Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: CNS Breaking News: Rheinland declares war on GMG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 6qCmv2n.png]

----- Colony News Service | Channel: News24/7 | Now Playing: New Discoveries -----

[Image: tgc59h6.png]

----- Colony News Service | Channel: News24/7 | Now Playing: Breaking News -----

[Image: vhhH03i.jpg]

"Here is David Brady! We are interrupting the New Discoveries programme to bring you breaking news from the Rheinland Bundestag where important events are about to happen. Planned schedule of the session was cancelled unexpectedly and new schedule consists of two points - speech of chancellor Luisa Neumann and vote about - to quote - "declaration of war".

We are switching now to Helmut Schweinsteiger, our Bundestag correspondent, which is there with the latest information about what is going on. Hello Helmut, cany ou tell us what is behind this sudden change of schedule and what is about to happen?"

[Image: qnLuuyN.jpg]

"Hello David! There were rumours in the backstage since morning about possible intervention or major action against the Gas Miners Guild because so far the investigation of the attack on the Fulda Border Station shows that the ship which carried the bomb was using guild´s identification. I heard that some meetings took place between some government officials and representatives from most of political parties where they were informed about some details from the investigation. Though some of them did not need to be persuaded, there is no secret that part of the representatives, mainly from The Imperial Party of Rheinland but also some others, demanded action against GMG from the beginning of this crisis. However, nobody expected things to escalate this quickly. The title of the schedule points sounds unequivocally, thus I would say in a few minutes we will hear speech in which chancellor will state reasons for military action against the guild and vote about declaring war on GMG will follow. Unfortunately, I can not provide any more details, even the representatives I spoke with did not know them or refused to comment anything."

"Thank you for the quick summary, Helmut, we will stay in touch with you. For now, we are returning to the New Discoveries programme, but we assure our viewers that we will return to the Bundestag for the speech of the Rheinland chancellor..."

----- Colony News Service | Channel: News24/7 | Now Playing: New Discoveries -----

(//created by Laura C.)
*Sascha Vollmer, ALG Waste Mover captain glances at the news as his battered Golem-class Mover slides along a trade lane. A low-quality, roll-your-own cigarette sticks out of his mouth as he tips his cowboy hat.*

"Man. Why does our government insist on redoing every failed war twice?" - he murmurs to himself.

*He takes a sip from his canteen, filled with some disgusting, bootleg booze.*

"Second time, it only gets worse," he said as he switched the feed to some funky old country music.
*Gunda Riehl, seated in the choicest dive in the entirety of Leipheim base, gimaced the dire silences away as the pensive drinkers awaited the inevitable roll of the dark matter fields over them, and the slow spread of cancer.*

*Then, the news chimed on. Even the deaf cheered.*

Revenge. After so long. Revenge.

----- Colony News Service | Channel: News24/7 | Now Playing: Week At The Commodity Markets -----

[Image: tgc59h6.png]

----- Colony News Service | Channel: News24/7 | Now Playing: Breaking News -----

"Here is David Brady interrupting scheduled programme again with breaking news from Rheinland where chancellor Luisa Neumann is just about to give a speech about reasons for war with the Gas Miners Guild, which will be followed by a vote.

We are switching to the plenary chamber so you can watch exclusively the events there live, stay with us..."

[Image: vu7kNfy.jpg]

----- CNS | Channel: News24/7 | Now Playing: Live - War declaration speech of the Rheinland chancellor -----

[Image: aXRRuH2.jpg]

*Camera focuses on the podium in center of of the plenary chamber. The man standing behind the lectern just announced arrival of the chancellor and then left the place for her. Neumann slowly walks to the podium with serious face while representatives are standing. The place is very quiet, only sound of chancellor´s walk can be heard. She arrives to the lectern, looks around and starts with speech*

[Image: 4zxmF1M.jpg]

Honourable members of the Bundestag, fellow citizens of the Bundesrepublik Rheinland and honest people from all over Sirius!

The past few days were sad and definitely not easy. Whether for me, all members of the law enforcement forces whose current efforts I appreciate very much, or most of you. When I was given the trust to lead the Rheinland in a time period which some call as one of the toughest in our history, I thought I knew the problems we would have to face. But I was wrong. Very wrong. When the war with Liberty ended, the recovery of our economy went better than we expected thanks to the hard work of all Rheinland citizens, the contribution of our fine corporations and the smart decisions regarding taxes and economy partnerships. It was proved that it was the right decision to not continue the war, despite some thought otherwise. And despite attempts of both domestic and foreign criminal and terrorist groups to undermine our efforts, we grow and prosper.

Unfortunately, it turned out that there was one more party which was irritated by the idea of Rheinland regaining its strength again, despite we wanted to be their trading partner and gut neighbour and believed they wanted the same. An enemy hidden under an innocent mask of "nothing but fuel producers, scientists and researchers" as they called themselves. Ja, meine Damen und Herren, I talk about the Gas Miners Guild!

Now some of you may be surprised. Why would they want to see Rheinland weak and in chaos? It is simple. They want our territory and they want us to stay fully dependent on fuel they sell and control most of its known reserves. I am sure you remember that one and a half year ago, the GMG tried to claim Sigma-15 as their space, despite they knew well that it was Rheinlanders who discovered it first and inhabited it. For some reason, they think they have a right to claim any system in or even just close to the Sigmas region and Crow Nebula. We stood our ground of course, because Sigma-15 is important to the whole Rheinland. That is why we established strong presence there, including base and a battleship of the Rheinwehr. The dispute went silent, but they never nullified their claim. They know they cannot wage war against our military, but they want our sovereign space as their own so they decided to push us out by other means.

Their first move was to support our enemies to weaken us: what we suspected for quite some time and which was proved three months ago when a part of a message was revealed from no one less than the GMG guildmistress at that time, where she said: "I think it is time to make the Red Hessian Army a bit more of an ally of us."

A bit more. These words mean they already had ties with these terrorists who murdered countless civilians in Rheinland and Bretonia. Sure, they claimed later it was just an empty threat, and that they do not cooperate with RHA. But what else could they say in such situation? They knew very well that we would not tolerate this. They knew we did not hesitate to expel Interspace Commerce or Omicron Supplies Industries from Rheinland in similar situations in the past. Thus, to save them from our wrath, they again put on the mask of simple traders and gut neighbours, and even agreed to allow our forces to patrol part of Sigma-13 system. To show everyone they cooperate and do not wish conflict. We have been reasonable and definitely shown we want to avoid entering another war. We hoped they would understand they were going down the wrong path and leave it.

But they just took advantage of our gut will. Everything was just a masquerade, a play for us and people from all over Sirius. Things were only about to escalate. The Sigma-15 dispute recently became about more than just a territory. For quite some time, we are trying to reduce our dependence on the fuel purchased from GMG. Mainly Krüger Mineralien, which introduced a fuel of their own which may replace the commonly used H-fuel. And recently, they also discovered potential gas reserves in Sigma-15 which they plan to mine and thus reduce our dependence on the GMG significantly.

It is no secret that the GMG hate Kruger corporation, they do not even allow their ships to enter their space. Actually, they hate every competition in the fuel business, you may ask Samura corporation in Kusari about that. Now, their hated competitor is about to mine in space they consider as their own to make Rheinland independent from them. I can imagine how furious the GMG leadership must have been when they learned about it. They needed to send strong message to us. Say out loud "stay away from the Sigmas!"

And this returns us back to the attack on Fulda station which was committed with a ship with the guild´s identification. As you all know, GMG denies responsibility. Just like they denied their words about allying with the Red Hessian Army. Some also say that such attack would not make sense. But is it not the best cover? And do you really think it does not make sense from the point of view I outlined? Especially after that open communiqué where a person who claimed to be a member of the GMG and in control of a battleship demanded us to retreat from Sigma-15 or they will attempt to terrorize the system, destroy Rheinland assets there and kill Rheinland citizens. I am sure the GMG will claim this person and the group which he represents are not part of the guild, but are not there too many coincidences?

Honest people of Rheinland and the rest of Sirius, this must stop! The Gas Miners Guild crossed all lines and has become nothing more than another criminal and terrorist organization. They decided to wield terror against Rheinland and its people, and we cannot tolerate that. Even at the cost of another war, we must safeguard the citizens of our nation above all else!

*Some representatives mainly from part where the Imperial Party is sitting stand up and start to clap intensively, some nod noticeably few times. It takes few moments before they stop and chancellor continues to speak*

Ja, honourable members of the Bundestag, this is what I came to ask for. To declare a war on the GMG. We have done everything we could to avoid it, but there is no other way at this point. This criminal, evil organization must be purified from those which mean harm to not only us but others as well. We must fight until they will once and for all stop claiming any part of Rheinland space regardless of where it is so that our borders and their inhabitants remain safe. We must fight until they prove they no longer support our enemies and will actively hunt criminals and terrorists with all governments.

I mentioned them because we will not fight this war just for us. I do not believe they acted only against us and let other houses to be strong and independent. People of Sirius, ask yourselves - how is it possible that criminal and terrorist groups are able to run so many spaceships despite they have no direct access to fuel sources by legal means? Is it really possible that Blood Dragons, the Molly movement, Corsairs, Xenos, Liberty Rogues or The Order are able to obtain huge amounts of this vital resource without the Gas Miners Guild knowing about it or even selling and delivering it to them? I doubt about that. The only question is whether they provide this support indirectly because they do not care, or on purpose because strong governments, especially in their neighbourhood, are something they do not wish for. After all, conflicts means increased consumption of fuel and thus more money for the organization which is at all times trying to establish and keep monopoly over the helium-3 and h-fuel business. Think about that when representatives of the GMG will play as the victim and claim we are the aggressor. Nein, we are not. The evidence is out there. We can show the whole universe true face of this organization which apart from other things did not hesitate to break the treaty we honoured for years andtried to murder admiral of the Rheinwehr during the operation aimed to keep the route between Rheinland and Kusari safe from criminals and terrorists. And I am sure we will find and show even more in the upcoming weeks.

We have no other choice than to act and I hope that others will follow us and support our campaign against these unscrupulous corrupt murderers who support criminals and terrorists all over the Sirius. It is time to fight for a greater good as well as for the security and protection of honest people not only in Rheinland, but everywhere. Who else if not us, when if not now!

*Lot of representatives stand up and clap enthusiastically while others look abashed or even obviously shocked when camera roams around the seats. Then camera return to Neumann which looks around the representatives with unchanged serious face. Then she steps down from the podium and sits to the chancellor´s honorary seat while speaker announces the upcoming vote about declaring a war on the Gas Miners Guild*

[Image: vu7kNfy.jpg]

"We are back at the studio, here is David Brady. We just heard the speech of the Rheinland chancellor Luisa Neumann which summed up reason why Rheinland should declare war on the Gas Miners Guild. In a few minutes, Bundestag representatives will decide in a vote about this important decision. In the meantime, we are getting brief information from different sources about a lot of movement of Rheinland military and police forces in the Rheinland space, mainly in the systems of Frankfurt, Munich and Sigma-15. It looks like we are just minutes from another big Sirius war. Anyway, we will inform you once the vote will finish, our Bundestag correspondent Helmut Schweinsteiger is watching the event directly in the plenary chamber. We will be back in a few minutes after commercials.

(//created by Laura C., speech edited by Yber)

"Welcome back dear viewers, this is David Brady with Breakind News studio about events in the Rheinland Bundestag where just few minutes ago chancellor Luisa Neumann made a speech in which she blamed the Gas Miners Guild from support of criminal and terrorist organization in Rheinland but also rest of the houses, and indirectly even from attack on the Fulda Border Station which she claimed happened because of the dispute over Sigma-15 system between Rheinland and the guild. Then asked the representatives to approve declaration of war on the GMG.

The vote which followed ended right now, thus we are switching back to Helmut Schweinsteiger, our Bundestag correspondent. Helmut, what is the result of the vote, is Rheinland in the state of war again just year and the half after the peace treaty between them and Liberty was signed?"

[Image: qnLuuyN.jpg]

"The answer is yes, David, 83 percent of representatives voted for the war, the rest was against or abstained. There was a debate prior to vote in which some supported the war - the strongest speaker was the leader of the Imperial Party Joachim Friedmann. Other voices stated that going into another war so shortly after previous one and especially with the main H-fuel supplier is madness and situation should be settled diplomatically, especially after the bitter experience which Rheinland has from Eighty Years War. Also we heard an opinion that events which lead to this crisis were staged by some third party which is interested in starting the conflict between Rheinland and the GMG and thus it should be investigated properly who is behind it.

Anyway, decision is clear. Future days will show if this is going to be just a short skirmish over a borderworld or long and painful war which will hurt both sides. The rest of Bundestag session was canceled so no more events will happen here. This was Helmut Schweinsteiger live from the Rheinland Bundestag."

"Thank you Helmut. We are returning to the schedulled programme for now, but we invite you to the special studio we are preparing right now where we will analyze every aspect of this unexpected development including economy, military or diplomatic issues with experts from all fields. Stay with us."

----- Colony News Service | Channel: News24/7 | Now Playing: Week At The Commodity Markets -----

(//created by Laura C.)
Sitting in his office on Med Force One, Doc takes a short break to read the headlines and reads about Rheinland declaring war. He hangs his head slightly, shakes it and gives a chuckle.

"More war. Why does it figure? As if they can afford it."

He then returns to work.
The young lady in her office watched the recaps a few hours after they had set the Neural Net ablaze. Then she re-wound it and watched it again. "Those fools. Those blind fools. Their act of terror has doomed the Western Powers and we'll all end up under the Gallic heel."

The young Rheinland pilot hears the speech on the radio. After the results he turns it off.
He kisses his girlfriend on the cheek. "I go to bed early darling." He said. "Tomorrow will be a long day."
"My liege."

"My son. What brings you into my office with such haste? As if death itself nipped your heels?

"Not death, my Direktor. Life! Our people, they've... 'come alive."

It had been many a month, since Hansel Garen had smiled. The wizened arbeiter as though he'd been practising for all the sagacity of his years.
Mia watches as military activity surges around Gas Miner Ogashawa and her ship as the announcement breaks. "A shame about the meeting, but I think it's time to leave."

Within minutes her ship has slipped its moorings and disappears back from whence it came.
Pages: 1 2