Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To :Ageira Innovations - From: Serious Repairs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Communication Via: *SR* Research.Communications.Vessel.Zodiak
Sender: Chief Artificer Octavian
Channel: Highly Secure
Subject: Trade Lane

*Holographic projector initialised*

"Good Evening Mr Jay Anderson,

We have completed a simple repair job on a trade lane unit, the repair was ordered and paid by DSM.

They have DSE paper's to authorize them to order the contract.

One of our Artificers was dispatched and filed in the relevant documentation as per Serious Repairs paperwork.

Attached is footage from our Repair Unit.

Attached Footage

Should you have anything to discuss, please dont hesitate to contact my office"

*Holographic Projection fades*

Transmission End

[Image: PbsLHqO.png]
To: Mr. Octavian

I must admit that I am unpleasantly surprised by the fact that Deep Space Engineering outsourced something as important as repairs of Trade Lane Ring to a third party contractor who has no record of experience with this kind of technology in the past. I also was expecting them to at least supervise the process of repair. It might be because the Deep Space Mining branch of DSE is actually focused on mining, not engineering, and might not quite understand the scale and potential impact of any tackling with the Trade Lanes system.

Just imagine this profoundly complex and fragile equilibrium that allows the lanes stay in place regardless of the natural movement of the stellar bodies on their orbits, stringed by forces of gravity with quantum-level precision. Imagine how carefully each and any intervention must be planned and executed to support that equilibrium, not ruin it. And now remember how many ships pass through that gate each day and how important the whole network is.

I just hope that your company have extremely good insurance and can afford very good lawyers, because if anything happens to the Trade Lane as a result of your actions... your liability will get to astronomical scale. I will send my own engineering team to inspect the 'repaired' ring and will inform you about our further actions. Refrain from any interventions into the Trade Lanes or other Ageira transportation systems until this inspection in completed.

Jay Anderson,
Ageira Innovations
[Image: fZqZyxc.png]

Communication Via: *SR* Research.Communications.Vessel.Zodiak
Sender: Chief Artificer Octavian
Channel: Highly Secure
Subject: Trade Lane

*Holographic projector initialised*

"Good Morning Mr Jay Anderson,

We took the contract in good faith, we will desist from any further work regarding Trade Lanes or other Ageira transportation systems.

If you do find our work satisfactory, we would like our Articifer's to be certified through a repair training programme at Ageira Innovations.

Should this be available to us in the future, if not and the matter goes against Serious Repairs we will seek council regarding this issue.

I wish you a pleasant day Sir"

*Holographic Projection fades*

Transmission End

[Image: PbsLHqO.png]
To: Mr. Octavian

This time you can consider that you narrowly escaped multi-million lawsuit. My team only found minor issues with the way you conducted repairs, and it seems that no damage was done.

Regarding your question, the training you are talking about is reserved for employees of Ageira and DSE and contains proprietary information under non-disclosure agreement. By no means it is intended for freelance attendees. This means that you cannot get what you are asking for.

I will keep an eye on your little company, so make sure to behave. There are many things in need of repair out there besides proprietary products of Ageira. We might be back to this conversation if you manage to change my first impression with you.

Jay Anderson,
Ageira Innovations
[Image: fZqZyxc.png]