Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Nomad (indie) ID and Permitted Ships Post-patch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(10-30-2017, 11:53 PM)Exodite Asmodai Wrote: [ -> ]So your argument would consist of...

"It would make a part of Discovery accessible to every player, but I really like that particular part of it, and we'd get lolwuts in big scary caps who would never log them because their Ranseurs get more action in Liberty anyway."

The K'hara/Vagrant/SCRA stranglehold on big fancy-looking ships is both perfectly understandable and completely infuriating. I understand why they do it, but it negatively affects my lolwut ass, so I hate it.

No, my argument is that people who have no grip on Nomad RP (or RP in general) shouldn't have access to the Marduk as it has a unique role in Nomad lore, representing the oldest, most experienced nomad entities. Mind you, not even the Vagrants have a Marduk by now. The best we have so far is one of the Advisors having evolved to the Irra class. We're young and don't want to push things weirdly quickly. As for the Coalition, SCRA plays in a way that represents the little resources they have. If it was different, they'd have the same feedback thread as RHA had with their 30 Blood Diamond battleships. ;3
(10-30-2017, 09:40 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]No need to open the Marduk up for people like YVAN_LE_TERRIBLE, Cheesecake and TERMINATOR007. Anyone who wants a Marduk shall simply put effort into it, SRP it or join K'Hara or Vagrants.

(10-30-2017, 10:21 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]Or you do it the other way around and give people access to the ship once they put effort into it, meaning SRP or K'Hara or Vagrants. Really, it's not worth corrupting the game with lolwut nomads. If you're in Liberty or the Nomicrons often, you'll know what I refer to.

Edit: If you want an example: The entire community treats ANY Nephilim like lolwuts, since the ship is the personification of people being unable to play it in a reasonable way.

Letting indies fly Marduks does't increase the number of people who use stupid names. It just puts them from one battleship into another.

And if you really want to raise RP quality and immersion, what needs to be done is to address names like TERMINATOR007 and La.Baguette.Frommage regardless of faction and community "rank". That's arguably the admins job (but if players wish to help, they could talk to the worst names players directly), and I think the admin's time would be much better spent quickly renaming/addressing these players instead of chewing through lengthy SRP operas.

What really doesnt help is when people demand SRP-only and official faction only ships, while they do nothing against these OORP names in other faction and other ships, and if some of they or their friends even have ships called Falling.Lollipop, SirLaggsalots, or GRN-La.Baguette.Frommage themselves.

Two other problems I see with official factions (or SRPs... same problem) controlling these ships is that
1. They use that power for their own aggrandizement (for example... people join or brown-nose factions to get the ship, while the faction's behavior and RP is really sub-standard). By what is being said here, it's rather obvious that the people who want to keep Marduks restricted want to use Marduks as a recruitment tool for their own faction. Using them as a recruitment tool for your own faction is something else than assuring quality RP. I'm all for quality control of RP, but on an objective level which isnt affected by self-promotion of one's own faction and one's own RP.

2. What is good and bad RP is very subjective (except in the worst cases), and I've seen some of the worst behavior and the worst RP coming from official factions, and they were very comfy with it because after all they were the ones in control and the ones who decided what was "good" and "bad". Without naming more names, I'll just say there were OFLers with worse RP, and with worse communication skills as for example Elune, and with much, much much MUCH MUCH MUUUUCH worse attitudes towards players.

All in all, I'm not even opposed to limiting certain ships and even gear to people who RP correctly. But the decision should be up to entirely objective criteria, which are easy to fulfill, and require little work to process/grant, and should under no circumstances be left up to the subjective whims of individuals.
I'm already no longer the drama of the hour? Already?

Disco must be active again.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9