Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Executive staff of Ageira and Deep Space Engineering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: OPh5lbt.png?1]

Did you know that Planetform is the only entity in all of Sirius that deals with terraforming? It’s such a shame too, as they have proven themselves to be incompetent in their own field even at the most basic of levels.

However, there is another way to look at this; as an economic opportunity. Planets will still need to be terraformed, despite the low confidence in their company. If a competitor were to step up to the plate, they might not only be able to acquire new contracts, but also ones that are currently held by Planetform.

Therefore, I am extending this offer to you. In this new company that I am chartering, I am willing to offer each of you 25% of the total shares in return for one billion credits of investment capital. I will see to it that this corporation has all the office and lab space it will need, and will assist in its management until it can stand on its own. To further sweeten this deal for you, I will make sure that this group comes to both of your companies first when it needs manufacturing and assembly work done.

I look forward to hearing from both of you.

Signed,

Peter Tomson

USI President
[Image: GIG91MM.png]
To: President Peter Tomson

As you know, we in Ageira Innovations appreciate and promote healthy competition. We believe that the freedom of choice is beneficial for customers in general. Although we didn't do business with Planetform Inc. in the last few years, I trust your judgement on their level of competence and agree that this could be an opportunity for competitor.

That being said, I would like to know more about the company you want to establish before making final decision regarding investments. What differentiation it is going to have versus Planetform? Clean and fresh reputation is good thing, however, we still need some proof points that the company can do its job. Terraforming is way too expensive and long-term business to rely on a startup without a vision or success story of any kind. Do you already have one in mind?

If we could work this out, I'm eager to invest in such a project and support it with all technical and scientific superiority of Ageira Innovations.

Jay Anderson,
Ageira Innovations
[Image: fZqZyxc.png]

Mr Anderson,

I appreciate your concerns here, and am glad that you are interested in the proposal. While I already had Edmonton lined up to be the first project, I did have a few ideas for other ways to branch out. The first of which is instead of putting the majority of our focus on terraforming uninhabitable planets; instead we would take those that are barely so and make them more desirable. A good example of this being Planet Houston, as due to its harsh climate, it has not developed at the rates Manhattan and Denver have. Another potential contract for us is that of California Minor. While it is nearing completion, there is still plenty of work to be done, and I’m sure Congress would love to boast to their constituents that the project was completed by a Libertonian company rather than a foreign one.

I hope this addresses your concerns and I am looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Signed,

Peter Tomson

USI President
[Image: GIG91MM.png]
To: President Peter Tomson

This is good to see that you have solid foundation for your idea and I'm inclined to give it a shot. I will approve the investment of 1 billion in exchange for 25% of shares and corresponding representation on the governance board of the project. I'm looking forward to cooperate with this new entity to deliver bleeding edge technology in terraforming.

Jay Anderson,
Ageira Innovations
[Image: fZqZyxc.png]
[Image: 4vLP3ob.png]

[Image: v2kmNEP.png]

Elysium Station
SUBJECT: Investment
TO: CEO Peter Tomson

Vespucci, Independant Space

Greetings Mr. Tomson. I must say that your plan for teraforming sounds interesting and Deep Space Mining does like new opportunities.

However, we are a relativly new company ourselves, therefore our funds are not in the large scales. So before we make a hasty decision i propose a detailed description of your first project so we can be fully aware as to where our money is going. When we have this, it will be presented to Deep Space Mining headquarters, where a decision will be reached within a short time.

Thank you Mr. Tomson, we hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
President
Dan Gunsmithr

Mr Gunsmithr,

The first steps of this will all be related to research and development. We will use Planet Edmonton and our station in orbit as locations to develop and test new methods of terraforming planets. While doing this, we can begin taking on new contracts that will be easy to complete and are in areas that are not currently targeted by Planetform. Such areas include taking planets that are already habitable but barely so, and making them more desirable to live on. An ideal candidate for this would be Planet Houston as it not only fits the above description, but is also within Liberty’s borders. I am also sure the government would be willing to hand us such a contract once we get our feet on the ground as our house is soon to face a problem of overcrowding on its more suitable planets. Need I remind you that Manhattan is already overcrowded, Los Angeles is almost all used for farming, Denver is facing explosive population growth, and California Minor is still not complete. By making Houston more pleasant to live on Liberty will see more of its citizens think about moving there, and therefore will be able to push this issue back another few centuries.

I hope this satisfies your curiosity and await your response.

Signed,

Peter Tomson

USI President
[Image: 4vLP3ob.png]

[Image: v2kmNEP.png]

Elysium Station
SUBJECT: Investment
TO: CEO Peter Tomson

Vespucci, Independant Space

Greetings Mr. Tomson

Thank you for presenting this in such a detailed manner. I have taken your detailed description to the DSM Headquarters and after some discussion we have decided to accept your proposal. We sincerely hope that together we will succeed in making Liberty planets comfortable for populating as the situation seems dire at the moment. You can count on DSM's full support regarding this massive operation. Have a good day Mr. Tomson

Sincerely,
President
Dan Gunsmithr