Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Why is PvP so damn difficult?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
(09-11-2017, 09:33 PM)Yber Wrote: [ -> ]For the last time the problem with the sidewinder isn't the damage or the ammo, nor is it the tracking, it's the fact that CMs rarely work on them and they hit you anyway. You can be shieldrunning from 1 guy spamming sidewinders on you while you spam CMs and the bast majority of missiles will still hit you despite moving away + spamming CMs.

If CMs are fixed or sidewinders are adjusted so that CMs work on them the problem is solved.

And this impossibility to avoid being hit is going to be addressed, as devs said numerous times.
And, as we all know by now how balancing works, all people who actually think that missiles belong into this game, fear that it will be nerfed into oblivion and into uselessness... like so often when something was deemed OP by the ruling class of snub pvp players.

Anyway, yes. CMs do not work on Sidewinders. Thank you for showing it to me in my first attempt of pvping in snubs after a few months. Was as "cool" a fight as it has been for long time and I totally know why my snubs are getting activity wiped one after the other. Smile Keep irony if you find any.
Quote:There is also a change I suggested some time on TS and it is to implement guns that are copies of some existing weapons (Flashpoint, PG, Heavy Flashpoint), but they take no energy and do less damage. The DPS drop should be significant (about 50%) so that someone using the regular version of the gun and hitting every shot does more DPS than someone using the no energy one.
Just spend 30 seconds of your time every once in a while and actually try to get better, my god. Unless you have ancient hardware, barely any internet or Parkinsons you should be able to become decent at the game in a relatively short amount of time. Holy hell, you've been here for a while, you should be able to beat just about everyone you encounter, but no, you complain. What's worse is that you don't even sit and listen to the people trying to explain these things to you.

"Game's too hard for me, change it."
"Actually-"
"mods clean the post its flood i wont read it"

Be reasonable. (These things don't just apply to you, so don't shove words in my mouth and/or try to misinterpret what I'm trying to explain to you like you often seem to do to other people. Chill, pal.)

Time and time again I've seen people complain about this game's difficulty, and while I agree that Disco has quite the difficulty curve, you have to understand that there will always be someone better than you. The "best pvpers" have the same problem. Unless you don't try to get better at something you never will. If you stomp and complain about it to get changed, it won't, and you'll have people like Wesker and Yber (and me ok) yelling at you for it.

Quote:I can already predict the comments that I will receive:
Stop whining, stop complaining, things are fine, train and get good etc etc.

No, they are not.
If freakin' pvp whores can complain that missiles were such of a butt-hurt for them that they got into power and started removing everything that is fun, then I am allowed to voice my damn opinion and not be automatically shut down for "whining".

My guy, my dude, my man. You are being unreasonable. (repetition o no) There's no way in hell missiles will ever be properly balanced because of how the game works. Missiles are either going to be too weak to be useful or too good to use anything else. 20 billion ships with firestalkers/sidewinders was, is, and will continue to be a nightmare. All you and your friends have to do is press Q and you win, well done. If a couple of "aces" get their hands on your favorite utilities (hint: the missiles) they'll just drive out the remaining players quicker. The bad players will die as they always have, just magnitudes faster than they were before because your Weskers Ybers and Vaskos can aim their guns aswell as press Q.

Except that's probably never going to happen because if someone that is considered a good pvper by the majority (vocal minority?) starts using missiles he will be immediately vilified. That, and the fact that those people, even the most vile red hessians, will probably never use them. At least, not forever/for a long period of time, because that would just drain the fun out of everyone's experience, including theirs, because they've had their fair share of blues earned through their self-achieved quote-unquote "godlike aiming" and/or ghost aimbots or shadow-shooters or whatever the hell the term for being good at the game is these days. i hope to god im not talking out of my ass here and i rly hope my praising isnt fake news bc ive been away for a really long time and i dont know whats what anymore

The players that can't shoot good use missiles as an excuse because the players that can shoot good can only be killed by them (or brutal ganking which lets be fair is prt gort dam dull), and only because the good-shooters won't use them.

Honestly, there's no real reason why anyone should be vilified for using something that is in the game, but this gets thrown in the same bin as ganking and throwing caps into snubfights and all the other stuff that makes you go :: skype puke emoji ::. It's apathetic as balls and drains the fun out of everyone's anime souls. It's ironic how most people that can shoot good are some of the only people around that can show the even tiniest amount of empathy when playing the game; it's maddening. even if thats not true anyone who doesnt show that good ol empathy is being a bit of a dicchead anyway so even if im talking out of my ass (again probably) that statement still holds some meaning

TL;DR
(09-11-2017, 09:38 PM)Omicega Wrote: [ -> ]suck it up.

ok i read through this before posting and its 99% rambling but i dont want to delet bc it means a lot to me so here it is
The problem are not the mechanic and the stats alone. It is the fact that a considerable part of Disco's players are those who have already reached a decent level of PvP skill -- which has been developing, globally, for a decade. There's not enough newbies for other newbies to kill, they only get slaughtered by vets. If the newbies try to win by numbers, they get stigmatized for being gankers. But, for some reason, the vets will never get stigmatized for seal-clubbing.

Vets will always dominate over newbies, no matter what you do. A vet with a self-guided missile will defeat a newbie with a self-guided missile. If the newbie doesn't even drop the vet's shield, the newbie won't have fun, but if he does any damage, if he makes at least a small contribution to the fight, that is when everything changes. Players who feel useless will quit, players who feel useful will stay.

If shields were removed (and with them, of course, instakill weapons), then it would be easier for newbies to be useful. But this will certainly not work in Disco. It is too radical, and Disco doesn't like radical.
If people spent half their time trying to improve rather than crying about someone who did invest their time in improving there wouldn't be nonsensical threads like this one. As someone who flies all the classes well, it really isn't that hard. The most difficult part is aim, movement can be learned rather quickly, and if you learn the movement you're already much harder to kill in a groupfight. Sidewinders are a joke for obvious reasons, when Sombra says they're fine with a straight face you know they're not fine (sun).
You're making progress, Antonio. I was expecting your favourite Tom Cruise meme under parts of my text in a quotation box when taking my stuff out of context and acting as if I was talking in extremes. You did only the latter this time. Who knows, maybe in a few months you manage to write posts without being a dick?

It is pretty much what Thunderer wrote. PvP is not fun when you don't even get the chance to deal damage. That is why guided missiles are absolutely necessary. That and to prevent fights from taking hours because shieldrunning tends to drag fights out for up to crazy amounts of time. I'm sure there are people who totally enjoy piling on a single snub that dodges like hell for twenty minutes while the other side does the same, as that is literally what groupfights are. I don't, though. I never said the Sidewinders are alright the way they are currently. If slowing it down makes CMs actually effective against them, why not, but seeing people crying over the fact that they died to five snubs using Sidewinders while having intended to survive and shieldrun for hours, meh, I don't know if the time they logged for that isn't better used elsewhere. But hey, as long as people can complain about me having one cloaked transport while I have more online-time and RP interactions than entire factions, everything is fine, right? (sun)
(09-11-2017, 11:25 PM)Phantom Wrote: [ -> ]Just spend 30 seconds of your time every once in a while and actually try to get better, my god. Unless you have ancient hardware, barely any internet or Parkinsons you should be able to become decent at the game in a relatively short amount of time. Holy hell, you've been here for a while, you should be able to beat just about everyone you encounter, but no, you complain. What's worse is that you don't even sit and listen to the people trying to explain these things to you.

"Game's too hard for me, change it."
"Actually-"
"mods clean the post its flood i wont read it"

Be reasonable. (These things don't just apply to you, so don't shove words in my mouth and/or try to misinterpret what I'm trying to explain to you like you often seem to do to other people. Chill, pal.)

Time and time again I've seen people complain about this game's difficulty, and while I agree that Disco has quite the difficulty curve, you have to understand that there will always be someone better than you. The "best pvpers" have the same problem. Unless you don't try to get better at something you never will. If you stomp and complain about it to get changed, it won't, and you'll have people like Wesker and Yber (and me ok) yelling at you for it.

Quote:I can already predict the comments that I will receive:
Stop whining, stop complaining, things are fine, train and get good etc etc.

No, they are not.
If freakin' pvp whores can complain that missiles were such of a butt-hurt for them that they got into power and started removing everything that is fun, then I am allowed to voice my damn opinion and not be automatically shut down for "whining".

My guy, my dude, my man. You are being unreasonable. (repetition o no) There's no way in hell missiles will ever be properly balanced because of how the game works. Missiles are either going to be too weak to be useful or too good to use anything else. 20 billion ships with firestalkers/sidewinders was, is, and will continue to be a nightmare. All you and your friends have to do is press Q and you win, well done. If a couple of "aces" get their hands on your favorite utilities (hint: the missiles) they'll just drive out the remaining players quicker. The bad players will die as they always have, just magnitudes faster than they were before because your Weskers Ybers and Vaskos can aim their guns aswell as press Q.

Except that's probably never going to happen because if someone that is considered a good pvper by the majority (vocal minority?) starts using missiles he will be immediately vilified. That, and the fact that those people, even the most vile red hessians, will probably never use them. At least, not forever/for a long period of time, because that would just drain the fun out of everyone's experience, including theirs, because they've had their fair share of blues earned through their self-achieved quote-unquote "godlike aiming" and/or ghost aimbots or shadow-shooters or whatever the hell the term for being good at the game is these days. i hope to god im not talking out of my ass here and i rly hope my praising isnt fake news bc ive been away for a really long time and i dont know whats what anymore

The players that can't shoot good use missiles as an excuse because the players that can shoot good can only be killed by them (or brutal ganking which lets be fair is prt gort dam dull), and only because the good-shooters won't use them.

Honestly, there's no real reason why anyone should be vilified for using something that is in the game, but this gets thrown in the same bin as ganking and throwing caps into snubfights and all the other stuff that makes you go :: skype puke emoji ::. It's apathetic as balls and drains the fun out of everyone's anime souls. It's ironic how most people that can shoot good are some of the only people around that can show the even tiniest amount of empathy when playing the game; it's maddening. even if thats not true anyone who doesnt show that good ol empathy is being a bit of a dicchead anyway so even if im talking out of my ass (again probably) that statement still holds some meaning

TL;DR
(09-11-2017, 09:38 PM)Omicega Wrote: [ -> ]suck it up.

ok i read through this before posting and its 99% rambling but i dont want to delet bc it means a lot to me so here it is

PHANTOM I LUV U +1
(09-12-2017, 01:34 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]It is pretty much what Thunderer wrote. PvP is not fun when you don't even get the chance to deal damage.

30 minutes a day, a week even in conn is all you need to get better, antonio summed it up, if you want to get better practice and stop complaining about people who have spent time practicing.

Back when I started leading RHA and had little snub experience, I was getting pummeled, sort of like you when you snub pvp. Like you and several others I got sick of it, I hated dying and dying and dying over and over and over like a noob. I didn't want to go into a fight knowing it was going to end badly.

What did I do? I didn't go about complaining and making nonsense threads/posts like these, I went and practiced. It was no easy task, but after 3 months I started to get better, now its gotten to the point where the people that would bully me in snubs are getting bullied by me in snubs.

If I had complained back then, to people like vako, salmin, the guys pummeling me. They would've called me a loser and told me to go powertrade. I'm not as harsh as they are, but seriously, nothing comes easy, nothing. If you want to get better at the game, you need to actually practice it.
(09-12-2017, 02:00 AM)Wesker Wrote: [ -> ]30 minutes a day, a week even in conn is all you need to get better, phantom summed it up, if you want to get better practice and stop complaining about people who have spent time practicing.

This would almost be true if the superduperaces would spend 30 minutes teaching everyone their tricks, settings, tunnings, techniques, and sploits, and if they were willing to help noobs progress.

However, they are not.

Please spend 30 minutes telling everyone about all your tricks, and all the ways to counter them, and all the ways to beat you.

Go.
(09-12-2017, 02:05 AM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2017, 02:00 AM)Wesker Wrote: [ -> ]30 minutes a day, a week even in conn is all you need to get better, phantom summed it up, if you want to get better practice and stop complaining about people who have spent time practicing.

This would almost be true if the superduperaces would spend 30 minutes teaching everyone their tricks, settings, tunnings, techniques, splits, and if they were willing to help noobs progress.

However, they are not.

Please spend 30 minutes telling everyone about all your tricks, and all the ways to counter them, and all the ways to beat you.

Go.

Nope you're wrong, no one ever taught me shit. No one gave me any hints, told me how to earlyturn, told me how to box or when to shoot. No one told me how to dodge, how to place mines, how to arc a mini razor.

I learned everything on my own, look at videos, mirror their play styles and actually think outside the box and you will get better. Obviously I did.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19