Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Sidewinder missiles need to be nerfed/deleted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
7800 hull dmg, in comparison to your average gb missile that's roughly only 4000 less dmg.

3900 sheild damage, that's 2000 hull damage less than your average gb missile (of course there are heavier gb missiles but even those have drawbacks). Might seem like a big difference on paper, but sidewinders are quite more of a nuisance ingame for these reasons.

400m/s is higher than pretty much every missile that isn't a CD, that should speak for itself so the whole argument of (well you can CD them!!!!!!!!!!111111111111) is out the window.

6 seconds of lifetime, your average gb missile has 10-8, meaning if you fire it while chasing a target with its tracking (which is as absurd as its speed) and speed included, (which surpasses a GB missile) you're guaranteed a hit.

Mix all of that with the damage as pointed out above which is more than the original sidewinder missile with less speed (900 more shield damage and 1800 more hull damage) and pretty much makes any other missile or weapon to fill an aux slot irrelevant (except the MR if you're not terrible at pvp) and you have a weapon that completely removes skill as a factor in group fights when used by anyone with enough of a brain to know when to press the rmb.

It's no secret to anyone that the people in charge of snub balance have the IQ of a level 1 magikarp, but seriously? Can these things be deleted/reverted now?
But Wesker, you can CD them!
Very unbiased poll...
It isn't sidewinders, it's the auxiliary slot. I'll make a thread on that at some point.
If the CM's worked reliably, Sidewinders wouldnt be as good, but I just watched my Sidewinders hit Wesker through CD's and countless CM's. Its simply too strong for how broken the mechanics are. I agree with Wesker here.
Where do I vote 'No'? The poll team should be replaced. This is a very bad poll.
(09-02-2017, 05:31 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: [ -> ]It isn't sidewinders, it's the auxiliary slot. I'll make a thread on that at some point.

It is.
ITT: People sour they can't deal with Sidewinders.
(09-02-2017, 05:34 PM)Wesker Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2017, 05:31 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: [ -> ]It isn't sidewinders, it's the auxiliary slot. I'll make a thread on that at some point.

It is.

It's both.
(09-02-2017, 05:35 PM)Backo Wrote: [ -> ]ITT: People sour they can't deal with Sidewinders.

Id like to know how you deal with 5 people shooting you with sidewinders.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5