Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Deep Space Engineering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: hQFZSl6.png]
[Image: QQWKvSj.png]
Name: Christopher V. Dalgaard
Subject: Commonwealth Security Projects

Whomever this may concern,

A set of initiatives relating to the over-all integrity of the Commonwealth regarding equipment and defensive infrastructure has been put forward, obviously onto my table, leaving me in-charge of seeing these objectives come to fruition.
But I've neglected basic manners, I am Christopher Dalgaard, which should have been obvious by now, the acting Lord Commander, though I would personally prefer being regarded with the official capacity of the Executive Commander of the Legion.

As per what I've been told, our ventures have been mutually beneficial thus far, so I'm not going to think twice about involving you into two more projects. Simply notify of your willingness and availability to undertake the following tasks:

First and foremost, given the constant looming threat posed by the Gallic Spear-head in Magellan, something has to be done to ensure the sovereignty of the Commonwealth, in this case, we require a minefield of a potent density to surround the anomaly that leads directly into the heart of Vespucci. Something we could only trust engineers of your caliber to work on.

Second, a comprehensive overhaul of the aged Republic technology we have in our possession, namely armaments and strike-craft. They've honestly seen better days...

Should both these projects seem feasible for your skill-set, kindly get back to me at your earliest.

Libera te Ex Infernis,
Dalgaard.
[Image: CRu4blZ.png]

[Image: zRcTyLA.png]
[Image: ufLMR0w.png]

Toronto Station
SUBJECT: Commonwealth Security Projects
TO: Mr Dalgaard

Ontario, Liberty Space

Greetings,

Executive Commander, I congratulate you on your new appointment as leader of the Commonwealth. My name is Jack Doe and I do not believe we have had the pleasure to get acquainted. I am the President of Deep Space Engineering and Chairperson of Doe Industries. You can rest assured that you have the support from our corporations as much as your predecessor.

The threat of Gauls in or near Liberty space is something we all should be concerned about, with the secrecy of the developments regarding that threat are somewhat frustrating we are however still pursuing our desire to ensure our saviors of our freedoms have the best of which we have to offer.

I have to admit, it has been quite some time since we've been requested to deploy minefields though this alone will not hinder any opportunity to tighten up the fortifications that serve to protect our friends and neighbors. Obviously Deep Space Engineering has interests in the area with the mining operations undertaken by our subsidiary group as well as the development of the Commonwealths infrastructure being a cornerstone in the history of our co-operation so I am pleased to tell you the dust is being wiped off our minelayers as we speak and are being prepared for active duty once more. I can promise that after three standard days the Egglayer.II and Santa.Clause minelayers will be ready to go when the orders arrive. As technology has advanced astronomically since our last mine laying operation, costs of fortifying an area with the latest mine technology comes with a very small overhead and as such the cost of this operation will mostly be in labor and consumables.

As for upgrading your fleet utilizing the generic Republic technology I can proudly say that we actually have a large quantity of hardware and software upgrades available for contracts. Lately the Liberty's armed forces have outsourced away from us so we have the desire to recoup costs and mark a minor profit to satisfy our Board of Directors and as such we have a small surplus of equipment that needs a new home. The latest in cloak disruption and armor upgrades surpass what the current Liberty Navy has available to them and the new wiring looms in our weapons platforms are years ahead of their time. However I must insist that for this deal be made available to you, we need a certain degree of trust that it will be used to fight foreign aggressors and not your perceived nationalized criminals. While I have an understanding on your quarrels with the current Government, the last thing you and I both need is for the Department of Defense asking us how the Commonwealth military got a hold of Liberty technology the is superior to their own.

Other than that, if all goes well then I can safely assume that we can work out the finer details and continue this relationship as it is intended.

Sincerely,
President
Jack Doe

Mister Doe,

Just to clarify, I don't lead the Commonwealth, I'm in charge of the Legion for now. That said, I'll move on to more important matters.

I'm pleased with your first response, but honestly conflicted with the second. In that regard the only thing I can think of is a compromise which would be as follows.
Republic weaponry and other advanced equipment such as the cloak disruption modules you mentioned would be used in a restricted manner. However, I would like for Republic ships to be made use of by our pilots in any form of combat they see fit, and against threats Libertonian in origin or otherwise. Of course, this will be contingent on your ability to make these aged vessels compatible with our own hardware, given their extensive times in service the power supply systems have not aged well.

Please inform me if this compromise would be less problematic for you, keeping in mind the issue you raised regarding the defense deportment. I'll also give you my honest two cents by saying that some day, you'll have to pick a side. No secret dealing, no matter how well kept stays hidden forever.

Libera te Ex Infernis,
Dalgaard.

Toronto Station
SUBJECT: Commonwealth Security Projects

Ontario, Liberty Space

Apologies for the late reply,

We had been discussing what you said amongst us on the Board, and you're right, however the longer we can delay the inevitable then the longer we can offer you the level of quality you would expect of us. As I have little knowledge in combat situations I can't sit here and tell you how to use your weapons though so I merely ask you utilize some level of discretion where possible.

I can start sending teams out there now, I am aware of the mining division have an operation in Vespucci so we'll be able to deploy the work crews from Baltimore at your earliest convenience.

If you can send me the details of the list of work you need completed and the area of operations plan for the mine field then we'll get onto it right away.

Is there anything else we can help with?

Sincerely,
President
Jack Doe

Mister Doe,

I'll keep this brief.

Number one, a mine-field to surround the Vespucci jump-hole, I would suggest that its size be accommodative of our larger ships, but nothing bigger than what would be commonly labelled a Ranseur. I'd rather enjoy watching a Gallic battleship get stuck on its way through. The mine-field will need to be constructed on the Magellan side of the anomaly, you can feel free to base out of Vespucci in order to construct it. I would also request that you line up the gap with the clearing in the field, with two weapons platforms where the actual gap begins and two more near the jumphole, and two for the Vespucci exit if possible.

Number two, a comprehensive revamp of our aged Republic technology so that they can run at full capacity. The provision of any other defensive equipment upgrades during this project is also more than welcome.

Lastly, a shipment of cloak and cloak disruption modules for our capital vessels would also prove useful.

I think that covers it, let me know if I missed anything.

Libera te Ex Infernis,
Dalgaard.

Toronto Station
SUBJECT: Minefield Status

Ontario, Liberty Space

Greetings,

Firstly, I apologize for the delay in replying. I have just gotten back from a meeting with our lead engineer on this project and he's informed me that the preliminary measurements for the field on the Magellan side have proven difficult with the Hacker presence in the area. We've already lost two drones to them last week, attempting to reconfigure them to turn on us. We are making progress, but it is slow going.

Revamping shouldn't be a problem, we still have large volumes of spare parts being exported so upgrading the vessels out of Liberty can be masked in the export trade. We can send a team of engineers to use your facilities to help train your guys install and modify the equipment to the new specifications and thus being able to open a trade link via a proxy to continuously be able to offer customer support. Just need to find that proxy.

In regards to your request of cloaks and disruptors, I need to mention there is a backlog currently and we would not be able to service your order for a month or two at best.

Sincerely,
President
Jack Doe