Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello i'm new here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wanted to say hello to everyone and congratulate you for keeping this game alive!
Hey there! Welcome to the Community. I'm sure you'll have your fun around here. Smile
Welcome to Discovery Smile

Gl & Hf
Welcome to Discovery! (sun)
Godspeed!
Hey!

See you in space.
Hello! Always nice to see new players, you guys are just as important for keeping this community alive and vibrant. If you haven'y already, I'd recommend giving these threads here, here and here a read, or at least a skim. They are the server rules (important), house laws (In-roleplay only, so admins won't get involved if you break them, but the Liberty Police sure will if they catch you smuggling) and a nice tutorial database, with what might just be some nice reading. And don't be afraid to ask for help! It can be a lot to take in all at once for a new player.

Good luck out there o7
Welcome bro! I'll see you in space, I'm sure.
Welcome brother! There's plenty to do here and there's always people around. Remember, we're a roleplay server continuing on the storyline from the end of original Freelancer in real-time, so don't be discouraged and feel free to read the server rules as to what we do around here!

Remember, many of our members are helpful and will help if you need it! Don't be afraid to ask for advice. In addition, there are tutorials sections to help you out. Discovery has completely altered balance to vanilla freelancer - levels no longer matter, nor is any one ship objectively better than any other - each has its own specific role, and its own specific class.

One great way to figure out how everything works, is to join a faction. Trade factions are usually a good idea. Look through the official factions section for more. Good starting factions are Kruger and the Independent Miners Guild. If you want to go more the navy route, Bretonia Armed Forces is another good option, whilst for pirates, Liberty Rogues or Unioners (which I lead, full disclosure) are friendly and welcoming to new players.

Enjoy your time here! I advise reading some of the roleplay on the forums, to get a sense for the universe.

Be sure to look up tutorials on mining, technological compatibility, special equipment, player owned space stations, and Player-set house rules, to help bypass any early game frustrations you may run into.

Good luck, and have fun out there. Remember, pay pirates and they won't shoot you. It's good advice for any early game trader. If you get shot at, it's usually because the faction that player is role-playing is, is hostile to your ID'd ship, and not because they're griefing or dislike you in any way.
Thanks mate for congarts but actually it is you who all of us should be congratulating. Every new player is the core of this game, so arigato gozeimas, and take care out there will you? Kind regards.