiser and in following deployments you shall prove your worth to attain fully a rank of Captain.

The Order Inquisition was tasked with apprehending still surviving members of the coup, who have fled to Omegas according to reports of our Intelligence branch. Having Spyglass at site would allow us to track any movement of the Legion and finish them off once and for all. It is not without its own inherent risks... the Hessians started to behave aggressively to any and all visitors in the Omegas that do not adhere total obedience to them. Talks are in progress yet territories directly controlled by Coalition are to be considered relatively safe from the RHA.

Consul Zulfiqar
The Order Overwatch General Assembly
Official Order| Communication

Consulate,

I am glad to hear that the situation has stabilized, and the structure of command has been established.

I must say, I am overjoyed at the commendation, and the promotion to Captain.

I will prepare the OCV-Sebennytos, and its crew, for its maiden tour to the Southern Omicrons and into the Omegas. Interactions with the RHA, and other prominent factions, will be handled delicately, if they arise; we will aim to keep our detectable presence to a minimum.

In addition to our primary mission of searching for the last fragments of the Legion, I will continue my work on Operation "BAXTER", and Operation "ALVEUS"; write-ups, and progress reports, can be found in my dossier, when it comes online (much of the work was removed from the Order internal neural net when whispers of the coup had started).

Due to the clandestine nature of the operation, I will be keeping a low profile. However, I can be reached, at any time, by normal methods employed during deep-space reconnaissance.

Glory be to the Order, and may we always protect humankind.

Signed: Captain Yeggito Kebok, Order ID 081-976