Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Bretonian Government/BAF High Command and the Office of Her Majesty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: BretoniaFlagPS2.png]

Message Class: Textual
Encryption: Buckingham
To: SIS Director

[Image: Harold_2.png]

Director,

It is with great pleasure that I am responding to you personally, Mr Victor. Your accomplishments in the past speak for themselves, and we have much respect for both your work and the Intelligence Service's collaboration with the Armed Forces towards protecting Bretonia's interests. I also wish to welcome you back as the director of the SIS.

We have much work ahead of us, and with it a need for the Intelligence Service to remain active and at maximum operational strenght. I hope that we will get to be better acquainted in the months to come, both while working in our official positions and outside of them.

In regards to the unstable situation of the Kingdom, I do wish to express my absolute agreement with the mentioned statement. It is an unfortunate reality and we must do our best to assist in remedying the issues that our Great House faces. The SIS will play a crucial role, one that I believe that you are well-aware of.

Should there be a need to discuss any matters, do not hesitate to contact me or the other Admiralty Board members.

Adm. Sommverille, H.
Chief of the Defence Staff
Ministry of Defence
Kingdom of Bretonia

Open for Replies
[Image: ffgWP7F.png]

To the Bretonian Government and Armed Forces.:

My Lords and Ladies

As per my previous letter to you, the Service has conducted a number of assessments on the state of the house and the results are less than ideal.

The Military is considerably weakened after our years of war but also after a rather unfortunate escapade into the Vespucci system where upon our Liberty allies were either unable or unwilling to provide support. This has obviously had the effect of not only seriously harming our relationship with Liberty but our ability to conduct our defence in an effective manner, Dublin remains seriously undefended and Edinburgh is fundamentally controlled by the remnants of either the Gallic Navy or the Gaians. To add to the complication is the rumours of Wilde in the Taus, something we have briefly looked into but not given much attention due to the nature of our relationship with Kusari.

Following a series of unfortunate events within and around Kusari space and a letter from the Minister of Defence the SIS has suspended all operations North of Tau-31 and we are preparing to withdraw to Leeds as our Northern most point of operations. This decision is made with a few different reasons. Firstly we are limited in our ability to respond to threats and receive support, which due to the aforementioned problems experienced by the BAF, is essentially non-existent. Secondly, the changing political landscape in the Taus releases us from the obligation of protecting or observing Planet Harris, even if that were not the case, we do not possess the means to do so with any degree of certainty. Thirdly, we consider the ongoing negotiations with Kusari to be a relinquishing of our influence in the region and therefore, coupled with the instruction to cease operations against Kusari, have deemed the region to be under the influence of the Empire as such we are beginning the process of complete withdrawal.

Operations in Rhineland proceed with success, influence within the Government is secure and we are stepping up activities there to ensure the eventual removal of Federal elements. With luck the Rhinelanders will become more centralised as a result and our operations will bring them into alignment with us over time. Currently the situation in Liberty is one of calm silence, we do not predict any major issues from the Liberty Government or Military, equally we do not have any cause to travel to Liberty at the moment. Contact has been made with the Corsair Empire regarding both Auxesia and the Nomadic threat, information and communications are pending. Finally I have travelled to meet with agents of the Crayterian Intelligence Service regarding operations against Auxesia, due to information received from assets outside of Bretonia, a shift in tactics may be required.

We will endeavor to keep you informed

Victor Alexander Weber Steiner
Director of S.I.S
[Image: m85lB37.png]
[Image: 8.png]

Message Class: Textual
Encryption: Buckingham
To: Director V. Steiner, SIS
From: Cpt. C. Wigston Archibald, Chief of the Defence Staff, Ministry of Defence

Director,

As Mr. Sommerville is at present in a meeting with senior officials of the Ministry of Defence, I will answer this communication on His Excellency's behalf as well as transmit several of Mr. Harold's wishes in relation to the offered debrief.

We acknowledge that the Armed Forces are not in a favorable position to conduct any large-scale operations in the near future. Following a general cessation of collaboration with the Liberty Armed Forces and with the Republic of Liberty at large, the Royal Navy has been put into a position that does not allow for the deployment of a significant number of ships due to lack of funds, personnel and resources available to construct or otherwise replace the currently-deployed warships.

We agree that the systems of Dublin and Edinburgh are put at danger of capture by hostile forces, however, to reiterate on the prior point, the Armed Forces of Bretonia do not possess sufficient pilots or ships to be able to reinforce either systems. We continue efforts to train pilots in the Manchester system for transfer to Dublin at earliest, but until 830 A.S. it is unlikely that any significant forces will be diverted. Thusly, we highly advise for increasing the number of agents dispatched to the system to best prevent a collapse in the defence lines stabilized to Graves Station and back to the New London Jump Gate.

In addition, Mr. Harold has underlined the importance of cooperation with the Secret Intelligence Service within the Dublin and Edinburgh systems to anticipate any possible movements by the Molly or Gaian organizations that, by our expectations, most likely will attempt to pursue a more aggressive policy in the region. To further mention, the HMS Essex presently guards Dublin and would respond to any threats within system, however the HMS Livingstone is in a much weaker situation taking into consideration the capture of Fort Monach by the Gaian movement.

Related to the above-discussed points, we also wish to stress the reliance of the Armed Forces, and the Crown, on the Secret Intelligence Service to maintain cordial relations with the Imperial Family of Rheinland, respectively the Rheinland Military, for guaranteed support in case of conflict with the Republic of Liberty. Mr. Sommerville has signed an agreement with the Mr. Von Thielau to further bring together the two militaries, with accent also put on the need for stabilizing supply routes through the tumultuous Omega Border Worlds.

In relation to the raised points about Kusari's influence, the Admiralty Board has discussed at large the importance of keeping the Empire of Kusari as both a military and business partner in light of the coming agreements to be signed about the status of Planet Harris. We further believe that House Kusari should be allowed to expand its influence into the Tau Border Worlds whilst the Kingdom of Bretonia or allies of the Crown maintain a hold of the important installations in the region. We currently have no means of either resisting such an expansion nor do we possess the forces need to expand on our own, thusly, and, by extent, the Ministry of Defence also shares the view that the Empire of Kusari should be cooperated with closely to prevent the recovery of Tau Border Worlds by Gallic or Outcast-aligned forces.

On the status of the Technocracy of Auxo, we remain focused on cutting down their influence in neighboring Houses and preparing for a direct assault on the Inverness system in close assistance with the Crayter Republic within the coming months. Whilst there are presently no issues in dealing with the Technocrat threat on its own, we would be highly thankful if the Intelligence Service could look into the cooperation of the ALG with the Technocracy, as well as possibly work towards turning their status into that signed in the agreement over the security of the Border Worlds.

As a last note, Mr. Sommerville wishes to emphasize the need to avoid entering Kusari-controlled systems unless permission is provided by one of the Naval Forces' senior officers or representatives. It is imperative that diplomacy be conducted in a professional manner to prevent unwanted incidents from occurring at any point.

We hope this response is satisfactory. Please do not hesitate to further inquire upon the Ministry of Defence or the Armed Forces' stance towards the mentioned organizations or topics.

Cpt. Archibald Wigston, C.
Vice-Chief of Defence Staff
Ministry of Defence
Kingdom of Bretonia

Open for Replies
Pages: 1 2