Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New Providence (Formerly Freeport 2) - Administrators Office
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
[Image: 8a8e7005b964f70548a1d1af750469f8.jpg]

The administrators office of Freeport 2 was a tasteful if not spartan room fit to handle the day-to-day running of the steadily forgotten station. It was of course, until it became the den of one Jimmy "The Rat" Fattore. Now covered in parts of illegal weapons, pads containing blackmarket prices and half-empty packets of cigarettes it resembles the safehouse of some wanted criminal.

Jimmy was sat at his desk, cigarette in mouth and greatly absorbed in a flickering computer screen. He was awaiting the arrival of his two partners in crime, "Tweaker" Ted Thompson and Jasper "The Ghost" Saulder, who were on the way up to discuss a drug-induced idea from Ted.

The door chime sounded and two men entered.

"Hey guys, about time you got here. What'dya think? Not a bad joint huh?"

[Image: MOPglTV.jpg]

Jasper walked into a hazed room full of cigarette smoke drifting through the poorly vented room.
"So this is the new joint huh?"
He takes off his overcoat and places it over a chair.
"You know Ted is going to ask you where the bar is."
Laughing he turns around and see's Ted stumbling through the door way.

Ted entered as well, stumbling slightly as though he was drunk, he hissed at Jasper

"I already knew where the bar was thank you very much." Ted flopped into the chair in front of the desk where Jimmy was seated. "Not half bad Jimmy, not half bad at all."
"It ain't exactly the Kvartet but it's somewhere we can use for now, just keep a low profile yeah?" Jimmy said giving a knowing look "This place is crawlin' with pirates and bounty hunters. I'm kinda surprised it ain't been torn apart yet."

He stubbed his cigarette into an ashtray and placed his elbows on the desk. "So, how we gonna get ourselves this fancy new liner fellas?"
Ted giggled a little

"Why don't we just ring up one of the shipyards up there and just place an order?" he giggled some more. "That being said even Orbital has been known to lose a liner from time to time. I bet we could do it with two dozen men."

Looking at Ted Jasper pulls a small flask from the pocket of his vest.
"So we talking about doing a heist?"
Staring back over at Jimmy who seemed to be looking for another pack of cigarettes.
"Yo Jimmy you got anything I can fill my flask with?"
Tipping the flask to his lips he takes the last sip.
"Yeah real funny Ted but a heist?" Jimmy raised an eyebrow "We aren't exactly known or knowin' of Gallia and the Brigands we've only just made contact with, somethin' tells me askin' them to straight up hijack a liner ain't on the cards."

He walked over to a cooling unit and pulled a few bottles out.

"Pick your poison Casper." Jimmy said standing them on the desk and fishing out some glasses.

"Now I'm not sayin' it wouldn't work but it's gonna be a long shot, any other ideas?"

Jasper takes the bottle of whiskey and fills his flask.
Well is there anyone we can pay to "lose" a liner?"
Lighting a cigar he sits down in a chair next to Ted.
"Then get someone to pick it up? Just a thought so where not burning our entire savings."
"We wouldn't need to commit ourselves to a Gallic Liner, not at the start anyways. There is always the option of picking up an Oasis Passenger Liner." Ted got out of his seat and made himself a drink before continuing on."Of course the Oasis lacks the pizazz that other Liner have. But it would be within the budget." pausing again to take a drink from his glass he continued on. "If money is no object of course we could try for a Bustard, not only would it have the space required like a Liner, but would allow us the capability to mount advanced equipment, such as jump drives, hyperspace arrays."

Jimmy shuddered slightly at the mention of the Oasis.
"I've taken too many rides in those things, every flatfoot from here to Kusari uses them as prison transports. Lets just say I ain't keen on havin' one as my home yeah?"

Taking the bottle after Ted and pouring himself a drink, he sat back in his chair. "Price isn't the only thing we've gotta think about here, we push too far and we might as well buy one of those floatin' cities Renzu sell but we make the job too complex and we start invitin' trouble. I do like the look of those Gallic liners though, they've got a flare to 'em."

He tapped his chin for a moment "Havin' all those toys could be fun but carriers don't exactly have the flash we wanna show and what they carry ain't nothin' to write home about. What we get has gotta be stylish, you know? Send a statement that says yeah, we're a real class act..."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12