Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Storyline Event: Fulda Assaulted - Part 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Just to make sure that as many players as possible will notice the development of this storyline event:

Seeking for the right truth
CNS Breaking News: Rheinland declares war on GMG
Public announcement: Rheinland declares war on GMG
Hello.

This appears to be the thread roleplaying the theft of GMG ships used to attack Fulda here.
https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...pid1916762

This was done without consent of or consulting with a GMG faction. As a result, this is a violation of server rule 1.5.

1.5 Meta/powergaming

This thread is apparently the RP report of the attack:
https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...pid1936133

As above, no consent of one of the factions involved, GMG, was acquired.

Server rule 1.5 is elaborated on here:
https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...pid1787251

"When one character forces actions against another player without giving them the chance to respond, affecting and/or interfering with the other characters roleplay."

I must further elaborate on the violation of 1.5 with the following threads:

https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...pid1937179
https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...pid1938455

It has been long established that Nomad visions cannot be forced on a player and both sides must consent to such roleplay for it to go ahead. This is obviously no different.

This event forces actions against the GMG ID without giving it a chance to respond and also affects and interferes with its roleplay. This is a direct violation of the server rules. For example, I could, as an Outcast, write a story where I ambushed a group of Liberty Navy ships, stole their craft and then used them to attack Kusari, to cause a war. This would not be permitted, nor should it be. This situation should be no different.

The Gas Miners Guild currently does not have an official faction and it appears this is being taken advantage of to run roughshod over an entire ID. This forced war, pushed in violation of the server rules, is highly detrimental and will serve only to damage the ingame roleplay environment.

It is not fair and not acceptable.

As a result of the above, GMG- is forced to deny the legitimacy of this unwarranted war declared without consent. I invite the developers and administrators to speak with me regarding this story progression, but as things stand, I am afraid I cannot play along with this illegitimate and forced conflict.

Mephistoles.
I feel that I am contractually obligated to inform you that false flag attacks traditionally aren't carried out with the consent of the true bearers of the flag.

Is the situation fishy as all hell? Absolutely. Was Rheinland declaring war the right thing to do? Absolutely not, because...

[5:08:27 PM] Exodite (apparently): When GMG's installations go down, no more H-Fuel
[5:08:34 PM] Exodite (apparently): No more H-Fuel means no more capital fleet
[5:08:52 PM] Exodite (apparently): No more capital fleet means "welcome our Gallic overlords".

EDIT: Which has historical precedent, because GMG embargoed Liberty once forever ago and Liberty got crippled because of it.
The event was made after consulting all involved parties, including the unofficial GMG at the time. Trying to prop up a strawman is not a good way to come back.
(10-30-2017, 01:43 AM)Exodite Asmodai Wrote: [ -> ]I feel that I am contractually obligated to inform you that false flag attacks traditionally aren't carried out with the consent of the true bearers of the flag.

Is the situation fishy as all hell? Absolutely. Was Rheinland declaring war the right thing to do? Absolutely not, because...

[5:08:27 PM] Exodite (apparently): When GMG's installations go down, no more H-Fuel
[5:08:34 PM] Exodite (apparently): No more H-Fuel means no more capital fleet
[5:08:52 PM] Exodite (apparently): No more capital fleet means "welcome our Gallic overlords".

EDIT: Which has historical precedent, because GMG embargoed Liberty once forever ago and Liberty got crippled because of it.

And what do you think that 80 year war was about? Rheinland trying to claim Sigmas so KRUGER could extract H-Fuel. History, bro. History.
However, the delays in the H-Fuel production/shipping could be sufficient for Liberty + Bretonia to get eaten, especially when the Unioners take up their usual bloody reprisal game against Kruger and Republican in the Sigmas after the situation's stabilized. The infrastructure alone is at least decades of effort, to say nothing of The Core wanting territorial concessions and other sundries.

EDIT: And even if GMG doesn't get partitioned, they still have to deal with significant material losses, reduced profits, and other reasons for their stock price to plummet. Watch them be bought out by Interspace just like Core if they somehow hold out.
(10-30-2017, 02:40 AM)Exodite Asmodai Wrote: [ -> ]However, the delays in the H-Fuel production/shipping could be sufficient for Liberty + Bretonia to get eaten, especially when the Unioners take up their usual bloody reprisal game against Kruger and Republican in the Sigmas after the situation's stabilized. The infrastructure alone is at least decades of effort, to say nothing of The Core wanting territorial concessions and other sundries.

EDIT: And even if GMG doesn't get partitioned, they still have to deal with significant material losses, reduced profits, and other reasons for their stock price to plummet. Watch them be bought out by Interspace just like Core if they somehow hold out.

Its unlikely they'll be bought out, given how they work in partnership with Interspace and Kishiro already, given the two bases in Okinawa plus the loss of one Sigma is negligible when H3 is not even mined out there to begin with, and given the fact GMG already control two other Sigma's and a main system, so loosing that one passageway alone should not really buffer them that much in the long run, and the fact so many people buy fuel from them, and that the Order, Dragons, most of Kusari (at some point) and other factions buy fuel from them, means they got enough money to stand on their own feet for a while
(10-30-2017, 01:43 AM)Exodite Asmodai Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: Which has historical precedent, because GMG embargoed Liberty once forever ago and Liberty got crippled because of it.

Can explain what do you mean? Because as far as I remember, there were no consequencies for Liberty from the gas embargo at all.

-----

Apart from that, it is quite surprising and bit sad that this
(10-29-2017, 09:35 AM)Tænì Wrote: [ -> ]What is your official position with the RP Rheinland has been doing and the devs have offered? Will you RP reactively and do diplomacy in regards to current developments, or ignore it?
(10-29-2017, 05:06 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: [ -> ]We'll take things as they come. The current focus is to rebuild the faction.
is changed within just few hours into this
(10-30-2017, 01:39 AM)Mephistoles Wrote: [ -> ]As a result of the above, GMG- is forced to deny the legitimacy of this unwarranted war declared without consent. I invite the developers and administrators to speak with me regarding this story progression, but as things stand, I am afraid I cannot play along with this illegitimate and forced conflict.
Can we get the sell price for Jump Salvage at Schatten and Munster Research Station adjusted, please? The BDM is interested in these gate parts too.
The first part of this event is already over. Please refer to the second thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5