Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To Kommissar Renate Kiesewetter || From Mia Farrugia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*Incoming Transmission*
*Encryption: High*
*Sender: Mia Farrugia, OAV-Sekhet-Aaru*
*Recipient: Kommissar Renate Kiesewetter*
*Re: Gammu Stuff*

[Image: 600px-Planet_Gammu.jpg]

Thanks for letting me stay where I am. I know it sounds silly, but I have been looking forward to getting out and about ever since I started planning this little scientific excursion, and it would have been a great shame if I had to turn back. I'm kind-of assuming you were threatening to blow my ship up to initially just to get me to leave. You wouldn't actually have shot at me, right?

By the way, did you hear this distress signal? I'm trying to get hold of the sender, but if they're close by we should work together. Two ships are better than one!

Anyway, I'm just giving you an update like I said I would. Things are quiet in orbit up here. I haven't had any contacts or unusual readings so far from the planet or anything else for that matter. If this continues, I'll try sending a few direct transmissions to the surface and see if I get a response, but I'm content for now to be a bit quiet for now. In any case, I should probably focus on that distress call.

Hope you're okay wherever you are.

Mia xxx

Transmission Ends
[Image: kiesewetteragsxk.png]
Captain's Office, U-175

Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts
Encrypted Video Transmission

● RECIPIENTS:
● SENDER:
● LOCATION:
● PRIORITY:
● SUBJECT:
Mia Farrugia, OAV-Sekhet-Aaru
Renate Kiesewetter
Omicron Delta System
█ █ ░ ░ ░
(No Subject)

Hello there,

Respect. It surprises me to hear from you again. I'm used to shoot at everything with Order identity, but since you were so free to share your findings in Kappa, i will turn a blind eye... this time!

Don't take it personally. This conflict is the result of Golanski's interventions in our affairs. By supporting Bundschuh cockroaches, the Order made itself guilty for terrorism and murder in Rheinland. I have to assume your superiors somehow failed to inform you about the crimes they committed in past. Of course, why should they. Don't you see you are working for the wrong gang? It is still time to change the sides. Or do you seriously want to be stamped as a murderer?

I'm not interested in this weird signal right now. The data of Planet Gammu is all i want. Also keep in mind that the next Core patrol might not be so considerate.

Gezeichnet,

Kommissar Renate Kiesewetter
BDM Kommissariat

[Image: kmskzaql.png]

Message End

*Incoming Message*
*Encryption: High*
*Sender: Mia Farrugia*
*Recipient: Kommissar Renate Kiesewetter*
*Re: More Gammu Stuff*

Well it turns out it wasn't the Core that put an end to my hopes...I guess I stayed in one place for a bit too long and a group of Nomads came and put my ship out of action yesterday in what seemed like a pretty targeted attack. Thankfully my backup AI managed to drag the ship into the nearest Zoner station for temporary repairs. I'll be departing soon for home...fingers crossed that nobody notices the scorch marks!

I suppose the biggest disappointment about it all was that I actually just had the break I was waiting for...

Unfortunately most of my scanning equipment went down shortly after when the shooting started, but I'll attach what few bits and pieces I managed to get from the encounter to this message. The comms logs survived, thankfully.

So, I've had some time to think about what went on. The AI ships did not come from the planet; they flew in from somewhere else, and the Nomads, though I'm sure that they would have started attacking me anyway, seemed to particularly object to my attempts at communicating with the other AIs which was really a bit strange.

It wasn't all bad though, I actually got to talk to 'AI06' some time later when I came back online....they said that they were originally some sort of servant program or similar, so it might be that AIs associated with Gammu are actually a collection from around Sirius, perhaps mixed in with something indigenous; I can't be sure, but I have a hunch that the PRIME-designated contact was not human-made. In any case AI06 seemed quite friendly. The (also friendly) Zoner captain of the Starflare actually surprised me as well, telling me that the Zoners are well used to co-existing with these AIs. That's definitely something I'm going to follow up!

Anyway, that's that really. Well, sort of. I've got one last lead to look into, but also I just wanted to say that I've been thinking about what you said, about changing sides. I believe you when you say that The Order has done some pretty dark stuff; I've heard it from other people as well, some from within the group itself. There are good people here, and even then you don't have to be particularly good to disagree with some of what goes on. I need to stay because I believe I can help others change The Order for the better.

I should really end it there...long range comms are damaged and it's an effort to get this through. It was really nice to meet you, and I hope we'll get another chance one day. I hope you find the information interesting!

Mia

*End of Message*