Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Battlecruiser Rework
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(10-29-2017, 07:22 AM)Jessitrescott Wrote: [ -> ]Never was easy to kill a BS with BC ???????????? Where do you even what the hell ? ? , You just stay at 3k spam pulses and mortars i think its not gonna get easier than that, If you cant hit your mortars on a big piece of space junk you should consider going to conn once in a while.

Oh no the enemy battleship is baiting me and killing me and i get double HM'ed at 1.5k oh no oh no BIAS DEVS, THESE DEVS HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY"RE DOOING, NERF BATTLESHIPS SO PEPOLE DONT FLY EM ANYMORE, SOMETHING THAT HAS SO MUCH FIREPOWER AND HULL BAITED ME INTO 2k AND IS DESTRYOING ME, I CANT HIT THE THRUSTER BUTTON AND GO AWAY, OMG NERF NERF NERF NERF..

When i asked for nerfing anyone joy? I dare you to post from Skype, Discord or forums me seriously asking to nerf something.

And i bet ive spent more time at conn with any cap class than you, and surprise, i use from gb to dreads! im not just BCBCBCBC like some people who are just BS and nothing more.

Yes, as Reddy pointed, 5 bs's vs 5 BC's would be bad for bs's but, its really only way to "balance" it? Ruining "cattlebruisers"?

Maybe, just maybe, not logging just BS's could be a thing? And top of all, saying the Bret cruiser sucks, it dont. It is a light cruiser, in good hands (Reddy tested w me in conn) they are good, as annoying to a bc or even a HV cruiser as BC's been to BS's.

If we going down this road, nerf all light cruisers, i cant be bothered to chase them, while they evade fire at 3k and still can hit my fat BC. (Oololololol)

Lets wait and see, if core drawning on BC weapons can be balanced, it already would be a great change, and help a lot into making "Cattlebruisers" viable again. or maybe some of this changes could have been implemented, but not all. At same time, nerfed energy efficiency, reduced range, made em bigger. Too much to take at once.

If i would complain on any of those if implemented alone? Prolly, as i indeed like the class.

I havent even beggined with Cruiser complaining mind you. That will be a real war.

And Seriously you cry that BS "vulnerable to all"? Everyone above snub class vulnerable to bombers, but no one had BS hull or shield strenght. Everyone above GB vulnerable to GB, everyone above cruisers, vulnerable to cruisers, and go on...

Note that everyone could hit BS indeed, but the point is no one could insta a BS, and BS can easily instadt any foe, if get in range, sure.

As ive said before, ppl want fly just bs, and either rest of server fly same, or get the **** out. I Fail to see how this is balancing....

Lets wait and see how changes will be worked, theres potential to be nice, really. But as things are atm, really dont worth having BC's.

Specific weapons for the class? Great! but they need be worked upon, as ive said, same for rest of BC's specific equipment. Lets wait and see.
I bearly understand this cause i never flew anything else exepct kusari destr (which i dont play anymore) and nomad Irra ,I dunno is irra classified as BC or just cruiser as It writes in description .But I am interested are there any changes considering Irra (nomad cruiser) ,I am not home i dont have disco here there for i will be able to check it in few days...Just interested if anyone did check or knows about it .I d like to know Irra changes if there are any pls?
Irra is now a BC with corresponding BC turrets.
Quote:
[quote]When i asked for nerfing anyone joy? I dare you to post from Skype, Discord or forums me seriously asking to nerf something.

Oh my oh my are you a little hurt because devs nerfed your favorite class ? well i wish i had old cerbs but we all cant have what we want life is tough, Improvise, adapt , overcome.

Quote:And i bet ive spent more time at conn with any cap class than you, and surprise, i use from gb to dreads! im not just BCBCBCBC like some people who are just BS and nothing more.
Good for you, You've successfully spent right clickling pepole in conn.

Quote:Yes, as Reddy pointed, 5 bs's vs 5 BC's would be bad for bs's but, its really only way to "balance" it? Ruining "cattlebruisers"?
hey, Now 5 battleships can kill 5bc's the roles got reversed
Quote:Maybe, just maybe, not logging just BS's could be a thing? And top of all, saying the Bret cruiser sucks, it dont. It is a light cruiser, in good hands (Reddy tested w me in conn) they are good, as annoying to a bc or even a HV cruiser as BC's been to BS's.
Maybe, Just maybe, not logging just Cruisers could be a thing? And top of all, Saying Turtle the rehinland battleship sucks, it dont. It is a heavy battleship, in good hands(smoke tested w me in conn) they are good, as annoying as light battleships are to heavies or even a med battleship to a heavy batteship.

Quote:If we going down this road, nerf all light cruisers, i cant be bothered to chase them, while they evade fire at 3k and still can hit my fat BC. (Oololololol)
If we're going down this road, nerf all BC's, I cant be bothered to chase them, while they evade fire at 3k and still cant hit my fat turtle (OH LOL I GENIUENLY KEK"ED SO HARD WHILE WRITING THIS JESUS CHRIST)
Quote:Lets wait and see, if core drawning on BC weapons can be balanced, it already would be a great change, and help a lot into making "Cattlebruisers" viable again. or maybe some of this changes could have been implemented, but not all. At same time, nerfed energy efficiency, reduced range, made em bigger. Too much to take at once.
Are you mad that BC's are not finally Pocket battleships ??? They literally were smaller battleships with thruster lmao.

Quote:I havent even beggined with Cruiser complaining mind you. That will be a real war.
There was this guy called Baron Snow btw, You can ask him for "war"tips.
Quote:And Seriously you cry that BS "vulnerable to all"? Everyone above snub class vulnerable to bombers, but no one had BS hull or shield strenght. Everyone above GB vulnerable to GB, everyone above cruisers, vulnerable to cruisers, and go on...

Oh god here we go again back to square one.

Cruiser's Counter-> Battleship
Battleship's Counter -> BattleCruiser
BattleCruiser's Counter -> Cruisers

There.

EDIT:Are you actually mad that the one thing that could kill both battleships and Cruisers got nerfed ?
(10-29-2017, 03:07 PM)Stabby_Dave Wrote: [ -> ]Irra is now a BC with corresponding BC turrets.
I am glad someone responded ,regardless of me being dumb to realize what u said XD .I just hope it will be better then it was ,since its annahilator turret (forward gun) was shorter then usuall cruiser light motar range ,and my guns are same strong as nammu ,proves very bad vs dreads and zoner ships in delta ...2.9 range is maximum forward gun will reach + if players is better then you (like everyone is then me) you ll probably need 2.5 k to get a shot ,where I eventually end up too close to it and die .Hope this what u said means that guns will change since i have nammu guns on irra ,same strenght 2.0 fire rate and still not enough to confront large capital.. (yes after 1 year of disco i still dunno what BC is exept core one that has been giving me troubles)
(10-29-2017, 09:27 AM)Reddy Wrote: [ -> ]+1
I remember a event where it was GRN vs BAF. A fight in edinburgh. It was a whole kirk fleet vs 1 valor and rest GRN bc. It was awful. 30minutes of firing guns and slowly all the kirks were decimated by the BC firing prims and lms from max range.
Another fight was corsairs vs outcasts in alpha. It was legats and murmillios vs storta spam. Same result.

I think i remember commanding the start of the fight of which you speak
1 valor?... it wasn't but might as well had been. They served as firecrackers since their fleet was BATTLE CRUISER BATTLE CRUISER BATTLE CRUISER BATTLE CRUISER
here: https://youtu.be/1epYPGMaBjA?t=21m32s

Also i was commanding the storta spam one too! we just loled right into the outcast home system and we all liked the idea of it was a sparten 300 charge! good times dying to unbalanced swarms lmao but legates are hard to keep alive against cruiser mortars from every angle.

But i did learn from those when i commanded the Manchester fight, BC swarm vs dunkirks again, i managed to pull a win from that using TS dunkirk bait manoeuvres with the fleet, simpleman had no hp and lived, some other dunkirk was good still alive, and i barely mate CPT mitchell back out of a duel as the 10 min mark hit and he left as the only royal navy survivor.
(10-29-2017, 08:15 AM)eigos Wrote: [ -> ]It all comes down to skill, in the end. Fly your Battlecruiser while keeping a distance

You know that kinda worked. Until you (Dev Team, PvP "Balance" section) decided to nerf BC weaponry ranges to be sub-par to Battleship weaponry.

I liked and found it balanced that while Battleships wreck anything in their range, outside of it Battlecruisers could still try to pierce their armor from afar. It was a game of gaining, keeping or losing distance, a challenge requiring tactics. It was ruined when the range advantage of Battlecruisers was taken away. I guess I'll fly one again once I found their use with the new stats, or until we'll have another "rebalance".
Okay how about we remove the thruster so range is actually as important as it is to battleship pilots...
Then its like a light battleship against a dreadnought but the thing is, the fight is now just longer as the BC will cruise when it gets even a little to close and the BS cant do squat!
or how about we just nerf the range and leave the thruster to keep the game play fluid and fair and not just another chase.
Because get this, TURRET STEERING IS AN ART WHICH IS RATHER POWERFUL WHEN IT CAN BE UTILIZED WITH A THRUSTER OH MY GOD WHO KNEW! ITS AS IF ITS 2013 AGAIN OH MAH GAWD WHAT IS THIS LOST ART TO THE AGES. its a shame that before this change all the BC had to do was circle with no actual skill in the brain dead ts it required...
even strafing is rather brain dead but atleast its more fair then BC vs BS as it to my surprise has more techniques which can be learned compared to TS'ing

The range advantage was TOO advantageous to the BC and it made any fight against one boring and unfair as the BC could just thrust out of its mistakes with little to no punishment due to the mobility it possessed.

"a challenge requiring tactics" BC had no tactics, just one strategy that always worked and only failed if you lack brain cells and managed to not thrust when in secondary range of a battleship.

TL;DR the range advantage was too advantageous and the BC required little to no refined skill to kill a battleship pilot who had been refining for months.
(This is about pre change btw) trust me if you took off the CD of a BC it would be an EK chase or the BS would opt to just go and dock cos cba to fight such an unfair or without the cd just now boring fight.
(10-29-2017, 06:54 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Considering the overall playtime of the changes have been less than 2 hours, I highly suggest you actually try it in the actual server environment for a week, outside of Conn preferably, before throwing the toys out of the pram.

Lets get to it.
(10-29-2017, 03:51 PM)Jessitrescott Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:
Quote:When i asked for nerfing anyone joy? I dare you to post from Skype, Discord or forums me seriously asking to nerf something.

Oh my oh my are you a little hurt because devs nerfed your favorite class ? well i wish i had old cerbs but we all cant have what we want life is tough, Improvise, adapt , overcome.
This is actually a nerf for the bc class? As I know only their role is changed from not very good against anything but heavy caps to anti-cruiser vessels, which are badly needed in fleet combat since battleships generally lack the ability to counter these.
There it is only fair that battleships are now more of use against battlecruisers, which is only about duels. In fleet combat I can imagine the battlecruiser to be a threat to battleships afterall since battleships cant fully concentrate on them due to the precence of other battleships which are more dangerous.

Quote:
Quote: Yes, as Reddy pointed, 5 bs's vs 5 BC's would be bad for bs's but, its really only way to "balance" it? Ruining "cattlebruisers"?
hey, Now 5 battleships can kill 5bc's the roles got reversed
Thats how it was planned. Cruiser > Battleship > BC > Cruiser
Quote:
Quote:Maybe, just maybe, not logging just BS's could be a thing? And top of all, saying the Bret cruiser sucks, it dont. It is a light cruiser, in good hands (Reddy tested w me in conn) they are good, as annoying to a bc or even a HV cruiser as BC's been to BS's.
Maybe, Just maybe, not logging just Cruisers could be a thing? And top of all, Saying Turtle the rehinland battleship sucks, it dont. It is a heavy battleship, in good hands(smoke tested w me in conn) they are good, as annoying as light battleships are to heavies or even a med battleship to a heavy batteship.
Ive seen far more cruisers and battlecruisers around then ever before. Especially in liberty is battlecruiser fashion.

Quote:
Quote:If we going down this road, nerf all light cruisers, i cant be bothered to chase them, while they evade fire at 3k and still can hit my fat BC. (Oololololol)
If we're going down this road, nerf all BC's, I cant be bothered to chase them, while they evade fire at 3k and still cant hit my fat turtle (OH LOL I GENIUENLY KEK"ED SO HARD WHILE WRITING THIS JESUS CHRIST)
Quote:Lets wait and see, if core drawning on BC weapons can be balanced, it already would be a great change, and help a lot into making "Cattlebruisers" viable again. or maybe some of this changes could have been implemented, but not all. At same time, nerfed energy efficiency, reduced range, made em bigger. Too much to take at once.
Are you mad that BC's are not finally Pocket battleships ??? They literally were smaller battleships with thruster lmao.
The bc has never been a ship for duels. It's much more vaiable in combination with battleships in fleetcombat, attacking cruisers in surprise or damaging battleships while they are under fire by allied battleships, giving important additional damage.

Quote:And Seriously you cry that BS "vulnerable to all"? Everyone above snub class vulnerable to bombers, but no one had BS hull or shield strenght. Everyone above GB vulnerable to GB, everyone above cruisers, vulnerable to cruisers, and go on...
Disco isn't a game where stats like HP or damage output are the decisive property. The size, (turn)speed, and compactness are usually the factor which decides a cap fight. Battleships suffered under this weakness for ages, making surprise attacks with instakill loadouts like 2/3 HMS essential for them to counter anything smaller. And still smaller ships had it easy, if played smart, to deal with battleships. That's where the BC rework comes in. It is supposed to be balanced in a way where it is most vulnerable to battleships while being the backbone for your own battleships, effectively hunting cruisers which otherwise would have easy play with them.

Quote:EDIT:Are you actually mad that the one thing that could kill both battleships and Cruisers got nerfed ?
no actually bc's have not been very good, maybe until now. Their usage is different now and it might have good potential. The changes still have to be tested in a fleet fight to give further information about their weaknesses and strenghs.
Pages: 1 2 3 4