Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [CANCELLED]GRN vs Nomads/Wild(July 15, 18:30 UTC)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
While many Sirians have deemed both groups a scourge to the Sector, surprisingly, the Gallic Royal Navy and the Nomads have no love for each other. With both sides hindering each other's progress in attacking New London, they have officially declared each other as HOSTILE.

The Nomads and their human allies, the Wild, have decided to further hinder the GRN's operations by launching a fleet of ships to flank them in the Taus. However, the GRN is one step ahead, and has detected the fleet heading in from Omicron Tau. The Royal Navy has sent their own fleet to intercept their attackers in Tau-37, and a large battle is predicted to happen there very soon.

ATTACK FLEET: Your goal is to destroy all Gallic ships, and anyone assisting them, so that your forces can spread into Tau-23 to raid Gallic shipping lines heading to Bretonia. Your fleet will consist of the following IDs:
-Nomad Indies
-K'hara
-Vagrants
-Wild
-Aoi Isejin

POSSIBLE ALLIES:
-Outcasts, both Indie and Official

INTERCEPTION FLEET: Your goal is to destroy all Nomad and Wild ships, and anyone assisting them, so that you can push their forces back into the Omicrons where they belong. Your fleet will consist of the following IDs:
-GRN Indies
-GRN Factions, such as MRG and the Foreign Legion
-GRP Indies

POSSIBLE ALLIES:
-IMG, both Indie and Official

SIGN-UP: Since I will not be there to oversee the event, I will need TEAM LEADERS to organize both sides and lead them into battle. Faction leaders have a better chance of becoming a team leader than others.

ATTACK TEAM LEADER:
INTERCEPTION TEAM LEADER:

TITAN Warships are not allowed at the event, so don't bring any, please.

Anyone else not mentioned is welcome to show up. Just make sure to check in with your Team Leader for further instructions if you decide to show up.

MAP:
[Image: N3kzFPl.png]

There is no register / list of ships you want to attend:

e.g.

GALLIA
Titan -
BS -
BS -
BS -
Cruiser -
Cruiser -
GB -
GB -
(07-09-2017, 10:33 PM)Checkov Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else not mentioned is welcome to show up. Just make sure to check in with your Team Leader for further instructions if you decide to show up.
Why is event there?
It is a pain to drag Valor or something trough all that asteroids to reach that system, so lots of folks will not want to hustle with trip.
make it in new londonBig Grin The Noms and the GRN could fight each other and the BAF mops up the winnerBig Grin

Seriously, if it gonna happen i will be there as a nomad VHF or an irra
New London was my first choice for the event, but I moved it due to the possibility of LN, BAF, CR, and Council ships coming in to wreck the event by ganking both sides or forcing the two sides to ally and destroy the unwanted intruders. Tau-37, while not easy to reach, has a low chance of having such intrusions, and would be good for a smooth battle between the two fleets.
Regarding the event taking place in New London, if this event is requested via official faction, I should remind you of this:

Faction Right 4. Official player factions who have planned an event (with at least 24 hours notice on forum, here) can restrict participation of others in that event as they see fit as long as it does not severely limit any other factions' activities in their own ZoI beyond any sense and/or provide utterly unfair protection to the faction from otherwise logical roleplay consequences.

Though with three titans present, you should be aware of the risks that one side might get attacked by two of the other participants.
Thanks for pointing that out, . As I am by no means official, I cannot restrict other factions in New London from interfering with the event. Therefore, I will keep this event in Tau-37.
Friendly reminder: I need two TEAM LEADERS for the event. Currently, I'm over 300 kilometers from my copy of Discovery Freelancer, so the faster I get someone to lead a team, the better.
Why not wait till the BAF-Nomad "Month Long" event that is going on is completed. It ends at the end of the this month. You might get a better response and, you would not be competing with something that is already ongoing. Having it staged anywhere that the GRN already has a conflict might be problematic.
Pages: 1 2 3