Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Battlecruiser Rework
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(10-29-2017, 04:57 PM)hubjump Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2017, 06:54 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Considering the overall playtime of the changes have been less than 2 hours, I highly suggest you actually try it in the actual server environment for a week, outside of Conn preferably, before throwing the toys out of the pram.

Lets get to it.

Not everybody is like that to require empirical data for drawing conclusions, some of us have brains to use and predict probable outcomes merely from stats and numbers. But hey, testing is still good for things you can't predict from those.

Great example is that while according to these stats Battlecruiser Trebuchet has 3k range, the crosshair doesn't appear if you are further than 2,5k. So it's either blindfire in between 2,5k and 3k, or you don't use the full range.

Thank you very much.
(10-29-2017, 04:51 PM)hubjump Wrote: [ -> ]Okay how about we remove the thruster so range is actually as important as it is to battleship pilots...
Then its like a light battleship against a dreadnought but the thing is, the fight is now just longer as the BC will cruise when it gets even a little to close and the BS cant do squat!
or how about we just nerf the range and leave the thruster to keep the game play fluid and fair and not just another chase.
Because get this, TURRET STEERING IS AN ART WHICH IS RATHER POWERFUL WHEN IT CAN BE UTILIZED WITH A THRUSTER OH MY GOD WHO KNEW! ITS AS IF ITS 2013 AGAIN OH MAH GAWD WHAT IS THIS LOST ART TO THE AGES. its a shame that before this change all the BC had to do was circle with no actual skill in the brain dead ts it required...
even strafing is rather brain dead but atleast its more fair then BC vs BS as it to my surprise has more techniques which can be learned compared to TS'ing

The range advantage was TOO advantageous to the BC and it made any fight against one boring and unfair as the BC could just thrust out of its mistakes with little to no punishment due to the mobility it possessed.

"a challenge requiring tactics" BC had no tactics, just one strategy that always worked and only failed if you lack brain cells and managed to not thrust when in secondary range of a battleship.

TL;DR the range advantage was too advantageous and the BC required little to no refined skill to kill a battleship pilot who had been refining for months.
(This is about pre change btw) trust me if you took off the CD of a BC it would be an EK chase or the BS would opt to just go and dock cos cba to fight such an unfair or without the cd just now boring fight.

Well, as the gallics in Cali proved stomping many times LABC fleet, pure BS's fleet can actually rofl anything. Maybe the skill wasnt lacking in BC's side, but in inept BS hands?

And well, i stand my opinion, Turtle can be good against equally heavy things, but if cant tank ppl, if need to really "duel" and try to evade fire, is a sitting duck and ded no hope. Make no mistake, i like fat greenie, but i dont pretend isnt huge as a planet and almost equally mobile Smile
(10-29-2017, 05:44 PM)Felipe Wrote: [ -> ]Well, as the gallics in Cali proved stomping many times LABC fleet, pure BS's fleet can actually rofl anything. Maybe the skill wasnt lacking in BC's side, but in inept BS hands?

That's because people barely do even basic stuff in group fights. You can EK into cruisers in a huge groupfight surprisingly often without a snub or other vessel CDing you. Also, the LABC is by far the most used BC, makes sense that the skill average is noticeably lower than of other BCs or cruisers.
Another observation during testing: Obstinate has two somewhat usable and two quite horrible heavy slots due to bad arcs and turret placement (or rather bad choice at heavy slots, since the turret spots were already there).

Another thank you.
Those are not really news Thyr... what most ppl failed to note calling Frog BC's "OP" is that if u sticked to their rear, they were killable, u jut should not stay front of a French BC.... u know, try opponent weakness, not try rofl their strongest point Smile
I would write from my usual account, but my mouse does not work, so re-lazy, as well as look for this section on a new one.

Yes, the changes were helpful: these ships can now cause high damage to both cruisers and battleships. But with the increase in their size and armament, I thought that their turn speed and maneuverability would be lowered. As such, I did not notice any changes, although, logically, they should have been. Or I'm wrong?
I've tested a few of these changes and so far found that with the given new shipclass (instead of an amalgamation of both cruisers and BSs), these ships should be given more unique weapons and equipment. For example, if you standartize their cargo hold size, you could give them a special kind of shield with enough cargo requirements to balance out armor upgrades. That or have Titan make more unique weapons for them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4