Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Nesrin Khan | From: Ezrael Vertiga
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 04_by_rhulaner-da2sxcj.gif]

:::[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]:::
:::[ESTABLISHING SECURED AUDIO FEED]:::
:::[AUDIO FEED: LIVE]:::

ID: Ezrael Vertiga
Subject: [Image: UHCCc8M.gif]
ENCRYPTION: [Image: SnkmNXM.gif]

Hey Nelly!

I just browsed through some older messages and got reminded of you. How are you currently? Didn't see you in a while out there. I hope you are safe and sound. After all you still owe me a lovely day on Curacao, do you remember?

What are you doing these days? Lemme hear your lovely badass cyborg voice again.

Ezrael Vertiga
Don't forget about the good looking guy, Nesrin!
Yes, I was refering to myself.
I do hope you are alright, Nesrin. Just give me a life sign, okay?
[Image: FMc1daD.gif]

[Image: pk5fGEQ.gif]

Sender ID: Nesrin Ezra Elhertani Khan.

Designation: Freelancer.

Transmission Source: Drake.

Transmission Recipient: Ezrael Vertiga.

Subject: Not a social call.

Priority: High.

[Image: orKiRFG.gif]

Count the lists. Follow the logic threads. Trace the realities.

I’ve got my war pension, my commission papers, and a freighter full of boredom and nothingness. A skull full of dreams…

It’s close… You can sense it. Not the apocalypse. I won’t play Nostradamus. But there’s a shift in the… psyche of Sirius. Something that the stars are struggling to tell us. I've tried... to sow my ears shut, Vert'.

I’m… not an Auxesian anymore. It’s difficult to call what I am anymore. Somebody’s been screwing with me.

Bring something secure and ensure the people you love are sequestered somewhere safe. We’ll meet near Curacao. Somewhere. I’m not far.

Alive? You tell me. I'm still learning.

...Lighter note. When did you become a professional hoverbiker? You're sprawled over the nerualnet, tornado in a server farm. Thirty two to seven is a popular beer-bet on Torshaven. I had you as the min-profile type.

Man, I was worried about you, you know that?

While I don't know if you're more metaphoric than usual, it definitely is good to see you're alive, Nelly. I mean, I wanted to remind you of the invitation to Curacao, as a few days ago there was the Piscadea Major race on the planet - would have given you VIP seats! Tenth of 38, not too bad. It definitely was good fun.

You know, I really was wondering if partaking there would be a good idea or not, but then again, I'm denying myself already so many things, always out of fear for bad consequences, like, I don't know, people spreading crappy rumors about me and what not. At least the most important issues have been sorted out, although I still try to avoid crossing paths with the Lane Hackers. So I grabbed the opportunity and did it again. I was doing that in my twenties rather often. It definitely was awesome and I met a few cool people.

So, you're not part of Auxesia anymore? What happened? And what are you doing now? If you need my help, remember to give me a call. As long as you don't need a bounty hunter, I might be able to get things done for you, be it a new home or whatever else. Oh, and did you see Marie again?

Ezrael Vertiga
[Image: FMc1daD.gif]

Sender ID: Nesrin Ezra Elhertani Khan.

Designation: Freelancer.

Transmission Source: Tau 31.

Transmission Recipient: Ezrael Vertiga.

Subject: Not a social call.

Priority: High.

Ugh.

I think, I’m not sure, this might be some crap the mindshare injected into my mind like a truckload of methadone - I think Auxesia tampered with my memory. I didn’t know this at first, ‘course. Found it out by way of incidence. It’s no secret I want my humanity back. Went too far out of Plato’s cave trying to get a grasp - blasted my mind to cinders. Commune. There’s some monsters out there you don’t want to wilfully let in your head. Went in wanting a body, went out with a neural bridge to burn between two sides of the river which should never damn think about damming up together.

I keep running into inconsistencies that don’t fit and coming away with all my limbs smashed crying in the ambulances. Oh well. Gotta’ envy that trying to get above living in fear demeanour. Hope conquers all.

I wish I was like you.

I’m squatting in a Maltese mountain cave, real, not a metaphor this time, like the last damn jackalope, in Marie’s estate. So I’m currently crashing with someone I dated once. Informally. She sees the same bizarreness in it as I do. For all I know she’s infected. I hope she isn’t. I hope her emotions aren’t… chiselled pretty and cold like the statue of David. I hope I mean anything to her. Only damn person who’s shown me kindness without a -want- of me.

I.. I can’t articulate. I worry about you - that you’re not safe, in danger, somehow. There’s just too many fingers playing with knives out there. It’s just…

The cosmos. It’s ugly - grief. It buggers me up to look into the pain-pool and scry my eyes out knowing there’s relatively happy guys like you who got away from the Omicrons unscathed.

I’m still carrying it around with me, bone-deep. Phf. Couldn't so much take a defunct cry on the crapper without nanites turning it into a tesseract flooded with lost causes, like I'm the goddamn ghostrider.

I wish I could've come to your race.

What do you mean with mindshare? The K'hara Mindshare? And why did Auxesia alter your memories? And the Commune? I'm afraid you'd need to tell me a bit more about that to have me understand, which is what I want to try. You're one of the most interesting individuals I've encountered, and I still owe you one, as without your help I couldn't have cleaned my name, simply by not knowing where to begin with. You didn't even ask for anything in return, which is a rare thing nowadays. I remember I once asked Empathy for something, and he in return wanted me to fight against the Core for him and the other PRIME entities.

I can assure you, Marie is not infected. I had the very pleasure of having that gallic fart on my ship for a few days, as she selflessly taught me a few things I might need to know about the Oracles. An interesting interview, so to say. Given I was pretty sceptic about her, about a gallic woman who ended up being a maltese noble woman that also happened to be an Oracle back then. Now, she isn't anymore. Marie and Laguna have left the Church of Malta, which was both confirmed by Oracle Israfel when he told my friend Sombra about it at Freeport 11, as well as by Laguna himself, who also explained why that happened, as the Oracles suddenly seem to have bonds with Auxesia. I wonder if you know more about that from the other side of the mirror. I yet have to see Marie again, which is something I honestly look forward to. There really aren't many people around that are that altruistic. Funny, it seems fitting for you to hook up with her, Nelly.

What I wanted to say is, she is not infected, for sure, as I scanned her when she was on my ship. Like, I'm already endangered enough. The last thing I need is infectees around me, either trying to manipulate me or even infect me as well. Raven once said those incubi can infect you using any body opening they find, which would be the ultimate downturner in bed. So, don't worry about Marie in that aspect. The only thing you should fear about her is her nasty gallic humor. It is adorable, admittedly.

Neither do you need to be worried about me, Nelly. I appreciate it, but I am fine. To be fair, I know just too well about the shadows at the horizon. Nomads, Gallia, Cultists. The frequency of new jump holes appearing and disappearing is worrisome, and I wonder what it is that is ripping the space-time continuum apart. Is it the Cultists themselves, or is it something that attracted the Cultists to show themselves in all of a sudden? It began with the Nomads daring more bold moves in house space, showing their new warforms and lightshow beam guns. And then those Cultists appear, also with beam guns and remote controlled drones that are a hundred times more technologically advanced than the ones we operate from the Apahanta. Historically, 823 and 824 have shown major alterations to Sirius, Nelly. The Dyson Sphere became active and moved a bit. Did you know that? Omicron-74 was halfway swallowed by a collapsing jump hole that barfed parts of the system out in Omicron Kappa. Uncharted systems are suddenly drawing great attention, and according to Battlegroup Harmony, the Liberty Government is said to be at least partially infected. Like, when I think about those things, I suddenly feel very small, even as the captain of a potential warship. In fact, I feel so small, that I really appreciate that my biggest concern is how I should deal with the promiscuity I have lived for like, let's say, 15 years. After all, Maren wants me to marry her.

I really find that funny, because if I learned anything about the Omicrons, then it is the fact that I envy other people for their tiny problems in house space. Facing the fact we all could die any moment to a phenomen that alters the laws of physic at any moment makes me smile, knowing I'm still alive. And I hope you do smile sometimes as well, Nelly. Because even when you are not what you think you want to be, you are still alive. And given how unique you are, it is a gift that you are alive.

Ezrael Vertiga