Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Lord Moka, The Liberty Rogues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Professor.Provocateur.Nicole.Hunter.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 1a.png][Image: 7.png]

I heard you're alive. Is that true?

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
[Image: RoguesLogo.png]

Nicole

I know you're one for cloak and daggers,
but you deliberately misspelling Liberty Rogues is either a
ruse or an over sight and I am a firm believer that nothing
is overlooked by you of all people. So yes, I am alive and
very well much kicking. How are things fairing lately?

Lord Moka
...uploading.data...

Moka,
Charming as ever.
I always liked you the most.
More than any other Rogue warlord.
Clyde thought he is the Sylphead himself.
But all he and his Amber did was back stab you.
Mort knew how to line up Barghests for a Nova salvo.
But lining up torpedoes alone does not a great warlord make.
You always knew how to inspire almost fanatical loyalty.
Your boys contacted me this year to set you free.
And looks like they dig you out of the grave.
But Rogues are razed and shattered.
Kicking alone will not fix it.
Are you up for it?
Warlord?

Nicole

This game,
It invariably
creates divides
amongst brothers
when all seems lost
but when the time has
come for Rogues to unite
you can count on myself
and my followers to cut
the ties that binds us all.
Nova's and cardimine
do not make us who
we are but instead
strengthens our
bonds in this
hell we call
Liberty

Tough people
in the past have
claimed that being
the one to conquer this
Hell is all in a days work for
any Rogue but you and I both
know that no matter what,
unity of the underworld
is what it needs. So yes,
my dear, I am here
ready and set
to make this
happen.

Cryptic words we speak,
but lets get down to business.
I've been out of the loop for some
time now and would appreciate some
insight on what to expect from our
friends in the north and south.
What have you got for me?

Lord Moka
...uploading.data...

Let's cut to the chase.

I partially blame you for the mess in which Rogues are now. There are things you should have done and things you shouldn't that contributed to a meltdown of The Liberty Rogues two years ago. Your rage, bad-temper, paranoia, ambition and stubbornness - all these traits which made you a good warlord - while unchecked contributed greatly to the schisms and internal struggles of your people. I want to believe that you have learned from your mistakes. I want to believe that you are the best hope for the Rogues now. If it is true you can count on me and The Lane Hackers to be your closest and most loyal ally in uniting the Rogues under one banner.

But words alone will not suffice to convince us. There is a small group of Rogues that took over Alcatraz. They are led by Trevor "Uncle Willy" Williams. While he doesn't have ambitions to unite all the Rogues under his own banner, he is a reasonable and approachable leader. Build a bridge with Alcatraz Roguepack. Do not aggravate your relation with premature obedience seeking. If you succeed I will know that you really have what it takes to unite your people and all our resources will be at your disposal for this very goal.

Nicole makes a pause and changes her tone to a much less dramatic tone while holographic projection starts to cycle through photos, dossiers and reports.

Liberty Rogues

For the time being, it should suffice to bring you up to speed with current political winds. After collapse of your reign on Padua, Buffalo followed shortly. Initial combat achievements of Mort weren't enough to fill the leadership void. Over the next year a small number of groups with limited operational capabilities emerged or re-emerged, such as Torpedoes, State Colors, Niverton Rouges, Dawson Rogues and finally Alcatraz Rogues. Only the latter survived until today and still actively operate in Liberty under leadership of already mentioned "Uncle Willy".

Unioners

The lack of any coherent Rogue leadership resulting in your minimal operational capabilities forced us to compensate. We have invested billions into heavy combat hardware and looked to the south for allies. For over a year now we are building a relationship with the Unioners. We have almost finalized our year long negotiations when a sudden internal purge in Der Alster Union caused a significant setback for our joint operations. Our informant says that just two weeks ago Arbeitsdirektor Garen exiled over half of the Union ringleaders. Upcoming months will tell us whether the movement will survive this internal turmoil and can play any significant role for us.

Separatists

In the meantime we have forged an alliance with the separatists from Battlegroup Harmony, a rogue splinter group of ex-Navy officers led by Admiral Victoria Knight. They received shelter and our backing under the condition that they will not attack the Rogues and Outcasts in Liberty. I do strongly suggest you to tell your boys to not seek hostility with the battlegroup. So far they have been quite successful with guerrilla strikes against the Liberty Navy. They have fortified their base of operations in Bering and were so far a reliable ally. The only concern I have is the fragility of this marriage. According to our analysis without the charismatic admiral the battlegroup will either plunge into disarray or disband almost instantly.

Outcasts

The Outcasts have gone through a lot of internal turmoil. Shortly after Ghosts of Razgriz disappeared The Crimson Cross went through mostly bloodless transition into a modern National Council. It doesn't mean that Malta is united. About half year ago our research revealed about dozen Outcast splinter groups operating either loosely within the Council or completely outside of it, such as Fedeltà, Maltlese Legion, Commune, Oracles, Malteese Exiles, 101st or remnants of Contari Lance, Mosquitos, 72nd, 13th or even XTF. It seems that after fall of The Commune, banishment of The Oracles and the last series of purges within the Council itself, the situation is rather stable. The National Council has prevailed but is weak and is still licking its wounds.

I hope you will find this introduction noteworthy. I will await your thoughts on my proposal.

Best regards,
Nicole

Nicole

That's a whole lot for a humble Rogue to take in at once.
Gotta admit though, the place really went to sh.. the dogs
when I left, huh? Apologies, it's a little hard readjusting to any
resemblance of a civil conversation and you're a lady and all.

I'll reach out to Willy, I can't say I've been acquainted with any
of this new blood around. I'm not expecting miracles here but
there can't be any harm in reaching out to him. I'm sure there
some common ground among us, we are Rogues after all.

These Seperatists you mentioned, do you have any further
information on them? Seems to me they are like another type
of Hell Fire, something I am sure we could all do with out.

I remember the Unioners, a shame to hear they aren't doing
well. As for the Outcasts, we're not bothered by their affairs
as long as they keep their warships out of our turf. Heard
rumours myself that there were a fleet of them siegeing
a base in New York's heart. That s... *cough* crap has
to be put to an end. But that's for later. Much later.

I'll let you know how I get on with Willy, can't say
it's gunna be hard finding something in common.

Lord Moka