Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: IMG Jack Henderson | From: AFC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: f5m98dq.png]

TO: JACK HENDERSON

Good evening,

I hope everything is going well with IMG and the mining operations.
As I know you are a busy man, I'll make it quick but appealing... or dare I say irresistible.

I'd like to partner with the IMG to develop a new type of mining technology. Something between both of our organizations.
Of course, you will be reaping the rewards of this new tech, though I would still like to be able to share the intel with you on this shared project.

The aim is to increase efficiency in ore gathering. I'll fill you in on the details if you're interested.

Cheers,

:::: Transmission Bumped:::
¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤ Transmission Incoming ¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

¤ LOCATION: Deep Taus

¤ COMM-ID: Jack Henderson

¤ TARGET-ID: Sunny - AFC

¤ SUBJECT: Offer

¤ ENCRYPTION: IMG M.E.T.A.N.O.L. Code

MESSAGE DECRYPTING... |||||||||||||||||||||||||| 100%

Dear Mr. Sunny,

This offer comes as a bit of a surprise. From the past, we know that the AFC is also into developing of technology, however I did not know you were also branching into R&D of mining equipment. For obvious reason, the Guild is interested in your approach and your plans. Combining ideas and technological advances between partners is a strategy that will help to solidify our position at the top.

So, what were you thinking of? I have the feeling that you have more detailled plans, and I am definitely interested in listening to them.

Yours sincerely,

Jack Henderson
IMG Operations

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤ End of Transmission ¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤
[Image: f5m98dq.png]

TO: JACK HENDERSON

Good evening,

Thank you for your reply and your keen interest. I do indeed have some interesting plans that I believe would be suitable for you guild's interests.
Diving right into it, I'd like for us to together develop a new technology that would... should I say... carve the way... a more efficient and safer future.

And I mean that even literally, but excuse the pun.

I believe The Guild is the most qualified to develop a special type of drill. A drill capable of dragging along with it a explosive charge capable of detonating on a timed or controlled detonation. This drill would be designed to cut into the toughest rock after being launched from a torpedo-like launcher and then continue to drill using a built-in generator after the initial spin from it's launch.

In the short-term, this project should work to increase your mining efficiency. In the long-term, how about we get rid of some of this huge rocks in the Tau-23 mining feild, eh? I believe we are civilized enough to create ourselves a path.

Now, you may wonder one more thing: Where would you get a torpedo launcher to test this on? Let's say I just might have one.

Cheers,

Dear Mr. Sunny,

Interesting concept. I am not a tech-guy, and far from an engineering degree, but I know that the IMG has drilling technology that should suffice to do something like this a thousand times. I also know that we have been using the general idea of drilling and detonating charges inside in the construction processes for inside-asteroid bases (like Orkney, Dounby or Tau 37, Falkland), but the idea to use it as a "weapon" that can be aimed at the large rock formations in Tau 23 to clear paths is new.

I would say, the Guild is interested in developing such a 'weapon' together with the AFC. Can I send some tech-guys your way to take a peek at the launcher that you envisaged for this? Or will you be around the Taus soon enough to show that launcher? Where would R&D be performed? I can offer IMG labs for that, however we are a little stretched at the moment in the Taus, that's why I would not object to having it done in your lab space.

Yours sincerely,

Jack Henderson
IMG Operations

[Image: vn6yiiH.gif]

Dear Mr. Sunny,

Alright! That sounds promising. I'll be sending over a team of scientists that can assess further steps that are needed in the development effort, what equipment is needed and clarify the details. Expect the team consisting of not more than 10 in total (engineers and some logistics guys) in the coming 48 hours.

Furthermore, I'd like to keep this cooperation somewhat secret. If this little project moves the way I could imagine, it might be nice if the result comes as a surprise to those it is aimed at.

Yours sincerely,

Jack Henderson
IMG Operations

On my way back from NY in 3 hours. Can be on Blackport today, 21:00 Kepler Main Time. Bar sounds perfect, dinner before it even preferrable. I hate Shuttle food, so I'll skip it. See you in a few, I'll call in when we have an ETA of 30 minutes.

Jack Henderson
IMG Operations

Pages: 1 2