Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Lone Star Pub - Barrier Gate Station
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Lone Star was quiet today. While it usually had heavy traffic due to it's very public position on Barrier Gate, Crayterian Intelligence had recently rounded up most of its patrons for Cardamine possession. The bartender, Gareth, paid no mind to this, due to his dislike of the drug.

A new person walked in the door, and Gareth looked up at them. "Welcome to the Lone Star, how may I help you?"

[Image: 38sFkWz.jpg]

The cargo ship landed in the station's transport hangar. The emblem of the university was painted blue on the ship's hull. utwardly this ship looked like a typical cargo ship, but multiple antipodes, tanks and other devices suggested that it was a research ship. Under the emblem of the university with white paint in large letters was written: "R&D-Takayama". A steel plate separating the ship from the station dissapeared and a kusarian woman went out of it. She was fully dressed in armor with the emblem of the same university on her chest. On the clever face were glasses in a thin frame.

The woman went to the bar. They came here with a definite purpose, namely, to obtain information about this system and objects of interest. And they had to do it at any cost, without causing any suspicions. A place like the bar of this station was perfect. With a confident step, she went to the bar table and asked:
"Konnichiwa. I'm the captain of Research and Development ship "Takayama". We have heard a lot about of Coronado and decided to visit this place by ourselves. Probably, you can tell me something interesting about this system or close systems and pour the sake into a glass?

Sunny walked into the bar, hand in pocket and smoking the last bit of a rolled synth weed spiff. At the door he disposed of it, walking at the counter to order a drink.

"Get me a cold beer on the rocks. One of those strong Rheinbeer brews. I know someone else is coming or should be here too..."
Barrier Gate Station wasn't one of Blaine's favorite places. Yes, if you wanted to get laid, well, it was a good place to go but it was also where cardamine and people hiding from the law spent much of their time. Blaine had little to worry about. He was huge. His time in the gym was evident and his demeanor was rough. His campaign hat was well worn in nor did he back down when threatened. His survival vest had various ammo on it and other essentials, the sure sign of a retired soldier.
Today, he was looking for Sunny. He had only a picture from a transmission to go by. Spotting him at the bar, he approached him.

"Sunny, I assume?" he spoke to the man, extending his hand, "It's an honor to meet you."
Looking toward the bartender, he quickly ordered a Rheinbeer.
Sunny had the bottle up and too his lips, about to take a sip of his drink when he heard his name from a masculine and deep voice. He turned around to see a built man, strong and huge in body mass. Startled for a split second, he quickly realized who it could be.

"Ah..." Placing the beer down and turning around and standing up. "You're right about that. Nice to meet you... Blaine is it? Ah, I don't know if it is an honor..." He laughs, shaking his hand, ready to match Blaine's grip with his own. "Sit, please, unless you'd like to come to a corner to talk."
Blaine took a look around. Yeah, there were patrons around but no one he was worried about. Taking a seat at the bar, he just replied, "We can chat here. Besides, if the bartender hears, well, rumors might serve well."
He placed his hands around his bottle. "I'm looking to get some life into Freeport 6," he explained. "We're a low budget, mostly under the radar outfit that basically gives a meal and maybe a bed to a passing trader. I think the Gallic threat might be a bit of an intimidation factor but for now, they don't bother us."
He takes a sip of his beer. "I know your group hosts races. I figure that Freeport 6 could be an end point or even a check point for one." He gives him a smirk, "I also know that you provide, shall we say, live entertainment. I'm not sure what else your group has but I think you all may be a good way to liven things up."

"As I said, we're low budget for now so I have little to offer in credits but, I have office space if you need a satellite base to work from. I have some other areas not in use as well and who knows, with the amount of Gallic patrols at the Tau 31 gate, it might make for some good target practice."
He gave another quick smile, "So, what do you think?"
Sunny smiled back as he listened, taking a sip from his bottle and then thought as he placed it down.
"Getting some life on the station... hmm... Well from the past, we did have a race event in Tau-31, but we didn't have one down in Tau 29... I'm just thinking how we'd go about doing it... probably a lane race or a star circuit..." He thinks a bit more and then chuckles. "Well... I can't refuse an offer like that, can I? Sure... I guess we can help you with that. Budget wise... perhaps we can look to help you make some extra credits on the side, eh? Any reason that the budget you mention is low? Any problems?"
"I think with the Gallic incursion that a lot of traders who would normally go through to Bretonia from Kusari have been seeking other routes," Blaine explained. "But we have managed to keep expenses low. For example, we have only two patrol ships, a gunship and a cruiser and we limit our patrols up to Freeport 10 and into the Northern part of Tau 31. It doesn't help that the Gaul like taking shots at us as well."

He sipped his beer. "I figure, if we have some activity going on, like races or maybe making it known of the live entertainment on station that people won't mind the risk of coming there." He smirks, "Of course, keep it off of official channels." He looks towards the bartender at the other end of the bar, "And I'm sure he will spread the word a bit too."
He finished his beer and ordered another, including one for Sunny. "That's just a couple of ideas I have. Perhaps you may have more?"
Sunny nodded and accepted the second beer with thanks. You could tell he appreciated the gesture.
"So what you are saying is the Gauls are frightening all your usual customers and trades people and becasue of that you got less income, forcing you to operate on low cost and keeping things quiet... which then drags you into a hole you cannot get out of so easily. Hmm..."

Sunny sipped the beer. "Your idea is a start. It's going to bring in some of that activity back and get you running again. I would have to think about it but perhaps I can invest a bit more into this problem for a long term steady solution. For now if we go with your idea, I'd like to do some upgrading of your bar.... give it a little makeover. With your approval of coarse... " He smirks back. "We need to make it be attractive and with a good reputation. Then, we need to see about the next step. I can for sure see to make some racing happen on the lanes for now or such. Maybe draw a bit of a crowd to it if I can."

"Future plans... making the Freeport a trade hub or building a trace track close by could be two options off the top of my head...." Sunny thinks more.
He gave a chuckle. "Well yes there is less coming in but it was our decision to keep costs low. No, the Gauls don't help but neither does the presence of Outcasts in the system. We tolerate them but they check their guns at the door."

He then smirked. "A bar makeover. I'm curious to what you have in mind."
Pages: 1 2