Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Unioners From: Jasper The Rat Pack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[Image: MOPglTV.jpg]

Name: Jasper Saulder

Encryption: High

Subject: Engineering Expertise

Eh how's it goin' name's Jasper one of the members of The Rat Pack. Jimmy said to give ya a ring on getting something we need. If your interested our crew is in need of a battleship sized engine for a project of ours we got goin' if your interested ring me back ill give ya the details.

-Jasper

Incoming Transmission

[Image: 6NrvIgS.png]

To: "Jasper" of The Rat Pack
Subject: What are you planting in our garden?

Before we take this any further:

We’ve received reports of considerable Rat Pack activity in the Bering system, obviously, this is a detail of critical importance to us. What are your interests in the system, why, and where are they based?

We are not willing to haggle for this information. Truth carries its own rewards - and business opportunities.

Regards,
Armin Jansen.
First contact representative and Diplomat-in-Chief of der Alster Union, Pacifica Base, Bering.

Transmission Ended

I can see why, surprise you didn't know but our very own Jimmy has taken over the administration duties of Freeport 2. Ya need more info on that contact him but Im here to try and close a deal that is if your interested.

-Jasper

Incoming Transmission

[Image: 6NrvIgS.png]

To: "Jasper" of The Rat Pack
Subject: Business.

Certainly. I, or a subordinate, will contact Jimmy, shortly, Saulder. I will not muddy business with intelligence.

Deals are what we breathe. We trade, we exchange. It is in our souls, almost as dear to our hearts as the construction business. Your request evokes both.

We can provide you with a powerhouse unit for a vessel of essentially any size. Battleship engines are difficult to come by in any state of function - operable hardware is even rarer. Other parties will cheat you, or attempt to palm you off with a model too broken down for their own purposes. We will not insult you by having you fit steel to seam on any drive we would not trust with our own survival.

However, if our engineers are going to fabricate you a drive, we are going to need specifications. We won’t press you on the purpose of the vessel, station, or hyper gun you intend to power any more than is required, however, thermodynamics is not LEGO. Each component is unique, each is indispensable.

Provide us with the following:

Desired Fuel Type from the following:

Thorium MOX laser pellet rocket.

Antimatter-initiated Deuterium thermal fusion rocket.

Fast Fusion, uranium pile MOX fission rocket.

H-fuel fusion rocket.

And if you’re looking for a single engine, or a sequence of smaller engines.

What is the mass of the ship?

What are the thermal tolerance of the ship? Will the ship need to operate in conditions near compromising bodies, such as close to stars, or in asteroid clouds?

Finally, is the engine expected to be connected to a power grid capable of handling significant numbers of weapons, cloaking devices, tactical shields, or any other significant power drain?

Is excessive radiation a factor? Is the ship stealthy, or not?

Finally, provide a colourant mix. Cosmetics are in the eye of the beholder, but they serve as a basic substitute for IFF designation when you’re running silent. As a smuggler, I hardly need to narrate this to you.

Provide us with these details, and we can devise the terms of contract.

Regards,
Armin Jansen.
First contact representative and Diplomat-in-Chief of der Alster Union, Pacifica Base, Bering.

Transmission Ended

Well its good to hear you're interested, alright here are some details for ya currently The Pack is trying to procure a Lucculus Gallic Liner. So basically we need the engine to be able to run off of H-Fuel and not that petroleum stuff the current engine will have. As for a reactor well have to get back to you on that I got a few questions for Jimmy. As for the size hell who knows how heavy it is Ill get back to you on that to.
So to sum this up we need blue prints started in converting a petroleum engine to a H-fuel one. Sorry we aint got much to go by, but hopefully soon we can get ya more details.

Pleasure.

-Jasper

Incoming Transmission

[Image: Civ4FAE.jpg?1]

To: Jasper.
Subject: Gantry purchase.

I am Vulkan. I am of iron and fire.

Converting a CNO-cycle drive to a H-fuel drive is futile. Not all that is Iron may bend - some, break. “Conversion” would be a fresh drive. You cannot build a sword from a Tunafish. Colourants can be preserved, the drive, will not. Even the metal from which dreams are forged are constrained by iron logic, Rat.

I will forge a drive for you - a drive that will survive as long as the liner itself, should it be so tasked. I enthral in the task, for rare do I find myself presented with a challenge strange enough to test my gloves. It matters not; you will have your drive.

Yet I will not fabricate from vacuum. I am a smith, not God - I will not build ex nihilo.

Register your vessel in Pacifica’s docklands, in the attached nerualnet directory. I will make the Cäsar gantry available to you. Usually, the refit would cost two hundred and fifty million credits - but the task is small. You will wire only twenty five million credits to the UN|Bank, to cover the expenses of our labour and lost shipyard space.

You will also ship us the materials required to build the drive. Three thousand units of engine components will suffice.

Complete these tasks, and I will bequeath you your engine, Ratte.

contract T&Cs ' Wrote:- Wire 25.000.000 SC of labour compensation to the UN|Bank.

- Deliver 3.000 SU of Engine Components to Pacifica Base, Bering System.

- Post your shipyard hire request, along with evidence of delivery and payment, to: This Directory. From this point, no surcharge will be taxed.

- Deliver the hull to Pacifica, in order for Unioner engineers to mount and fit the drive.

From dead earth, life. A rat would be aware of this truth.

Signed,
Vulkan.
Master of the nanoforge, Bering.

Transmission Ended