Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Writing an Unwritten Rule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(07-04-2017, 03:38 PM)SkyNet Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently it is the kill-count that makes you a good leader today, not the RP effort you put in into your faction...

Whatever criteria we took you wouldn't have been near the top regardless. Ex-infectee roleplay needs to be deleted from the game.
The Admins got involved in this 'supposed coup' and after discussing it, then voting on it, we gave a decision back to the the IRG Account (we have no idea who has read that reply, but they have it).

So, discussing it backwards and forwards isn't going to make things happen any faster.

It will be up to the IRG HC if they want to release what we have decided.
(07-04-2017, 03:43 PM)Snoflek Wrote: [ -> ]Eh, if the 1ic is irreplacable...it means they did so on purpose, as in, created their RP, and set up their faction so they could hold it hostage...

speaking as a 1iC, I argue that it is the fault of the 2iC to be lazy and not ataine the same level of perfection as the 1iC.

TBH as well had an excellent 2iC that also knew very well what they were doing

Again, being a leader means you know the faction inside out and can make the best choices that are the most wise for the faction. It means having a vision forwards and making plans individually for the faction to grow.

An average faction member that rps actovly cannot do that.
(07-04-2017, 04:14 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2017, 03:43 PM)Snoflek Wrote: [ -> ]Eh, if the 1ic is irreplacable...it means they did so on purpose, as in, created their RP, and set up their faction so they could hold it hostage...

speaking as a 1iC, I argue that it is the fault of the 2iC to be lazy and not ataine the same level of perfection as the 1iC.

TBH as well had an excellent 2iC that also knew very well what they were doing

Again, being a leader means you know the faction inside out and can make the best choices that are the most wise for the faction. It means having a vision forwards and making plans individually for the faction to grow.

An average faction member that rps actovly cannot do that.

That's a very arbitrary statement.

A 2ic can be as active as they want in 'getting to know a faction', in the end, it really falls down to how much the 1ic lets others actually do. There's plenty of factions that actively restrict their playerbase and even their own HC from RPing.

Being a 1ic should mean knowing the faction inside and out, and making the best choices for your faction.

But it doesn't mean it, even if it should. In the end, the 1ic is the person that got the most friends together and was able to get their name out before anyone else did. Once they are in control, it doesn't matter how good or bad anyone else it, the faction is their hostage.
***oZoneRanger secretly starts making plans to become AFC´s second in command and hopes that Nom will take another long vacation sometime soon, so his secret dream of having the whole club infested by snowflakes nomads becomes a reality*** Angel

I do not see the need for a written rule about it, in terms of faction leaders honestly. This does not seem to be a problem with most factions as far as I can tell, and should be something left for factions to handle internally. Any good Faction leader that looses interest in the game or RL obligations are taking up more time, would most likely pass the command keys on to someone else. I can recall only one or two factions in the past, where a leader has just chosen to let an official faction die off, rather than pass on the rights to the "RP" created to someone else.

As for Mod and Admins and Devs....maybe there is some logic for a set of guidelines to be written to being able to remove people from a position if they show no activity (0) or interest in managing the community after a specific amount of time has passed.

***EDIT***
After reading the "Other" thread that started this, I can see that there are circumstances were a set of guidelines for passing over the leadership of an official faction to someone else might need to be put to ink.

The thing about rules is, that once they are there, they are sometimes then used in ways that were not intended. Setting up something to pass the keys onto someone else because of an unannounced or unexplained inactivity is one thing and may be needed.

Using those rules to oust an active but passive leader would be the thing to guard against.

Also, somewhere in the rules would have to something to the effect of moving the factions existing RP forward and not just doing a 180 degree turn on day one of a factions new leadership, and screw with other peoples invested role play and diplomacy with the former leadership.
(07-04-2017, 04:04 PM)Antonio Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2017, 03:38 PM)SkyNet Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently it is the kill-count that makes you a good leader today, not the RP effort you put in into your faction...

Whatever criteria we took you wouldn't have been near the top regardless. Ex-infectee roleplay needs to be deleted from the game.

Spoken like somebody who fought his way up into the 1iC position of a faction via blues and has no idea of the RP opportunities. But yeah, this would require some effort. This ex-infectee wouldn't exist if it weren't approved by the Wilde leadment.
I think you two should return to your own business instead of having discussions between lolwut and indepth RP.
(07-04-2017, 04:11 PM)St.Denis Wrote: [ -> ]The Admins got involved in this 'supposed coup' and after discussing it, then voting on it, we gave a decision back to the the IRG Account (we have no idea who has read that reply, but they have it).

So, discussing it backwards and forwards isn't going to make things happen any faster.

It will be up to the IRG HC if they want to release what we have decided.

Hi there, you must be looking for this thread, here, the one about IRG drama, this thread (the one you are in now) is a result of your (being the admin team as a whole) actions, or inaction really.

What I'm talking about making a rule that the admins have to publicly follow rather than you know, the "unwritten" rule that may or may-not be in place, I believe a standard of activity is something that not only Faction Leaders should be held to, but also mods, admins, and devs.
What is this garbage.

This shouldnt be a rule at all, you should have faith in your faction leaders.

Alphawolf, or the BAF leader, hasnt been active on skype or ingame for a while but he still keeps the factions head on straight perfectly. If hes gone, no one would try to overthrow him, same with RHA, council, hell pretty much every faction im in.

In extreme cases maybe but for the most part no.
(07-04-2017, 04:39 PM)SkyNet Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2017, 04:04 PM)Antonio Wrote: [ -> ]

Spoken like somebody who fought his way up into the 1iC position of a faction via blues and has no idea of the RP opportunities. But yeah, this would require some effort. This ex-infectee wouldn't exist if it weren't approved by the Wilde leadment.

I'm sure you know more about me than I do. Ex-infectees don't, can't and shouldn't exist because it's physically impossible to uninfect yourself without dying. There's no "approvement" of such a thing, the roleplay is pure nonsense.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6