Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: rip me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(10-23-2017, 01:57 PM)Laz Wrote: [ -> ]Have you enabled DirectPlay?

I did. It was enabled back when I've checked it.

(10-23-2017, 01:41 PM)Backo Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried running it in compatibility mode?

Uh huh. All of them.
Have you installed and are using FL as admin? That did the trick for me.
(10-23-2017, 02:02 PM)Geno Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2017, 01:57 PM)Laz Wrote: [ -> ]Have you enabled DirectPlay?
I did. It was enabled back when I've checked it.

Try disabling it, restarting your computer, enabling it, then restarting again. That should cause it to completely reinstall. Pretty sure that is the problem, since the issues you're describing is directly attached to DirectPlay.
Quite easy, go into your Disco Folder, go into "exe" and start the fl Server.

Proceed with all the steps that the Server asks you to do, wait until it starts a cmd and wait what happens. The Server will not Crash without giving you a error message.

Post the message here
(10-23-2017, 02:18 PM)Major_Mayhem Wrote: [ -> ]Have you installed and are using FL as admin? That did the trick for me.

I did.

(10-23-2017, 02:21 PM)Laz Wrote: [ -> ]Try disabling it, restarting your computer, enabling it, then restarting again. That should cause it to completely reinstall. Pretty sure that is the problem, since the issues you're describing is directly attached to DirectPlay.

Will do.

(10-23-2017, 02:21 PM)Goldberg Wrote: [ -> ]Quite easy, go into your Disco Folder, go into "exe" and start the fl Server.

Proceed with all the steps that the Server asks you to do, wait until it starts a cmd and wait what happens. The Server will not Crash without giving you a error message.

Post the message here

Yeah, but what about Disco? Is this server thing going to intertwine with my installation?
It might also be worth making sure you have this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=48145

I can't remember if it was a server only thing but I remember it is required for certain FL components. /shrug , better than nothing at all?
(10-23-2017, 02:23 PM)Geno Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2017, 02:18 PM)Major_Mayhem Wrote: [ -> ]Have you installed and are using FL as admin? That did the trick for me.

I did.

(10-23-2017, 02:21 PM)Laz Wrote: [ -> ]Try disabling it, restarting your computer, enabling it, then restarting again. That should cause it to completely reinstall. Pretty sure that is the problem, since the issues you're describing is directly attached to DirectPlay.

Will do.

(10-23-2017, 02:21 PM)Goldberg Wrote: [ -> ]Quite easy, go into your Disco Folder, go into "exe" and start the fl Server.

Post the message here

Yeah, but what about Disco? Is this server thing going to intertwine with my installation?

You are going to start the Disco Server. Go into your discovery Installation, exe Folder and search for the fl-server.

There is nothing that can destroy your freelancer Installation.
(10-23-2017, 02:26 PM)Goldberg Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2017, 02:23 PM)Geno Wrote: [ -> ]

I did.

Will do.

Post the message here

You are going to start the Disco Server. Go into your discovery Installation, exe Folder and search for the fl-server.

There is nothing that can destroy your freelancer Installation.

No no no. I was talking about Vanilla. I was planning to ensure Vanilla's compatibility with win10, and installing Disco afterward. But then again, Disco is much more updated than my 2003 installation files. Eh, I guess I'll just install on the Mod and do as you say.

PS: I failed to mention how I've also installed the latest .NET framework trice.
And also C++.
The .Net framework is only needed for the Discovery Launcher. Freelancer doesn't need it if I am correct. (FL Mod Studio needs 3.5 I think??)
Pages: 1 2 3