Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Lane Hackers. Subject: A problem with Jamming.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Incoming Transmission

[Image: 6NrvIgS.png]

To: The Lane Hackers.
Subject: A problem with Jamming.

Unfortunately, we are not in a situation where the loss of the battlegroup would increase our security. The Union was... rather relying upon them, to keep Bering secure whilst we re-arm ourselves. It would also be an unsustainable morale loss. I cannot provide the exact details without interfering with subjects beyond my paygrade but we are presently recovering from the total self-destruction of the LWB and in-process integrating their separate command hierarchy. Furthermore, it appears that there has been a successful assassination attempt upon Arbeitsdirektor Hansel Garen by foreign forces. Without his comparatively popular figurehead, the Unioners risk reverting into a bundle of separate, self-intrested cells. Damage containment is consuming the majority of our focus - if the Unioners believe the efforts and resources we have exerted into protecting the Harmony have been squandered, then our regime is politically doomed.

Then there is the personal factor. My private assessment is still that Knight simply is not aware what she has gotten herself caught up in. The Legion offered her aid and she assisted it without absolute consideration for the long-term. Harmony is still incredibly vulnerable and the Legion is a major threat to them. She likely saw the Legion's hand as a means of threat neutralisation.

I propose that we tell a lie, to reinforce the truth. Hellfire is attempting to undermine us and make us appear unreliable to lead the Battlegroup to its doom. They will bring out the knife eventually, yes, but what if the treason of the Legion was.... performed.... before their trap is sprung?

Hackers. You have the best IFF masking technology in the cosmos, do you not? We, by contrast, are possessed of no less than seven Prosecutor fighter prototypes from when the model was brought into service six years ago. The Incursus battlegroup operated from Pacifica at the time - before the Legion's betrayal of us shortly before the re-affirmation of the Hacker-Unioner alliance nearly two years ago - it is a little known fact that Pacifica once served as the Legion's prime ship maintainence facillity beyond their own borders - the direct consequence of which being that the Unioners possess an in-depth understanding of Legion last-generation technology and fighter designs. We still have several export models. With a little Hacker help they could be made into convincing representations of Legion fighter craft.

Is the Professorship thinking what I'm thinking?

We thank you for the array, Malprave. It will serve both of our causes exceedingly.

Regards,
Armin Jansen.
First contact representative and Diplomat-in-Chief of der Alster Union, Pacifica Base, Bering.

Transmission Ended
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Professor.Provocateur.Nicole.Hunter.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 30.png]

I like your way of thinking, Herr Jansen. I applaud your ingenuity and wish to assure you that you gained my genuine respect. If ever tides of fate lead your regime to a total obliteration, know that I will always find use for talented people like yourself. Out of respect I will explain you the reasons why The Lane Hackers will not participate in such operation.

Ineffective. While we are the best in what we do, there are still some limits of what we can do. We can only fake less encrypted transponders of reserve forces. Unfortunately, it is all too easy to shake off the responsibility for actions of independent forces. It will be no problem for a Lord Commander of the Legion to prove that our provocateurs acted outside of his command structure. Knowing Legion's mentality, I guess they would even play a martial court drama and sacrifice some scapegoats just for the show.

Costly. Operations such as these are very costly. For the job you need expendable people with a unique combination of loyalty, combat skills and limited intellectual capabilities. I am afraid not a single Hacker would be stupid enough to not understand what will happen with him after the operation. I am also personally not fond of wasting resources this way.

Insecure. If I was to ever conduct a similar operation against my ally, I would destroy all related records, be it in digital, analog or biological form. This idea has already been compromised by too many potential witnesses. It would certainly be very unfortunate if records of our speculations were leaked by less loyal elements within our organizations.

Futility. Artificial life-support will not work in a long term. We are interested in a stable alliance with Harmony. Alliance built on strong partnership and common interests. However, if it is impossible, I would rather have it end now when I can still limit amount of our wasted resources.

I have sent Mr Malprave as my personal envoy to Admiral Knight. I will keep you posted.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
Pages: 1 2