Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Shelter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: F6uMYyW.jpg?1]

Manoel, its been a long time. Enma is making her footstep on stations floor from the latter to a cockpit of her Sabre. Hangar air is bad as usual, but she got used to it. Really disappointing this is that Valdez is not meeting her right now and girl is seemly disappeared. Looks like it was another bad appointment and a false hope. Maybe she will find reliable people, but her hope for it melted almost completely.

Tired and exhausted, Enma is trying to restore plans that she had before. Firstly confused, her thoughts are lining up and she's turning back to see another ship docking. For some reason, her vacation at Cambridge was not amusing. She did nit manage to relax until the end and now it's time to back in business. There's only one hope that Valdez did prepare perfect apartments for her and Mione. There must be some gain from appointing people on high position after all, at least something?

Closing her eyes, Loyola is using breathing technique to get herself into condition. Mione is not the one that parks spaceships fast, so there's some time.
While Enma was relaxing, Mione was the opposite. She was still getting used to piloting ships, certain flight tasks were more difficult than others. This time, it was stabilising the ship while trying to land it safely. Slowly descending with small wobbles to a keen eye, the Sabre finally came to a rest on the gravitational locks of the hangar. The ship's engines winded down, letting the ordinary noises of men doing maintenance envelop the hangar once more. Relief washed over Mione as she finally managed to dock the ship, pressing a lit button that let the ship hiss and depressurise the cockpit to atmosphere levels. Shortly after, the cockpit opened and the woman disembarked from the ship.

She was an odd sight to the people around her. The woman was wearing a pilot's uniform decorated in royal colours and golden lines, akin to those of nobles and powerful people. She wasn't threatening in stature, quite short in comparison to the usual sight of people working around the ships here. Physical strength was necessary for these kind of jobs, after all. A person would think of her as someone of importance from first glance, however, upon closer inspection, she was also wearing a chunky collar that gave away her true status. The crest on the collar had a golden insignia depicting two moons - the Loyola family crest.

Mione quickly approached Enma, obviously slightly tense from the experience of trying to land a ship. The woman's expressionless face wasn't exactly leaving it clear to Mione whether she's angry or not.
"I'm sorry it took so long, mistress. I'm here now."

As Mione closed, Enma took few last steps towards her. Thinking about for how long her servant actually landed, she nods. "That's alright." She's touching Mione's hair, which is a bit mixed up after helmet. Enma wants her to look properly, bad looking companion can harm her reputation. It's been quite some time since she started to care about her status things like this.

Moving Mione's head to the sides she carefully looking at her to double check. "Alright, take my bag and let's go." Enma is pointing on a small beg on the floor. "Cargo pods will be unloaded later. Would you like to have a bite or some drink, maybe?"
As requested, Mione bent over and picked up the bag. The sounds of the hangar irritated her ever so slightly, she was always used to more silent environments, following Enma to her usual meetings and tasks. One would expect otherwise from servants like her, but she was much better off than the rest - Enma needed to replace the usual Eliza that helped her, and she was just at the right place at the right time.

"I'm not that hungry, however I'd be more than glad to join you if you'd like." Mione replied respectfully.

She never was used to showing what she was really thinking or feeling, since experience has taught that it would lead to terrible repercussions. In the end, she was just a polite yes-man to yet another noble - she didn't know Enma well enough to even think of being different.

Enma looks at Mione for a few seconds, not moving and keeping silent. She's trying to figure what this girl really have in mind. Mione is not sincere that is for sure. Loyola is good at manipulating other people, however reading this girl is more complicated than she thought. Maybe because Mione is confused by herself and is not feeling or thinking anything serious.

"Alright. We will have a dinner then, but first of all I need to change a cloths and drop this bag." She said and moved into one of the corridors, expecting Mione to follow. She have learned the map of this station while traveling, having more of free time is sometimes making wonders like this. "Did you take everything you need with you? Or we will have to buy something?" Enma asked not turning her head back.
"I have everything I need that you've asked to bring, what's unnecessary now is what you've stored on the ship I flew." Mione retorted, sheepishly following Loyola as she trailed the station's hallways.

Looking at her, it felt wrong. It wasn't exactly a secret to her that Loyola is infected - the thought of her owner being something other than human has made her feel creeped out. She was quite different from the rest of the people she met from her experience - this Enma was impossible to figure out. Whether angry or happy - if she ever is - she never actually made it clear from her mannerisms or behaviour, or at least Mione would never notice. This woman treated her like a commodity more than anything, but that really wasn't a surprise given the environment Mione grew up in. She was used to it and didn't know much more.

She opened her mouth to ask her a question, but promptly shut it once more. Asking questions about something sensitive like that would probably just lead to consequences.

On Mione's reply Enma slightly sighs. Taking up and small pocket communicator, she's opening map of the station to look where is the room at exactly. Enma is listing the levels and finally zooming in at needed one, this makes her walk slower. Time to time she looks to the sides. In reflection of a glass panel she noticed that Mione opened her mouth. Girl clearly wanted to say something, but halt at the last moment.

"You wanted to say something." She said it emotionless and in one tone, of crouse not even turning her head back. Enma is rather making a statement than asking. Loyola very liked moments like this, when she can make such impression. And she did not leave any chance to do so. Of crouse somtimes it's cruel, but she found that very fair. Counting on how many times this life was cruel to her.

"Better tell me now, you cannot have any secrets from me." She said, opening up needed door with her ID. Manoel is a small outpost, but even for Manoel, this distance was short.
Lelia jumped slightly at the statement - how did she manage to know -that-? The woman didn't have eyes in the back, not one she could see at least. Chills went up her spine as she quickly tried to think up a response, but all she could think of is what might happen.

"I'm not hid- I just wanted to ask. It's nothing, I'm merely curious!" she fumbled words as she spoke.

The door fully opened with a short, sliding hiss and a beep from the ID scanner. They both went inside, Mione praying that the "conversation" would end just at that. Who knows what this alien thinks or will do...

Enma's blue eyes turned gray in few seconds. This usually happens when Outcast is getting angry. Woman is taking one deep breath with her nose before making fast and decisive moves. As door closed, Enma is rapidly pressing Lelia against the wall. Pressure would already make Lalia hard to breath. Lifting Laila's chin up with her hand, Enma is moving her head closer.

"Curious?" She pushed out only one word. It sounds quiet, but Enma obviously dedicated a lot of energy to pronouce that. Questing sounds heavy, obviously showting that Enma is now angry and it's better not to disappoint her any further.

The woman gasped at the sudden assault. Loyola was far stronger than you'd think considering her relatively small frame. Mione's expression was a mixture of fear and shock, especially after having noticed her eye colour change just like that.

"No, no, no! I'm sorry. I understand it's not my place to ask questions!" she spoke quickly, shaking her head to show that this was just a misunderstanding. She sincerely didn't want trouble like this to surface. In so little time she managed to ruin a perfectly good start to a breath of fresh air for her.

Pages: 1 2