Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Editorial - High Tide on Amiens
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Satirical Sirian - 824AS

[Image: industrial_city_by_obscuriastudio-d5tu2em.jpg]
Making Waves

News has recently reached me that the governors of Planet Amiens are facing a civil uprising due to the Crown’s rather curious uncapped pollution policy upheld on the planet. Perhaps taking a turn out of our very own book regarding Leeds hmm? Apparently it has devolved into an utter shambles of ecology that would make the most unconcerned Green Front activist froth at the mouth, what with the already high water levels pushing further inland, it has unfortunately turned a number of residential areas into post modernistic water parks.

Naturally this has caused a number of problems for the un-envisioned occupants who, in defiance of Gallia’s masterwork of kinetic art, feel somewhat put out by having their homes flooded. Everyone’s a critic, no?
These detractors have called upon the Gallic government to stop any further industrial growth and introduce new legislation to control the pollution levels on Amiens. However the plot thickens, as according to my sources, this is not the first time our Royalist friends have attempted to enlighten their populace to the wonders of economic deconstructionism, a similar presentation was given in 516 AS that was also poorly received.

In the fallout of this latest attempt, It would seem several ecological groups formed in the wake of the previous ‘misunderstanding’ have seen a resurgence as the unappreciating citizens flock to rallies and demonstrations protesting the destruction of their planet, which the Gallic Crown has wisely ignored. Those with an axe to grind and a touch of artistic flair have begun showcasing their own deconstructive revisionism by attacking a number of industrial centers with explosives, quite avant garde in this Bretonian's opinion.

The distraught planetary officials have dismissed the work of these pyrotechnic Picasso’s as simply being too pedestrian in their appeal, a cry for help perhaps, while lacking the grand vision of the Crown’s own creative works. Of course all great artists must have a patron with whom they share a like-minded appreciation and given the energy of these ‘rebel’ artists, seems to closely align with the devilishly combustible work of the Marquis, it has sparked wild rumours of commissions by that grand supporter of alternative Gallic style, the Council.

If I didn’t know better, I would think the King is burning his own planets instead of that archaic oil they seem to favour in order to fuel his invasion-fetish, but I’m sure his subjects understand completely. After all, one death is a tragedy but several million is simply a statistic

Signed, A Crowned Cynic

Tags: Amiens, Gallia, Counci, Marquis, Flooding, Satire.