Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Event: The Spyglass Game (Concluded)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
IDs eligible for the Trade Event:
Lane Hackers(+LH~), Unioners(+UN|), Liberty Rogues, Battlegroup Harmony
Started
There has not been a single kill on the tracker but the trade event is filling rapidly. Is there a problem that hasn't been forseen?
(09-14-2017, 04:45 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]There has not been a single kill on the tracker but the trade event is filling rapidly. Is there a problem that hasn't been forseen?

There was a kill earlier from a LH~ on a Liberty Siege Cruiser, but not sure if they were paid, there was several from LR- on Navy also.
(09-14-2017, 04:45 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]There has not been a single kill on the tracker but the trade event is filling rapidly. Is there a problem that hasn't been forseen?

Not enough lawfuls. 3 kills in Texas in total. No bonuses.

BHG| hasn't moved in yet. Maybe later today if there are baddies online. :¬)
330k Units left to ship to the Liner, event is closing up soon.

Note: Cochrane powercore components cargo is reached, 330k Units of engine components from Wedel Mining facility is needed!
I would add a few things here.

1) It's a one system transit. That hardly allows any time to intercept anything.
2) Starting an event in the middle of the week favors those who have to smuggle since there's not nearly as much activity to deal with anyway.

I took down a transport and the rest logged. Whatever, at least I got one.

EDIT:
Literally right after I log they start to come back.
1. Cry moar?
2. it's a 2 system transit
3. You can't blame everybody, heck i logged 3 times in 6 hours and let myself to be killed, if they caught me.
You can't generalize everybody in metagaming.
PS: Mind you, that the cargo wasn't worth anything!

And as far i've seen, activity peaked to over 60 people at a time, in the middle of the week, which is a pretty good number for a middle of a week, so your arguments are invalid.
To address the issue raised by GrnRaptor:
1. One of the two event cargo's is limited in lawful jurisdiction, yes, however sufficient time to intercept incoming transports is given to lawfuls unless you sit at Houston waiting for them to enter the system.
2. The event is partially to help in promoting activity, while it did not sufficiently encompass promoting activity on both sides of the event, you cannot truly say it failed to bring increased mid-week activity, as I personally observed a higher-than-average online playerbase.
3. A couple transports, unless armored and armed battletransports, do not have the sufficient firepower to bring down a well armored Navy gunboat, let alone a cruiser. Can you honestly expect two of the three remaining transports to continue runs just to be clubbed to death with impossible odds to properly defend themselves, especially if said warship might be camping the drop point or jumphole? The NPC Gunboat patrols alone, if put in the right time and place, could pick off a solo transport, let alone a heavily armored player ship with specialized armament for the job.

All round, the profiting from the event commodity was not the best, certainly lower than other events, and even more limited by the ID's allowed to benefit from it's meager profit. It's certainly not enough profit for transport captains to reasonably consider 'running the blockade' to make that delivery, and rightfully so due to the close proximity of the pick up and drop off points.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6