Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Planetform Incorporated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 3b3c3eba62.jpg]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

NEURAL NET ID: Tacitus
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Zeta
ENCRYPTION LEVEL: Extreme
PRIORITY: Medium
FREQUENCY: Relay 37-C/Relay 21-C/Relay 53-K
DELAY: 1.4/s
TOPIC: Inquiry

____

Greetings representative,

I've contacted you on behalf of our organization to inquire specifically about the availability of Colony plans and processes of planetary settlement, specifically relating to environments with a high degree of frost and snow, an ice planet if I were to label it anything at all.

No further specifications can be made at this time until the existence and potential willingness to deal with us in return for those plans and technical knowledge can be arranged. We will accordingly await your responses on this matter.

- Tacitus

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED
[Image: hQOiAPF.gif]

[Image: HBzZ97Ut.jpg?1]

Encryption: Twin Band Alphanumeric
Subject: Re: Inquiry

Mr. Tacitus,

Planetform has lots of experience with building bases and settlements on planets with all kinds of terrains. Cold climate is a kind of our specialty, as in most of Planetform projects we actually deal with frozen planets: California Minor, Harris, Edmonton to name a few. Planetform is open to all kinds of opportunities and willing to share our experience and skills.

That being said, I need more information about the organization you represent, Mr. Tacitus, before I can decide if any deal is possible or not. You could start with its name and affiliation, because that is not clear from your transmission.

Yours sincerely
Jack Worth
PlanetForm Incorporated
[Image: DkRdC3B.png]

RESENDING TRANSMISSION

[Image: w7b8m6zwau5u.png]

Subject: Information exchange

Mister Worth,
my name is Maria Calvo, I am the one mostly responsible for this theoretical construct we want to inquire about.
Mr. Tacitus and I are part of Auxesia. As for affiliation... We work - while others would say for ourselves - for the greater good of mankind. You probably have heard of us already, as your presence in Bretonia seems fundamental and we are more than welcome and known in Bretonia as well.

Now for the topic which started this commline. We are talking about a theoretical construct of an ice planet, medium-sized, with vast subsurface oceans, surface temperature averaging at about -100° Celsius. We would like to know what kind of settlement plans would prove viable, as well as information about what possibilities there would be to efficiently modify the atmosphere if it were too thick or too thin or even filled with harmful gases. While I studied many ways of terraforming before, the extraction of a single gaseous element from an atmosphere proves to be more difficult than most tasks.

My superiors would also not assume to be given any information without pay, so name your price or service and we shall see what can be provided.

[Image: 56zybroblkh.png]

Subject: Re: Information Exchange

[Image: eFSVtKb.jpg]

Miss Calvo,

Forgive me for not attending to this personally. I had to deal with some personal crises, and hence, delegated Mr Worth to handle things while I was occupied.

Before we begin business together, I have a small but significant request: secrecy. While we, at Planetform, have no prejudices, a lot of our investors and business partners are rather.....biased. We hope you can grant this favour.

You will find the technical information attached. As this is merely a consultation,one need not worry about financials. All I expect in return is a good business partnership, unbeknownst to any third party of course.

I hope that our partnership flourishes in the years to come. Wishing you the best of luck, I remain

Yours sincerely
Daniel Fletchley
CEO,
PlanetForm Incorporated

[Image: hcYefhf.png]

»INCOMING TRANSMISSION«

» COMM-ID: Keeper Revenant
» ENCRYPTION: Secure
» LOCATION: ???
» SUBJECT:-

»STARTING MESSAGE«

You may know me as Keeper Revenant, the overlord of this society.

Privacy is to be expected and is our main priority when establishing deals with other Sirians. We do have another query, perhaps you could indulge us on the topic of terraforming, what would be the estimated timescale for such an option? I also desire to enquire about the possiblity of acquiring details about colonies that are adapted to the ice, the materials, the requirements for suitability? Instead of using means of terraforming for colonisation, I ask this to understand the financial costs and ecological destruction, for the sake of comparison of the benefits between the subjects.

[[ENDING TRANSMISSION]]
[[BOOSTING TRANSMISSION]]

Subject: Re: Information Exchange

[Image: eFSVtKb.jpg]

Keeper Revenant,

Apologies for the delay, Keeper. While I have fairly detailed knowledge about Planetary sciences, for your queries I thought an expert should be consulted. Here is what one of my experts said. I should warn you that he has a tendency to ramble on.
Dr. Roland Halley Wrote:"The time scale for colonizing an icy ocean based planet, while in the range of about 6-8 years, is quite small compared to a normal planet which has non frozen landmass. an Icy planet has few possible colonization possibilities, but one method has, by far, shown greater success in tests and trials.

First, the atmosphere is seeded with gases necessary for triggering the terraforming process. this would generally be greenhouse gases and atmosphere seeding mixtures. Depending on requirement, Atmosphere density can be manipulated at this point. The temperatures on the surface would rise to tolerable levels in a matter of weeks. A surface terraforming outpost is established at this point. Removal of any toxic or undesirable gases begins.

At this juncture, a choice can be made. If there is no star or only a dwarf star for the planet to orbit, the greenhouse gases can be flushed down to the bare minimum, and breathable gas processes start. On the other hand, if an active star is in close range, this arrangement might be tricky, as the ice might become unstable. In that scenario, the ice is further melted and the Warming process is allowed to continue until temperatures reach a convenient range. At this point the remaining ice would accumulate on the poles.

For the first plan, surface and underground colonies can be constructed, such as in Planet Miura, Okinawa star system. For the second plan, Raised platforms are constructed, not unlike those on Holstein, Junyo or Curacao. Financial costs favour Plan II, while Ecology is maintained further in Plan I. Plan I requires construction of underground shelters, and may offer more room individually, but on a whole Plan II has capability of sustaining bigger populations. Both plans require almost the same materials, but Plan I requires a significantly larger quantity of resources."

At this juncture, Dr.Halley mentioned that a survey was likely to yield more results than theoretical models, and knowing his experience in the field, I would recommend that a team be allowed to survey the planet, under secrecy if needed. My scientists are willing to work among you, as long as their safety is guaranteed.

I await your reply on the course to pursue. Perhaps my men can work even with partly censored scans to provide a conclusive preliminary report.

Yours sincerely
Daniel Fletchley
CEO,
PlanetForm Incorporated

[align=center][Image: DkRdC3B.png]
[Image: hcYefhf.png]

»INCOMING TRANSMISSION«

» COMM-ID: Keeper Revenant
» ENCRYPTION: Secure
» LOCATION: ???
» SUBJECT:-

»STARTING MESSAGE«

For the sake of our own privacy of our chosen location, we will forward you scientific studies of the geographical state of the planet for analysis. Here you will find the Neural Net Scan Registry, and the atmospheric composition.

[[ENDING TRANSMISSION]]
[[BOOSTING TRANSMISSION]]
Pages: 1 2