Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Gallic Metal Service S.A. | From: AP Manufacturing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

:::[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]:::
:::[ESTABLISHING VIDEO FEED]:::
:::[VIDEO FEED: Live]:::

ID: Martin McKinsey
Subject: Introduction
ENCRYPTION: APM-Standard

Esteemed leaders of Gallic Metal Service S.A.

my name is Martin McKinsey, Chief Executive Officer of AP Manufacturing - a corporation organized under the laws of Imperium Omicronis, having its principal place of business at Alabama Shipyard, Omicron Rho. I suppose you have heard as little about us as vice versa, which is hardly surprising considering the geography of the Sirius Sector. My administration has actually just recently learned about your company and I believe the happy coincidence behind it might just be the first step to recognizing whether our respective organizations can at some point mutually benefit from one another’s services.

A few days back one of our convoy astrogators stumbled upon an ad on a local bulletin board in Rheinland while stopping for resupply. Your kinsman - or woman to be specific - was looking to sell a spacecraft of rather exotic design, at least around these parts. Further inquiry led to an impromptu translation of its project name "Rock Badger" - which I hope is the proper call? We ceased the opportunity and took it off her hands to see whether it would fit a purpose within the peculiar environment of the Edge Worlds. Thus far the maintenance engineers in charge of its retrofit have been quite impressed with some of the technical characteristics. Promising as it is, I am looking forward to see it perform in the fields.

Review of the data core revealed that this fine naval craft was manufactured by your company, viz. Gallic Metal Service S.A., at least as far as I trust the imperfect translation - sadly, none of my employees has a grasp of French, thus we rely on Latin, which fortunately enough is the official tongue in Imperium Omicronis. That however brings us to the present moment and the following business request on our part.

Needless to say, the most notable feature that distinguishes the vessel against household craft is its propulsion technology. While we believe to understand the mechanics of it, the sort of organic, petroleum derivative oil fueling its engines seems not to occur naturally anywhere in the Edge Worlds or their neighboring regions. To conduct reliable performance tests in the area of native mineral collection, sufficient fuel reserves are essential. AP Manufacturing would thus seek to obtain a relatively small amount of whatever fuel GMS recommends as manufacturer of the craft in question. Maintenance reports estimate about 1000 standard cargo units to be sufficient for the moment. I strongly believe that together we will be able to reach an agreement on the costs and logistics of it.

As mentioned in the very beginning, AP Manufacturing would also be willing to consider a broader business relationship if the products and services our companies can offer one another makes such venture worthwhile – which I very much believe would be the case. Allow me to be the first one who extends an offer. Please feel free to browse through the standard export catalogue at our Viator Shipping & Commercial Services subsidiary and see if any of the minerals, hardware or archeological findings catches your interest. I will be pleased to draw up an estimate upon it.

I am looking forward to your response.

-M.McKinsey
CEO, AP Manufacturing

:::[CLOSING TRANSMISSION]:::

:::[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]:::
:::[ESTABLISHING VIDEO FEED]:::
:::[VIDEO FEED: Live]:::

ID: Martin McKinsey
Subject: Introduction
ENCRYPTION: APM-Standard

Esteemed leaders of Gallic Metal Service,

as head of a humble corporation I realize more than anyone that one must take inventory of his priorities. I can very well imagine that household economy feels the pressure of Gallia's war efforts ever greater as frontlines expand. Therefore AP Manufacturing would like to reach out and perhaps initiate a more steady relationship with your company - I admit the above being merely a pretext to doing so.

AP Manufacturing is the prime exporter of Iridium in all of Sirius, holding a vast majority of all known off-world mineral beds within the Edge Worlds, as well as their entirety planetside. This allows us a certain degree of freedom in terms of price control, benefiting the most promising business prospectors. To speak frankly, while demand for exotic ores is on the rise, time to ensure one's share of the proverbial cake is running thin. We would most certainly not wish for GMS to be dependant on usurious middlemen once market dynamics congeals.

Naturally, we can very much expand on our potential cooperation with other products or services native to the Edge Worlds - I would be pleased to learn about your propositions and expectations. The future is bright, Ladies and Gentlemen - why not design it together?

-M.McKinsey
CEO, AP Manufacturing

:::[CLOSING TRANSMISSION]:::