Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Project 10155
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
::Comms Open......::
:: Prepare For Data Burst ::
:: Encryption Protocols ::
:: Decrypting.... ..... ...::

[Image: 9IPdbHQ.png]
Name: Commander Motoko Susubo

To: Notes to self on PROJECT 10155

In recent events a long time project that had been shelved has found it way back from the dead. We have restarted the N.I.P.S project. It had been a long time in the making not due to the difficulty of making such a engine just that it was more a pet project. But with the current state of the GMG along with the H-Fuel strangle hold they have and our own run in with the Guild Mistress I decided to breath live back in to the project. The concept of the Ion engine is very simple in design and hardly has any moving parts to it unlike the conventional engines we use today with their high speed turbo pumps.

[Image: fW6W3r9m.jpg]

These engines are based on electrical energy and when paired with the smaller 10024 ICARUS prototype which is ready for manufacturing makes for a compact engine. These engines will in fact use one quarter the fuel then the current engine types at one tenth the fuel cost.

We decided on using Neon do to it is cheap and readily available in the PA system thou neon is abundant in most of space that ships with a modification can collect neon while in flight. In the supplied graphic it shows the typical cone of effect with a common engine type when compared with a ion engine

[Image: uOx0xs3l.gif]

the Neon has a near orange color when ionized

[Image: KvesTZrl.png]

and the basic principal of the engine is as follows

[Image: zgShrQhl.jpg]

The real beauty of these engines is they hardly ever have any down time and the lack of moving parts cuts down on needed stops at the local ship yard. So for now this is my report on the N.I.P.S.. I will shortly have the working model that was shelved and a larger working version. I have handed the plans to the machinists to have the parts tooled and it should all go together fairly easy. Till the next update May the great dragon protect us

Encrypted Time Stamp Ni3625hPis

:: Transmission End ::

I have had some free time to do some work on the NIPS engine. We sent our contract hauler Mimiko to Liberty to pick up a supply of neon which we will store at our new station. I have set up a new research lab in the station, so when I get bord and have nothing to do, I can work on those pet projects I have. Focus!!!! OK back to NIPS. Planes have been drawn up for the parts that will be needed, most of which can be machined or bought from merchants. The lead time from drawing board to actual working engines will be 7 months. The plan is to affix the engine on a Light Fight for phase one, with larger engines being employed on ships of respective size.

Encrypted Time Stamp rEJS35hIkjo0

Propulsion Labs

I would like to give special thanks to the Machining Department and the work of a industrious crew member Machinist Tako Hiroshi for a quick turn around of the plans. With the parts he machined I well be able to finish the small working model that was shelved at the start of its rebirth, and not any longer just a box of parts sitting on my lab shelves

[Image: OSs0uUJ.png]

It is not much to look at, but I think this will revolutionize travel and and make it more cost effective as well.

There are a few hurdles to over come.

First: I have to wait for the first ICARUS reactor to be offloaded from the Shizuha and placed in the Lab. That small powerhouse has a lot of work to do on this project.

Second: Most importantly there needs to be a air lock paced in the lab so the NIPS can vent to space.

Third: a engine stand needs built to hold the fool thing from becoming a missile.

Forth: Finally there is going to need to be measures taken to prevent the tests from moving the whole station. Hmmm maybe just placing it in one of the Drones would be better that would resolve all the points seeing it is already installed in the one drone. Hooray for recycling. I will have to contact the DSS team and tell them to halt the teardown of the drone.

Once these few issues are addressed the testing can start. I can tell I am not going to get much sleep these next few days and weeks over the excitement of testing this engine

Encrypted Time Stamp k735xd45113

The Drone has been moved from the Shizuha's hanger to the Tsukihime Propulsion Labs. It had took a good two days to move the craft to the lab, we had to do things by hand so it required many hours of space walks, in EVA's. Once in the lab teams started to remove the standard propulsion system. Other teams are checking if all the telemetry and ground station hardware are in working order.

[Image: dBo9myR.jpg?1]

[Image: O7IvP0N.jpg?1]

We are out fitting two drones with the N.I.P.S . One well be the back up if any unforeseen problems arise. I do not see any problems with the tests the systems are pretty straight forward. Most of the , if any problems well be injector pressures, neutralizing beam out put , and magnetic output. All of these are adjustable on the fly and require the teams to keep a close eye on the levels. At this point all the tanks are toped off for now and will sit till tomorrow to give them time to equalize before the last top off. Tomorrow will be the big day if everything goes as planed the N.I.P.S will be ready as a marketable engine soon. The test clocks have been set to t minus 24 hours and the launch teams are milling over data and until tomorrow Commander Motoko Susubo signing out

Encrypted Time Stamp NIPS25tfk/56erf

Project 10155 was put on hold for a few weeks do to some minor problems associated with the transition for the project being moved from the Labs on the Shizuha to the new labs in the Propulsion Complex. With those problem being rectified we moved on to the final stage of full size engine tests.

[Image: FTusFeO.jpg?2]

The following data was recorded during the first flight test:

FLIGHT DATA COLLECTION UNIT 82-A

GAS PRESSURE: GOGUIDANCE SYSTEM: GOMAG FIELD: GO
BEAM NEUTRALIZER: GO TELEMITRY: GOHULL PRESSURE: ACCEPTABLE
EXHAUST TEMPS: ELEVATED DELTA-V 3376.82 m/secFLIGHT TIME 1h:27m:57s

THIS CONCLUDE ALL FLIGHT DATA:

Upon reviewing the data it has been concluded the test was a success. The exhaust temp thou being elevated has no real impact on the test as a whole. We had taken the craft apart and checked for any reason for a elevated temp and conclude it was a faulty sensor sending back flawed data. We have since changed the sensor and will watch the outputs closely on the next test flight

This concludes the our first full size test of the N.I.P.S engine system.

Encrypted Time Stamp rEJS35hIkjo0

[Image: er8QJ2c.png?1]

This next set of tests was held away from the Tsukihime due to the nature of Shock tests. These next set of test where to determine how much stress the engines could take before a mass failure event.

The following data was recorded during the shock tests:

FLIGHT DATA COLLECTION UNIT 82-A

SHOCK TEST #1 :110% Operational Rate

GAS PRESSURE: GOGUIDANCE SYSTEM: GOMAG FIELD: GO
EXHAUST TEMPS: ELEVATED DELTA-V 3476.82 m/secFLIGHT TIME 1h:17m:23s

SHOCK TEST #2 :120% Operational Rate

GAS PRESSURE: ELEVATEDGUIDANCE SYSTEM: GOMAG FIELD: GO
EXHAUST TEMPS: ELEVATED DELTA-V 3501.82 m/secFLIGHT TIME 2h:01m:32s

SHOCK TEST #3 :140% Operational Rate

GAS PRESSURE: ELEVATEDGUIDANCE SYSTEM: GOMAG FIELD: ELEVATED
EXHAUST TEMPS: ELEVATED DELTA-V 3518.82 m/secFLIGHT TIME 3h:48m:24s

SHOCK TEST #4 :150% Operational Rate

GAS PRESSURE: DANGERGUIDANCE SYSTEM:DATA LOSSMAG FIELD: FAIL
BEAM NEUTRALIZER: FAIL TELEMITRY:DATA LOSSHULL PRESSURE: NO DATA
EXHAUST TEMPS: DANGER DELTA-V 3553.82 m/secFLIGHT TIME 5h:47m:12s

[Image: D6Pn0Ms.jpg?1]

THIS CONCLUDE ALL FLIGHT DATA:

Upon reviewing the data it has been concluded that the Shock tests where a success. The forth and final test data was a max fail of the engine. We had pushed that test to 150% of operational specs and left it to fly until the engine had total failure. It is safe to lock out the engines at 120% of operational rate. This will give them 20% additional emergency thrust.

The designs, and test data have been turned in to the review board
Our review board has giving this engine system the ok for commercial sales and production.
This will concluded Project 10155

Encrypted Time Stamp rEge652l77jo0