Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Mathieu Rousseau
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

ENCRYPTION LEVEL: High

[Image: ByHBBZY.png]

:::ACCESS GRANTED:::
FINALIZING IDENTIFICATION PROCESS ... PLEASE WAIT ...

• »»» Location: Haven
  • »»» Sender ID: Nick Stenn
  • »»» Recipient ID: Gallic Brigand
  • »»» Subject: Delivery Contract

To whom it may concern,

I'll keep it short, as there is no need to do otherwise. I'm interested in getting my hands on a Sunbeam, and I find myself unable to move through Gallic space without attracting the wrong kind of attention. So here's where you come in.

One Sunbeam, a rented hanger on Freeport 6 in Tau-29, and the keys to my new ride in my hand in exchange for 50 million credits in yours.

Sound like a deal?

Attachments:
None

CLOSING TRANSMISSION
Transmission Initialising... Ready.

[Image: J4hCLAU.png]
Source: Planet Marne
Signal Stability: Intermintant Connection Issues
Signal Strength: Strong
Receiver Strength: Medium
Message Priority: Medium
Message Subject: Re:
Message Sender: Mathieu Rousseau
Encoding Message... Encoded.
Running Cyphers. . . . . Done.
Displaying Message to Recipient:

Well met, Mr Stenn.

It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, as I believe that our groups have yet to make contact. That, however, is irrelevant when business is concerned. Your request does incite a minor amount of curiosity as it suggests that you're unable to simply walk in and pick one up yourself. That being said, the Brigands are happy to provide such a service as long as there is profit to be found. I like to think that we are quite effective at moving things discreetly through Gallia and the neighbouring territories, so this should be an easy task to accomplish.

The Sunbeam is a vital part of the Brigand force and thus we have many of them in use and know how to get our hands on them. I'll be sending one Eva Fontaine down in the ship. She'll either drop a message in this channel when she arrives or, if lucky enough, she'll see you in person.

Signed,
Mathieu Rousseau
[Image: oncfz9u.png]

Salut.

Je m'appelle Eva Fontaine, I delivered the Sunbeam this morning to the requested location. I've never been there before so I hope I got the right place alright. Being honest, they should have sent someone different, but who am I to complain. I'm getting paid. If there are any problems let me know and I'll fly back down there later to help sort them out.
Au Revoir Sugar.

Eva
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

• »»» Subject: Career Opportunities

Miss Fontaine,

I appreciate the speed in which you managed the delivery. You found the right place as well. All I require is an account to send the cash to in payment. Further, please ensure your boss sees this, and understands that there is an opportunity for... advancement.

I'll pay for information, and I'll ensure a sizeable vacuum is left to be filled after I get the information. Turns out our friend Remy has captured one of my people, and has some interesting idea's on how to handle the situation. Turn's out that a lot more people suddenly have itchy trigger fingers for anything in brown and purple.

Attachments:
None

CLOSING TRANSMISSION
Transmission Initialising... Ready.

[Image: J4hCLAU.png]
Source: Planet Marne
Signal Stability: Intermintant Connection Issues
Signal Strength: Strong
Receiver Strength: Medium
Message Priority: Medium
Message Subject: Re:
Message Sender: Mathieu Rousseau
Encoding Message... Encoded.
Running Cyphers. . . . . Done.
Displaying Message to Recipient:

Remy? This doesn't bode well.

Pathcing in... Zero... Done.

His name is Remy Moreau, brother to Maxime Moreau, leader of the Boulogne Smugglers. Those two are crafty and are, admittedly, very good at what they do. Thinking on this, I shouldn't be surprised this sort of stupidity would come from them, or him specifically. Like most Brigands, he has a price on his head in Gallia for almost every crime under the sun.
The number one crime he's wanted for: Extortion.

Zero has had some... pleasant experiences with Remy on occasion so I've patched him into this channel. He's my right hand and a trustworthy source. Send any questions to him and I'm sure he'll answer them if capable. I think I can speak for him when I say he won't be happy to hear this development.

Signed,
Mathieu Rousseau
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

• »»» Subject: Career Opportunities

Zero

I'm sure your boss understands there is a chance for... expansion here. That said, I'll be blunt. I need to know where Remy is, and how to get there. There's a hefty sum of cash available for the taking here, and more than a little bloodshed. I'm sure you would like a fancy new station to operate out of.

Attachments:
None

CLOSING TRANSMISSION
[Image: tK56pZO.png]

Sigh. This is startling news. Upon seeing this transmission my first thought was to teach Remy a lesson about picking his targets, but it would appear that the mistake is already made and thus he must face the consequences of his actions. Shame. He was a good friend... at times. The constant 'playful' threats were a little annoying. Anyway, I digress.

To answer your query, Remy is a hard one to track as he's always on the move within Gallia. One could simply wait for him at Boulogne, but that raises issues and suspicion - the main issue would be that Boulogne is where he has the most support and I'd prefer if we didn't damage Brigand assets in this revenge episode. I could always lead him into a trap where you could catch him off guard, but this would then reveal my involvement in this, which if possible I'd like to remain quiet. Acting from the shadows is what I do best.

Additionally, before I commit to anything, and possibly sacrifice a friend to the wolves, I'd like to meet up with a representative from your organisation. I'm not big on loyalty, I'm a pirate after all, but I do respect the deals I make. I need some backing and insurance before I commit to such a thing - I'm sure you understand.

Thinking on this, with Remy gone a few problems will be solved, with a few more being created. The main that comes to mind is Epiniac, which is run by both of us to be a neutral zone to prevent conflict between the Brigands and hopefully get us closer to achieving Rousseau's vision. I fear this could set us back and further divide the Brigands. I know that your group knows little of the Brigands or how we operate, but I ask that you take caution. Not all of us, as you've seen, are so civilised or think of the future and possibilities in such a way. The Brigands, as we always have been, are very unstable. Marne is the main population centre of Brigands within Gallia and Rousseau keeps things, mostly, in check.

Je suis désolé, je divague. Prière de pouvez vous me dire ce que vous pensez.

Signed,

Zero
[Image: tK56pZO.png]

Alright, the trap is set. I've arranged for Remy to show up in Tau-29 soon and you need to set up the ambush. If you can ready a squad up at the Gers Jumphole in Baffin, I'll message you when to jump in. We can catch him off guard and remove him from the equation entirely - then we can move onto Boulogne.

Signed,

Zero