Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Writing an Unwritten Rule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(07-04-2017, 01:37 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2017, 01:31 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]Im not going to let everyone know where I am going or what I am doing . Why should everyone know?

I still think 30 days is enough then, because you cannot realistically expect to believe that in a 30 day period someone cannot once log into the forums. You wouldn't even need to tell anyone you were gone.

Alternatively besides thinking about this from just a Faction Leader perspective, lets think about this from a server perspective, how much drama did Ally need to cause to get an inactive admins attention? Is that something we as a community wish to go though every time the admin team fails at policing itself at removing inactive admins?

It's called: "Not being an addict to the game"

if i want a vacation, i can have one without the whole community knowing. Just internally is enough
I don't your one incident to have to influence me just becasue you have taken over a faction
My BEEF is that you are making it a rule that I MUST FOLLOW.
No.
I wont accept a dumb rule like this that would allow people to keep track of leaders and what they are up to in real life.
I want my privacy and only my faction members to know. that's it.

If Erzie had not told his faction members about it then dont have this stupid drama come spilling over everyone else.

Edit: Double post srry
Well, the thing is, being an Official Faction Leader, requires some level of commitment to the server, and the game.

Like it or not, others rely on clear communication with or to you as an OFL, simply up and leaving is unacceptable, and should be treated with scorn by members of both the faction, and outsiders.

If you cannot care enough or find the time that you refuse to even let people know you'll be gone for an extended period of time, you don't deserve to be a faction leader in the first place.

OP + 1

Edit: Being an OFL affects more people than just your own faction
The only communication you need is to your faction. Not to anyone else in this matter.
Again, this thread is asking for too much and this is just a game in the end. No one needs to be treated with "scorn" becasue of not playing a game for a stupid while.

You know what? If we are going to do this then where is the complaining about Admins and Moderators not being active too?
(07-04-2017, 01:58 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]The only communication you need is to your faction. Not to anyone else in this matter.
Again, this thread is asking for too much.

You know what? If we are going to do this then where is the complaining about Admins and Moderators not being active too?

So AFC Role Play is restricted to just AFC? YOu don't RP with other factions, have diplomacy, Comms or Interactions that require HC input?.

I do agree though, the same should be held for Admins and Moderators.
(07-04-2017, 02:00 PM)Snoflek Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2017, 01:58 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]The only communication you need is to your faction. Not to anyone else in this matter.
Again, this thread is asking for too much.

So AFC Role Play is restricted to just AFC? YOu don't RP with other factions, have diplomacy, Comms or Interactions that require HC input?.

I do agree though, the same should be held for Admins and Moderators.

Unlike IRG, AFC has a 2iC that will not coup the 1iC. C:
It doesn't matter if the 1iC does the diplomacy or the 2iC.
Fair, I can kind of see your point.

I would advocate then, that whenever the 1ic of a faction 'takes a break' or a vacation, then the 2ic of the faction takes over as acting 1ic, till the original leader's return, in order to continue the uninterrupted flow of RP. The 1ic (2ic) can then simply return power to the 1ic after they return
that is litterally what a 2iC is for... to take over if the 1iC is unavailable until it is really damn clear they are not coming back.
1 month though is not clear enough. Life problems can happen!
and if they do come back, the 2iC steps back down.
(07-04-2017, 02:05 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]that is litterally what a 2iC is for... to take over if the 1iC is unavailable until it is really damn clear they are not coming back.

And in that case I'd argue that if the 1ic (Original) is not responsible enough or able to dedicate time to ensure the continued growth and flourishing of his faction, someone that is actively investing time into the faction's continued expansion should become 1ic fully.

Edit: Someone unwilling to dedicate the time to their faction, does not deserve to lead it
(07-04-2017, 02:07 PM)Snoflek Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2017, 02:05 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]that is litterally what a 2iC is for... to take over if the 1iC is unavailable until it is really damn clear they are not coming back.

And in that case I'd argue that if the 1ic (Original) is not responsible enough or able to dedicate time to ensure the continued growth and flourishing of his faction, someone that is actively investing time into the faction's continued expansion should become 1ic fully.

Edit: Someone unwilling to dedicate the time to their faction, does not deserve to lead it

that's a very generic rule you have there and it is full of holes.
I could tell you several factions that are not active and the leader isn't doing anything apparently. Do you still want to coup them?

Let me tell you this: a faction will have its inactive times that doesn't mean you can overthrow the leader.
Finn was inactive in IRG for a while too but no one dared coup him.

Another thing: a 2iC should be informed and able to lead just like a 1ic. In a lot of factions, a 2ic is just someone picking their nose and not doing anything. If a 2ic has to lead for the 1ic , the diplomacy should not change automatically either. Otherwise that would be oorp reasons.

That's why people want erzie back I'd guess, because perhaps they want him in their pocket. Why would I otherwise matter who leads?

This isn't a question or concern about the server health. Nothing should change if a 2ic steps in to cover for 1ic while they are away
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6